GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
This is the way.
Ran a couple of laps yesterday but in a custom race since we had an internet outage all of last night and I was unable to create an online lobby. You should be able to make the tires last long enough for a one stop you just really need to short shift and be patient with the throttle to avoid spinning. La rouge is tough for me as well but I stay in fifth gear if that helps. Go slow in the bus stop at the end and be patient.

1200px-Death_Wish_Coffee_Logo.svg.png

Ran a couple of laps yesterday but in a custom race since we had an internet outage all of last night and I was unable to create an online lobby. You should be able to make the tires last long enough for a one stop you just really need to short shift and be patient with the throttle to avoid spinning. La rouge is tough for me as well but I stay in fifth gear if that helps. Go slow in the bus stop at the end and be patient.
You have to treat the tyres like fragile little babies and avoid kerbs like Covid. I’d say it’s a success if you have the same pace on the first and 10th lap.
Good morning everyone, will see you in the practice lobby. @PApunk924 I would like to do a no-quali, will you manually set the grid or should I just not set laps? I don’t mind doing quali, but I want to start at the back.

You have to treat the tyres like fragile little babies and avoid kerbs like Covid. I’d say it’s a success if you have the same pace on the first and 10th lap.
Good morning everyone, will see you in the practice lobby. @PApunk924 I would like to do a no-quali, will you manually set the grid or should I just not set laps? I don’t mind doing quali, but I want to start at the back.

No problem. I will place you in the back of the grid.

If you can, please try to avoid doing laps during the qualifying session so there is no confusion.

Nice race lobby B
I had a blast fighting with @SydViscus and @Sandite5 for 1st place during the first 10 laps.

Then I pited in lap 11 and went with mids to make a one stopper. But the pace fell off with that compound. I ended up 7th after being 1st before pitting. I think double stints on softs are better overal
At least that shows me Im up to the challenge as long as a have a good strat..

Last edited:
Nice race lobby B
I had a blast fighting with @SydViscus and @Sandite5 for 1st place during the first 10 laps.

Then I pited in lap 11 and went with mids to make a one stopper. But the pace fell off with that compound. I ended up 7th after being 1st before pitting. I think double stints on softs are better overal

Good fight man, to answer your question from lobby I one stopped RS to RM :cheers::cheers:

Nice race lobby B

Yup good stuff! I was going to do like @SydViscus with a one stopper RS to RM. I did one lap on RM and thought, "Nope **** that." then swapped back into RS.

You stuck pretty close to us for sure on that first stint. Look forward to racing you again!

Yea 1 stop was mega tonight and made sense I stretched the softs as far as fuel would let me. The good thing was either i didnt push the softs hard enough because i was running the same times on mediums for the most part.

Nice race lobby B

That was quite a race! Though it wasn't mine for the weekend.

I didn't perform well on track since I had been sliding all over the place and making quite a lot of mistakes. Slipped wide at Pouhon during Qualifying and spun straight into the barriers, tried to qualify on the mediums in a bid to maintain race pace but the grip was rather absurd.

Race start was a little shaky for me, couldn't keep up the speed through Eau Rouge and the car was just cutting up grass. Accidentally light bumped into PApunk's rear at the end of the Kemmel Straight and got myself thrown into the grass for my mistake, I took the escape road but was thrown back on track later so the rest of my first stint was to conserve as much fuel and tires to keep the pace consistent. Second stint was just a gush of fuel to the finish line and the better soft tires, which put me back on my faster pace but not enough to overcome my losses and mistakes.

I didn't really like the car much around the circuit, a lot of understeer and instability under braking despite having a huge ass wing behind me. It was only at the initial few laps I found some improved balance by shifting my brake bias and leaner fuel mix to keep the power in check.

That was quite a race! Though it wasn't mine for the weekend.

I didn't perform well on track since I had been sliding all over the place and making quite a lot of mistakes. Slipped wide at Pouhon during Qualifying and spun straight into the barriers, tried to qualify on the mediums in a bid to maintain race pace but the grip was rather absurd.

Race start was a little shaky for me, couldn't keep up the speed through Eau Rouge and the car was just cutting up grass. Accidentally light bumped into PApunk's rear at the end of the Kemmel Straight and got myself thrown into the grass for my mistake, I took the escape road but was thrown back on track later so the rest of my first stint was to conserve as much fuel and tires to keep the pace consistent. Second stint was just a gush of fuel to the finish line and the better soft tires, which put me back on my faster pace but not enough to overcome my losses and mistakes.

I didn't really like the car much around the circuit, a lot of understeer and instability under braking despite having a huge ass wing behind me. It was only at the initial few laps I found some improved balance by shifting my brake bias and leaner fuel mix to keep the power in check.
I feel you, the mids were my Aquiles heel yesterday. You have to ask much more of the car when using them. Brake a bit harder but mantain the car straight, as a slide is much worse on the mediums.
Imagine you have to keep them in higher temps. than the softs...

Last edited:
I hauled ass...I had a clean race (except for one trip to the runoff tarmac due to playing with fuel maps while racing Guido...sorry @GTP_Guido !!). I ran out of fuel with 100 feet to go, but didn't affect my outcome. Zero penalties! An almost perfect race, yet still I'm so slow and at the back of the pack. So amazingly discouraging...but I'm not giving up. One race to go...I'll be there on Saturday, will most likely wreck in the death chicane, but I'm gonna give it my all and see what happens. Final drive for the Jag, then hopefully on to something with a little more freedom in the steering rack. See y'all Saturday!!

I hauled ass...I had a clean race (except for one trip to the runoff tarmac due to playing with fuel maps while racing Guido...sorry @GTP_Guido !!). I ran out of fuel with 100 feet to go, but didn't affect my outcome. Zero penalties! An almost perfect race, yet still I'm so slow and at the back of the pack. So amazingly discouraging...but I'm not giving up. One race to go...I'll be there on Saturday, will most likely wreck in the death chicane, but I'm gonna give it my all and see what happens. Final drive for the Jag, then hopefully on to something with a little more freedom in the steering rack. See y'all Saturday!!
Hang in there man! You and i will rise from the ashes next season! You’re getting faster as am I.

My speed and pace is sloooowly increasing - much slower than i’d like but it is happening. Practice and study of racecraft. What a great assignment to have. (Either that or watch some corny sitcom on the couch with my wife!?) I for one just have to remember we walk before we run! This saturday i(we!?) rise from the ashes! Or we burn the mofo’s (jags/aston martins/fords) to the ground!

(insert appropriate battle chant here)

my WAR brothers @scarecrow937 @Stryker13 we may have lost this seasons war but lets wreak havoc at the dragon battle as a prelude to next season!

Last edited:
Back