GBRC "Grumpy British Racing Club" Home of clean racing.

Great I’ll add you now, yeah have headset. I’d class myself as not great but not terrible, I’m D-S but haven’t really done a huge amount of online. What part of Wales @adlyco?
Chepstow, as south easterly as possible while still being in Wales 😄 Yourself?

Hello chaps, you on tonight? And what's the car/spec please?

Also, I'm using the VR thing. Does it plug me into the chat, do you know?

Hello chaps, you on tonight? And what's the car/spec please?

Also, I'm using the VR thing. Does it plug me into the chat, do you know?
Hi mate, how's things?
VR does work with chat but we have switched from PSN voice chat to Discord voice chat.
To join our discord voice chat you need to register with Discord and join our server the link can be found in my signature.

Tonight the guys are practicing for Sundays race which is around the Nordschlrife. Unfortunately i am on late shift this week so won't be there make sure you have GBRC-Cokebloke on your PSN friends list.

Porsche 911 RS (991) '16

Custom specification:
BHP : 401
Power restrictor adjustment at 79%
Weight : 1178 Kg
Racing medium tyres
Customisable race suspension
Customisable LSD
Customisable transmission
Power restrictor
Racing silencer
Racing brakes and pads
Brake balance controller
Racing clutch and fly wheel
Wide body
Front splitter type A
Side splitter type A
Rear diffuser type A
Rear wing type A (edited)

Thanks Lunch and @cokebloke. Grandkids have turned up, but I think I'll be able to get on later. And I'll try to hook up with discord.

EDIT: Sorry for the no-show chaps. I thought the kids had been a commitment...

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

I've been looking to join a club or league lately, do you fellows accept racers outside of Britain?
I am located in Estonia, Northeastern Europe, +2hrs time zone, B-C/S level, playing on controller, but i dont have a whole lot of playing time as my time is already mostly split between family and work.

If everything checks out with youse, i will add the two admins and try to find youse on Discord.

Thank you either way,
Tanel

Hello everybody!

I've been looking to join a club or league lately, do you fellows accept racers outside of Britain?
I am located in Estonia, Northeastern Europe, +2hrs time zone, B-C/S level, playing on controller, but i dont have a whole lot of playing time as my time is already mostly split between family and work.

If everything checks out with youse, i will add the two admins and try to find youse on Discord.

Thank you either way,
Tanel
Hi Tanel,
We have a few drivers from all over the world so that's not a problem.
All we ask for is that you race clean and be gentlemanly.
There will be a two week bedding in period before you can join official races.
Add me to your friends list and give us a try.

Afternoon all. I’m an A/S driver (only just made A) looking for a league for old unfit drivers 😄. I’ve never done league racing before so just looking for some casual racing initially. I’ve joined the GBRP discord server and SLP. What’s next?

Afternoon all. I’m an A/S driver (only just made A) looking for a league for old unfit drivers 😄. I’ve never done league racing before so just looking for some casual racing initially. I’ve joined the GBRP discord server and SLP. What’s next?
Hi Integer,
Just accepted your PSN friends request.
Next time your online i will introduce you to the club. Do you have a headset?

Good evening!

Thought I’d introduce myself. Recently purchased a PS5 and GT7. Total newbie but loving it so far. Looking to get involved with some casual racing with like minded people.

I’ve added Cokebloke and Lunchbox but not entirely sure how to join the discord.

Looking forward to getting started!

Good evening!

Thought I’d introduce myself. Recently purchased a PS5 and GT7. Total newbie but loving it so far. Looking to get involved with some casual racing with like minded people.

I’ve added Cokebloke and Lunchbox but not entirely sure how to join the discord.

Looking forward to getting started!
Hi Connolly55,
Not got your friends request for some reason, what's your PSN name?

GBRC host's practice and race nights on Sunday & Thursdays from 8pm-10pm UK time every week with a regular presence on GT7 during the week.
We are a small but growing racing community of mature, clean and gentlemanly drivers.
Established in 2010 on GTplanet and have a core membership of drivers who race GT7 PS5.

We have drivers in their 30's through to the their 70's with an average age of 55.

We accept all skill levels and abilities and only ask you to race clean and fair for the enjoyment of everyone. We are open to new ideas for cars and tracks, suggestions' are always welcome.
We also have a Discord chat room which is welcomed. The chat can be a bit blue at times and only recommend it for the more mature drivers.

Rookie driver's are more than welcome and we offer tuition on improving your driving level.
We can also offer help with your media presence including setups and advice.

We race all kinds of cars from classic to modern and have built a driving roster of clean racers.

Lobbies will be hosted by:
GBRC-Lunchbox
GBRC-Cokebloke

Feel free to add us on PSN to join our lobbies.
Please reply to this thread before adding GBRC members to you're friends list.
This allows us to verify incoming friends requests.

To race make sure you have the cars listed below and read the casual racing rules.
Please post details here if interested and we look forward to racing with you soon.

Car's we tend to race on GT7
MX-5 Roadster touring car
Mini cooper s ‘05
Renault Clio V6 24V '00
Radical SR3 SL '13
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83
Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
BMW M3 Sport Evolution 1989
Honda RA272 '65
GR3 & GR4 car’s

Quick Reference Guide to GBRC GT7 Casual Racing Rules

At GBRC we pride ourselves in clean racing with minimal contact.
We have an active team of Race Admin members who take part in all races & study the race replays.
We aim for realistic racing and would ask drivers to drive as if it was their car.

Below is a brief version of our Online Racing Rules ;

The Track ;
The game will issue penalties for track limits.
If a driver breaks the track limits and gains an advantage you should give up that advantage.

Qualifying ;
Just like in real life racing, do not obstruct other drivers who are on a fast qualifying lap.
Please move off the racing line or off track.
Do not park on track while qualifying is still in progress.
If you catch up to a driver then it’s your responsibility to back off.
Do not hinder the car in front.

The Race ;
Avoid contact with other cars.
If you make contact with another car & either make them lose control / leave the track / spin, you must wait for the car to rejoin and allow him past.
If another car is ahead & on the racing line when braking into a corner, you must back out of any manoeuvre to avoid contact or spinning the other car around.
Continual contact / rubbing the car in front is not acceptable
Weaving to avoid slip streaming / towing the car behind is not acceptable – you can move once.
If you leave the track, care must be taken to safely re-join without hindering other drivers.
Be prepared to leave racing room for cars that are alongside or 'overlapping' you
The race is not won in the first corner – be patient on the first few corners.
You must make every effort to avoid collisions, this would include going off track.

Two words to think about - Patience and Awareness.

Be gentlemanly,polite and respectful.
Respect the stewards and Admin.

Persistent, careless, abusive driving could result in a Permanent ban from GBRC.

View attachment 1370058

GBRC shout out from Tidgney

GBRC Racing

Hi guys, I'm a casual driver with low score due to a massive amount of "rage quits". I'd really like to become member of a "clean race focused group". I've started just 2 month ago with daily events, but the level of sportsmanship and respect is very poor. For me it would be gold to have 1 o 2 days a week of just clean races. So I'll be glad if you could accept my friend request (I'll send it by tonyt). Best.

Back