GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Next up is the most controversial change for season 9......

Season 9 will incorporate a new ballast system for the Gr. 3 series. We hope this will help make the racing even more exciting on a weekly basis. Or...it could all just blow up in our faces.
  • Every car will be assigned a special BoP to start the season. Most are very close if not identical to GTSport's BoP
  • Depending on your race finish you will be given 1% to 3% weight (ballast) added to your car for the next race
  • Ballast is applied to the top 3 finishers in each division each race
  • 1st = 3%, 2nd = 2%, 3rd = 1%
  • Ballast will be accrued throughout the season to a maximum of 15%
  • Last place finishers in each division will receive -1% ballast (cannot go below 0%)
  • Ballast will be given through the first 6 races of the season
  • Race 7 will be 1/2 of the driver's total accrued ballast
  • Race 8 will be 0 ballast applied to all drivers

Season 9 will incorporate a new ballast system for the Gr. 3 series. We hope this will help make the racing even more exciting on a weekly basis. Or...it could all just blow up in our faces.
  • Every car will be assigned a special BoP to start the season. Most are very close if not identical to GTSport's BoP
  • Depending on your race finish you will be given 1% to 3% weight (ballast) added to your car for the next race
  • Last place finishers in each division will receive -1% ballast (cannot go below 0%)

Is this the SuperGT thread? J/k...

Ballast worked well in that league. Question though...what about late joiners. Are we not stressing their lack of ballast? Is there a penalty ballast for missed races so when rejoining you're not automatically faster than the bulk of the field? That was the one issue in SuperGT, late joiners scooped up all the points for a few rounds.

Last edited:

Ballast worked well in that league. Question though...what about late joiners. Are we not stressing their lack of ballast? Is there a penalty ballast for missed races so when rejoining you're not automatically faster than the bulk of the field? That was the one issue in SuperGT, late joiners scooped up all the points for a few rounds.

The thought behind late joiners is they will be missing out on championship points for the races they weren't there. It shouldn't affect the championship too negatively.

Late joiners moat likely wont be in a points battle.

In the new tire regulations we can double stint tires or if pitting for damage and don’t change tires that is only 1 set correct ?

Late joiners moat likely wont be in a points battle.

Initially, I agreed on that, but those lighter GT500s were able to get max points and really quickly were in the rankings, simply by not attending. Not fighting for the top spots, but up there.

HOWEVER, SuperGT has classes, therefore a lot more ballast was handed out...even my slow ass ended up lugging a horse trailer at one point with the points leader hauling a family of four, plus their vacation home.

Let's let it play out then!!

Last edited:

Yap controversial. I am against added BOP and trying to make something other than what GTS has done already. If I don't like a car, than I can look for another that works better and test it with the BOP the game gives it. I don't have to think about what some league is going to adjust it to. It's not easy to test that way. However, do as you like. Just not in favor of it.

Yap controversial. I am against added BOP and trying to make something other than what GTS has done already. If I don't like a car, than I can look for another that works better and test it with the BOP the game gives it. I don't have to think about what some league is going to adjust it to. It's not easy to test that way. However, do as you like. Just not in favor of it.

If it helps. We used gtsports bop settings to make it. Only differences are some cars did not allow for 15% with gtsports bop settings.

Their weight was lowered accordingly. If it was too strong of a weight reduction, 1% or the rare 2% hp reduction was made.

Quick suggestion, start everyone at the game issued BOP as every season is started, and apply the success ballast as suggested on top those game numbers. Unless your trying to achieve a certain hp/weight feel or ratio for a specific multi car or specialized car classification, its kind of not necessary to rebalance. If I wasn't trying to achieve a specific spec for each class in my Michelin series, I would have started at the game bop as a baseline and adjusted from there...takes the extensive work and the room for questioning out of the equation. Unfortunately for my series, custom bop was a necessary evil. Just my 2 cents.
:cheers:
Edit: Just saw your post above and that makes sense since the game bop conflicted with your bop adjustment intensions.

Last edited:
Quick suggestion, start everyone at the game issued BOP as every season is started, and apply the success ballast as suggested on top those game numbers. Unless your trying to achieve a certain hp/weight feel or ratio for a specific multi car or specialized car classification, its kind of not necessary to rebalance. If I wasn't trying to achieve a specific spec for each class in my Michelin series, I would have started at the game bop as a baseline and adjusted from there...takes the extensive work and the room for questioning out of the equation. Unfortunately for my series, custom bop was a necessary evil. Just my 2 cents.
:cheers:

The problem with that is gtsports starting bop does not allow for a maximum 15% ballast on some vehicles

As a ‘back runner’ i like the concept i’ll admit. pros and cons all around. Is everyone going to like the changes? Of course not. I say try it if its a complete flop never do it again. Usually what happens with change is you find some good things to keep going forward and trash the rest. For one im willing to dedicate 8x races for the thought that for temporary pain of 8x races (if its a flop) that we will almost guaranteed come out with some good ideas and likeable changes for all. For future events.

just one cdn’s opinion. :nervous:

Keep in mind GT500 class usually had only 4 to 5 drivers in it the whole season. It's easier to make up points from 5th than it is 10th or 11th.

Yeah, that's what I was kinda getting at in my follow up paragraph. With multiple classes, twice as many ballast penalties were being doled out...with GT500 being even smaller it became more noticeable when new drivers joined. Probably won't be as noticeable with a full grid of one class. I'm up for it though! As long as the racing's good in the end...well, that's all that matters.

As a ‘back runner’ i like the concept i’ll admit. pros and cons all around. Is everyone going to like the changes? Of course not. I say try it if its a complete flop never do it again. Usually what happens with change is you find some good things to keep going forward and trash the rest. For one im willing to dedicate 8x races for the thought that for temporary pain of 8x races (if its a flop) that we will almost guaranteed come out with some good ideas and likeable changes for all. For future events.

just one cdn’s opinion. :nervous:

Very much agree- I’m not a big fan of ballast but I’ve run in leagues where it made the racing better and I think it is more suited to large grids. So worth a go for 8 races and then we’ll see how it worked

A11DD6B1-D6C8-4097-B733-4018B595D3F3.jpeg

The BoD has decided with the current skill set of our drivers entering season 9 that Bronze division is no longer required.

So to all our Bronze drivers....Welcome to Silver Division!!
This be like me. :lol:

The BoD needs everyone's help with the season 9 schedule. We are undecided whether or not to take a break from Barcelona for a season. Please give us your thoughts and help us out.
Barcelona is fun. It's like an equalizer among the circuits, for its corners that range from low to high speeds.

Can we have the GP variant of Fuji Speedway instead? Suggesting for a friend.

Did you just hijack my dream last night...lol
I had thought of that in the next season while in a slumber of Gr.3 cars.

Last edited:

Noice! I mean I love change. Keeps **** from getting boring. You think my fat ass doesn't know how to throw weight around!? DIS GON BE GOOD!

Back