GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Post #1 has been updated with the incoming tire rules. These will be in effect from Race 1 of the upcoming season.

Please see "Spoiler 3.8 Tire Rules" for all the details.

@ me or pm with any and all questions.

I will include a spoiler with the same info below:

TIRE RULES

Articles (1.0) to (3.7)

Rules subject to change or addition. Ask BoD for clarification if necessary.

QUALIFYING TIRE

1.0- All drivers will qualify on the Racing Soft (RS) Compound.

1.1- Qualifying tire(s) will not count toward season tire allocation.

1.2- Drivers may start the race on the tire compound of their choice, regardless of which compound was used to qualify.

1.3- Multiple sets of Racing Soft (RS) tires may be used in qualifying, if the driver wishes to enter pit lane and receive fresh tires. Rule 1.1 applies to all tires used.

RACE TIRE

2.0- Racing Soft (RS) and Racing Medium (RM) tires will be available.

2.1- There is no mandatory compound change required during the race unless tire rule 3.6 will be contradicted by continuing to use the same compound.

SEASON TIRE ALLOCATION

3.0- Each driver will be allotted eight (8) sets of Racing Soft (RS) tires for the duration of the season.

3.1- There will be no limit on the number of Racing Medium (RM) tires available.

3.2- Mixed compound usage will count against Racing Soft (RS) allotment.

3.3- One (1) set of Racing Soft (RS) tires will be forfeited for each race missed by the driver.

3.4- When new drivers join they will be allotted one (1) set of Racing Softs (RS) tires for each race remaining in the current season.

3.5- Each time the Racing Soft (RS) tire is used, regardless of distance or time driven, one (1) set will be removed from the allotment for the current season.

3.6- Once the maximum usage of eight (8) Racing Soft (RS) tires is reached by the driver, the RS tire will no longer be available for the duration of the current season.

3.7- One (1) set of Racing Soft (RS) tires will be added for each race added to the schedule, otherwise there will be no circumstance where more than eight (8) sets of RS tires may be used. Drivers who fail to adhere to tire allotment rules will be subject to penalties of a severe nature.

I like the tire rule changes :cheers:

Post #1 has been updated with the incoming tire rules. These will be in effect from Race 1 of the upcoming season.

TIRE RULES

Articles (1.0) to (3.7)

QUALIFYING TIRE

1.2- Drivers may start the race on the tire compound of their choice, regardless of which compound was used to qualify.

1.3- Multiple sets of Racing Soft (RS) tires may be used in qualifying, if the driver wishes to enter pit lane and receive fresh tires. Rule 1.1 applies to all tires used.

RACE TIRE

2.1- There is no mandatory compound change required during the race unless tire rule 3.6 will be contradicted by continuing to use the same compound.

SEASON TIRE ALLOCATION

3.0- Each driver will be allotted eight (8) sets of Racing Soft (RS) tires for the duration of the season.

3.1- There will be no limit on the number of Racing Medium (RM) tires available.

3.3- One (1) set of Racing Soft (RS) tires will be forfeited for each race missed by the driver.

3.4- When new drivers join they will be allotted one (1) set of Racing Softs (RS) tires for each race remaining in the current season.

3.5- Each time the Racing Soft (RS) tire is used, regardless of distance or time driven, one (1) set will be removed from the allotment for the current season.

3.6- Once the maximum usage of eight (8) Racing Soft (RS) tires is reached by the driver, the RS tire will no longer be available for the duration of the current season.

3.7- One (1) set of Racing Soft (RS) tires will be added for each race added to the schedule, otherwise there will be no circumstance where more than eight (8) sets of RS tires may be used. Drivers who fail to adhere to tire allotment rules will be subject to penalties of a severe nature.

Great job on the new tire rule.

Great job on the new tire rule.
F849CEC3-3B38-4F39-8B46-CE53D88E47C8.jpeg

TIRE RULES

Articles (1.0) to (3.7)

QUALIFYING TIRE

RACE TIRE

SEASON TIRE ALLOCATION

Ok. I am lost. So does that mean the laps are going to be shorter and more lenient tire wear or is it going to be the same? Also, I can qually on RS and then start the race on RM or I still can't do that? Ugh. My head hurts.

Ok. I am lost. So does that mean the laps are going to be shorter and more lenient tire wear or is it going to be the same? Also, I can qually on RS and then start the race on RM or I still can't do that? Ugh. My head hurts.

1. (tire wear) Tire wear should stay roughly the same. It definitely will not get more aggressive.
2. (qualifying) Everyone will now qualify on the same compound (RS)
3. (race start) you may start the race on whichever compound you would like. you are no longer required to use the same tire you qualify on to start the race.

@PApunk924 should I post the division list?

Welcome Bronze drivers, you guys deserve to be in this fight, you've seen some MASSIVE improvements and don't feel for a second like you wont be fighting with the usual silver suspects for victories, some of you already scare me (in a pace way, not in a punt me off way lol) :cheers::cheers:
You may want to rethink that last statement :sly:

The BoD needs everyone's help with the season 9 schedule. We are undecided whether or not to take a break from Barcelona for a season. Please give us your thoughts and help us out.

Pretty well known track! What's the pros\cons for it?

IMO, I see no reason to remove it from the lineup.

The BoD needs everyone's help with the season 9 schedule. We are undecided whether or not to take a break from Barcelona for a season. Please give us your thoughts and help us out.

I'm usually an advocate for Barcelona as it's one of my favorites but, I'm good with a change of scenery.
What are you thinking?
A second Laguna race?
Kyoto? Willow Springs? Alsace?

I like Barca, but only have run it once (with disastrous results...that was my infamous tire-smoke race)...so I say it should stay!!!

Do we dare run Special Stage Route X? Haha...just kidding.

Recommendations from me....Fuji GT course (shortcut), nurb GP, Mount Panorama....there's no Silverstone in this GT unfortunately!!

Last edited:
I like Barca, but only have run it once (with disastrous results...that was my infamous tire-smoke race)...so I say it should stay!!!

Do we dare run Special Stage Route X? Haha...just kidding.

Recommendations from me....Fuji GT course (shortcut), nurb GP, Mount Panorama....there's no Silverstone in this GT unfortunately!!

Hmm, Mt. Panorama sounds pretty good.

Latest Posts

Back