GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Lap 27 goin P2 5secs clear in fron of @WanganGhost. DEATH CHICANE.....
Lost 30 secs and ended up P5 after doing everything right for 26 laps I lost everything in the blink of an eye.
Nontheless I finally made the mids work and had a good pace on the low 1,38s almost all laps. Really good fuel manage and race start.
BUT AS THEY SAY " THE MIND IS A POWERFUL PLACE.."
Also congrats to @Sandite5 for the P1

Last edited:
Congrats to last nights division winners:

@Moby45
@Sandite5
@racefan88

And last nights winning team:
Maple Pain Train

Coincidentally these are also all of our season champions!

Way to end the season in style!

Please check out the Gr.3 Hub for the race results

Amazing Season everyone ! Gratzzi Ragazzi. Now quick question does missing races count as a dropped or zero points. Curious as I have the 234 points yet still 5th and I didn’t miss any races. ?? Just confused.

Last edited:
Amazing Season everyone ! Gratzzi Ragazzi. Now quick question does missing races count as a dropped or zero points. Curious as I have the 234 points yet still 5th and I didn’t miss any races. ?? Just confused.

Yes a missed race counts as your drop race

Yes a missed race counts as your drop race
The math still doesn't make sense to be ahead 234 points yet behind in drop points. The drivers ahead have no drop points as they are the same? This means racing more races is a detriment?

Last edited:
The math still doesn't make sense to be ahead 234 points yet behind in drop points. The drivers ahead have no drop points as they are the same? This means racing more races is a detriment?

Capture+_2020-12-13-13-46-07.png
Capture+_2020-12-13-13-46-28.png
Capture+_2020-12-13-13-46-44.png

If you participate in 8 races you will have a higher total points than someone that participates in 7.

To not punish drivers for having real life stuff going on i take everyone's top 7 finishes for the season to determine their final standings.

Your total points is your points you accumulated over all 8 races.

Your drop score is your top 7 races.

Thats why the guy who races all 8 can have a higher total score than someone who participates in 7

More races is not detrimental. The guys that miss a race know that 0 is their drop for the season. So any mistake they make the rest of the season have no chance of being dropped.

Ah ok. I see. So the drivers who missed a race get their zero dropped which is counting as a 'dropped' but they did not race technically so they technically haven't gotten a drop score. Since I did race all races I lost the 26 points but they don't lose any.

You're getting it now

@Moby45
@Sandite5
@racefan88

Maple Pain Train

great season and thanks to @PApunk924 and the bod. My first season and enjoyed it thoroughly. Great job to the bronze winners - @aedenmaddok and @racefan88 - 1 point appart. Cant get closer than that.

W.A.R. Will be proclaimed again next season - while a slow start out of the gate, we finished the season with some great races. Thx to @Stryker13 and @scarecrow937.

Stay tuned in the near future for W.A.R. Press releases. @BPeacock2727 was recently quoted in the paddock (which was tough to hear because he had that dam boom box blaring his new entrance song) ‘we’ve got some suckers - errr - i mean potential investors- just about inked for next seasons program - we’ll let ya’ll know when they sign’ he continues ‘strong finishes at the end of this season gives us a ray of hope to find an interested manufacturer too’

stay tuned arl-ites - stay tuned.

As i figured it was a hard fought battle for 3rd for the finale. The possum (@Stryker13 ) can no longer play racing ignorant...we see you bro, and you are a force to be reckoned with. @GTR4MROD you earned a 3rd place finish as much as i did and look forward to more fun and clean battles with you.

To the rest of the participants...thx for making this the best league to run in. Great peeps and great racing all around.

Thx to the bod and @PApunk924 for keep these cars rollin

Thanks to everyone for coming out this season and making it one of the most competitive, if not the most competitive season to date. It was a pleasure to be able to help put this on for all of you and I look forward to what we are going to see from this grid in the future.

Congratulations to all the race and division winners, it was so close and you guys earned it big time.

