Funny Pic Thread (Episode II: Attack of the Reposts)

• Thread starter ceiling_fan
  • 4,006 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
nakketattisbw3.jpg

:lol:

Its a Shadow Can-Am car - so from a similar era to the Toyota 7. It was pretty experimental not unlike Jim Hall's Chaparrals. I don't think that the short wheel base did it any favours. They called it the AVS and the small wheels were designed to give it a aerodynamic advantage. However, small wheels ment small brakes - and you need pretty big brakes when you've 780bhp behind you.

Its a Shadow Can-Am car - so from a similar era to the Toyota 7. It was pretty experimental not unlike Jim Hall's Chaparrals. I don't think that the short wheel base did it any favours. They called it the AVS and the small wheels were designed to give it a aerodynamic advantage. However, small wheels ment small brakes - and you need pretty big brakes when you've 780bhp behind you.

Plus Rep - Thanks !...

The guy who designed it did a lot of clever enginering....

http://freddifred.com/trevor_lee_harris.htm

small wheels doesn't have to mean small brakes. You could use inboard brakes like on a monster truck.
There is a certain difference in rotation speed between a off road truck with 6 feet wheels and a 800bhp asphalt racer with 15 inch wheels..

small wheels doesn't have to mean small brakes. You could use inboard brakes like on a monster truck.

I can't see much space to put inboard disks either - especially at the front!

There is a certain difference in rotation speed between a off road truck with 6 feet wheels and a 800bhp asphalt racer with 15 inch wheels..

Try 10 inch!

yeah space was more the problem I was thinking than difference in rotating speeds.

Having 10 inch wheels... what did they use mini cooper brakes?

I would think that it would be easy to stop, since it would be virtually impossible to put any of the 780hp down without incinerating those dinky little rear tires.

Tyrell solved the problem this way in F1:

gp20f120620wheel20tyreltr2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back