GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
5701627574910747673_23.jpg
So this is going to be the ideal livery for the MPT if they give me the green light to do so. Its a work in progress but if I do get the green light, I will have this finished by Wednesday or Thursday.

5701627574910747673_23.jpg
So this is going to be the ideal livery for the MPT if they give me the green light to do so. Its a work in progress but if I do get the green light, I will have this finished by Wednesday or Thursday.

Love it man, looks great!!

Ill have to consult with the team/sponsors and get back to you, but really appreciate you taking the time and offering that beauty up!!

@aedenmaddok looking forward to the finale this week! It’s been a great points battle all season and you’ve kept me super honest in terms of off track excursions and even small mistakes :)

Im also always amazed at how much you can get out of a set of tires. Hope to see you on track at dragon trail for great race to close out the season
Don't think you guys will have it that easy! I'll be challenging for the overall win too, and even more next season!

@aedenmaddok looking forward to the finale this week! It’s been a great points battle all season and you’ve kept me super honest in terms of off track excursions and even small mistakes :)

Im also always amazed at how much you can get out of a set of tires. Hope to see you on track at dragon trail for great race to close out the season
Yes, it has been quite a closely contested battle; I've really enjoyed it.

One of my greatest strengths/weaknesses is that I'm a smooth driver, not a fast driver. I have little trouble maintaining even the softest tires throughout an entire stint with a full fuel tank. However, I have trouble pushing harder to make a hot lap time without making mistakes. For example I've averaged a qualification position of 3.00 in Bronze this season and have never achieved a pole position...

Average Bronze Qualification Position:
racefan8850 ............ 1.14
BPeacock27 ............. 2.86
aedenmaddok .......... 3.00
AfraidRacer .............. 3.50 ...... *Not including week 3, before placement (but he would have had pole).
Drummer1979 ......... 3.50
TurboTacho .............. 3.50
Cornbread243 ......... 4.33

Yet, I do much better during the actual races...

Average Bronze Fastest Race Lap:
racefan8850 ............ 1.71
aedenmaddok .......... 1.86
BPeacock27 ............. 3.29
AfraidRacer .............. 3.38 ...... *Not including week 3, before placement (but he would have been 1st).
Cornbread243 ......... 4.00
Drummer1979 ......... 4.75

Last edited:

One of my greatest strengths/weaknesses is that I'm a smooth driver, not a fast driver. I have little trouble maintaining even the softest tires throughout an entire stint with a full fuel tank. However, I have trouble pushing harder to make a hot lap time without making mistakes. For example I've averaged a qualification position of 3.00 in Bronze this season and have never achieved a pole position...

AfraidRacer .............. 3.50 ...... *Not including week 3, before placement (but he would have had pole).

AfraidRacer .............. 3.38 ...... *Not including week 3, before placement (but he would have been 1st).

Well you guys better keep your hats on. @BPeacock2727 is showing up with a little extra speed this week.

Someone was doing some MATHamphetamines

I feel you, the mids were my Aquiles heel yesterday. You have to ask much more of the car when using them. Brake a bit harder but mantain the car straight, as a slide is much worse on the mediums.
Imagine you have to keep them in higher temps. than the softs...
I would have used a flare torch on and off to keep these tires hot. If I asked too much on the car it'll break into a spin or not even turn. I actually tried drifting the car or at least put the car into oversteer to compensate for the tires.

But it's really fun to drive a turbo car around the circuit, the punch just gives you a surging kick all the time if you're not careful.

Well you guys better keep your hats on. @BPeacock2727 is showing up with a little extra speed this week.
peacock.jpg

He'll peck your rear wing till it falls off. :lol:

Last edited:
Back