Moving forward, the BoD has been working hard behind the scenes to improve the Saturday Gr3 format, and while I cannot announce anything yet, I think we have a very special season ahead of us, and there's a lot to be excited about. I hope you all enjoy what's to come......

Can't wait to host you all again :cheers::cheers:

Firstly, thanks to the BoD for putting this on each week and ensuring a great series to compete in.

@aedenmaddok thanks for a great points battle all season. Going into the race last night it was clear if I wanted the championship I was going to need to have one of my strongest performances of the season and maybe even a little help/luck. Lap over lap that chicane tested my nerves and to end the season with only 1 point difference could not have been closer.

@BPeacock2727 also really enjoyed the battle we had last night at the start. Looking forward to seeing everyone on track soon!

Is there an estimate of how many off weeks there will be until next season? I need to get through a testing program to see what manufacturer will replace my trusty Supra from this season.

@Moby45
@Sandite5
@racefan88

Maple Pain Train

Oh man what a trifecta ending...

1st Overall Win:
giphy.gif

1st in Silver Division:
tenor (7).gif

1st Team Victory for Maple Pain Train:
8fc078d60606781d7443406eb2972b1c.gif

Oh and also for this last race:
download_20201213_203323.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm.....not an average. Just addition.
As i figured it was a hard fought battle for 3rd for the finale. The possum (@Stryker13 ) can no longer play racing ignorant...we see you bro, and you are a force to be reckoned with. @GTR4MROD you earned a 3rd place finish as much as i did and look forward to more fun and clean battles with you.

To the rest of the participants...thx for making this the best league to run in. Great peeps and great racing all around.

Thx to the bod and @PApunk924 for keep these cars rollin
Great season all around. W.A.R made it close at the end there but we were able to pull of the podium. Looking forward to the next season with all its new stufff. As of right now a Ferrari return looks pretty bleak press release to follow the new season.

Post #1 has been updated with the incoming tire rules. These will be in effect from Race 1 of the upcoming season.

Please see "Spoiler 3.8 Tire Rules" for all the details.

@ me or pm with any and all questions.

I will include a spoiler with the same info below:

TIRE RULES

Articles (1.0) to (3.7)

Rules subject to change or addition. Ask BoD for clarification if necessary.

QUALIFYING TIRE

1.0- All drivers will qualify on the Racing Soft (RS) Compound.

1.1- Qualifying tire(s) will not count toward season tire allocation.

1.2- Drivers may start the race on the tire compound of their choice, regardless of which compound was used to qualify.

1.3- Multiple sets of Racing Soft (RS) tires may be used in qualifying, if the driver wishes to enter pit lane and receive fresh tires. Rule 1.1 applies to all tires used.

RACE TIRE

2.0- Racing Soft (RS) and Racing Medium (RM) tires will be available.

2.1- There is no mandatory compound change required during the race unless tire rule 3.6 will be contradicted by continuing to use the same compound.

SEASON TIRE ALLOCATION

3.0- Each driver will be allotted eight (8) sets of Racing Soft (RS) tires for the duration of the season.

3.1- There will be no limit on the number of Racing Medium (RM) tires available.

3.2- Mixed compound usage will count against Racing Soft (RS) allotment.

3.3- One (1) set of Racing Soft (RS) tires will be forfeited for each race missed by the driver.

3.4- When new drivers join they will be allotted one (1) set of Racing Softs (RS) tires for each race remaining in the current season.

3.5- Each time the Racing Soft (RS) tire is used, regardless of distance or time driven, one (1) set will be removed from the allotment for the current season.

3.6- Once the maximum usage of eight (8) Racing Soft (RS) tires is reached by the driver, the RS tire will no longer be available for the duration of the current season.

3.7- One (1) set of Racing Soft (RS) tires will be added for each race added to the schedule, otherwise there will be no circumstance where more than eight (8) sets of RS tires may be used. Drivers who fail to adhere to tire allotment rules will be subject to penalties of a severe nature.

Back