GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
The Maple Pain Train Racing Team would like to wish all the losers last season, a very Merry Christmas!

Also, my wife sure knows how to stuff a stocking.
PXL_20201225_184349081.jpg

Last edited:
Inside ARL

Inside ARL got a chance to discuss the "Silly Season" with Black Rifle Coffee Company driver Aeden Maddok.

ARL: That was quite the season you had. What was it like to lose the bronze cup championship to @racefan88 by a single point?

Aeden: Seriously, you've got to rub salt in that wound? Yeah it was rough. I figured I lost it when the "death chicane" bit me. After the BRCC team fixed the car, I hoped I could somehow use it to have a somewhat decent strategy. The second time the "death chicane" bit me, I lost hope and decided to just try to salvage as strong of a finish as I could. Apparently, I was putting in some good laps because I finished second in the Bronze division and 13th overall which isn't bad for a run with 2 crashes.

ARL: What do you think about the rule changes to the ARL Gr.3 Series?

Aeden: I'm looking forward to being in the ARL Gr.3 Series for another season. I think this series has some of the most competitive GT racing out there and I believe the rule changes are only going to improve the racing product for the fans. Specifically, adding ballast to the top finishers is going to make the field tighter packed as the season progresses which should really provide a great show. I'm not sure how I feel about merging the Bronze and Silver divisions; I don't really have strong feelings about it good or bad. I was informed by the Series Board that I would be getting moved up to the Silver division during the middle of the last season, so I don't feel like this change affects me too much. The new BoP changes will be interesting. We've been racing with BoP, but everyone knows there are some cars that are a bit overpowered and others that just can't quite match the pace. I hope the new BoP rules will help to get some more manufacturers interested into working out deals with the league's drivers and teams.

ARL: Will you be back with the Black Rifle Coffee Company Racing Team this season?

Aeden: Sadly, no I won't be returning to the BRCC team this season. I really was happy with the folks of BRCC, but it looks like they may be sitting this season out. As most of your readers probably know, the team principal, and my fellow driver, @Cornbread243 had a baby last season so he's been enjoying his time on paternity leave.

ARL: Will you be signing with another team this year or will you be racing by yourself?

Aeden: Yes, I've signed up with a new startup team. We're still ironing out the team name though.

ARL: Since you placed in the top 3 of your division, ARL rules require you to use a different car than you used the previous season. Have you worked out a deal with another manufacturer for the upcoming season yet?

Aeden: During the past couple of weeks I've been talking with different companies and testing out different models. It's been a lot of fun flying all over the world and I met a lot of great people. I'm very happy to announce that I'll be driving the #66 Mercedes-Benz AMG this season.

ARL: Will you ever consider signing with Porsche again in the future.

Aeden: Absolutely! I wouldn't rule out making deals with any manufacturer. I wasn't able to keep a competitive pace in the Mazda during season 7, so that relationship didn't exactly end well. But since then, I feel I've really improved as a driver and I think the new BoP rules might make that car more competitive. The folks at Porsche, BRCC, and I got along really well last season. They provided me with an excellent machine that was competitive week after week. Honestly, the car is pretty poor at top end, but it accelerated well and was very planted in almost every corner.

ARL: Do you have any predictions about the upcoming season?

Aeden: That's a difficult question. I think the first race is largely going to benefit the drivers who have a bit of history with their car. With the Porsche, I didn't start out that fast. It wasn't until I got a bit more time to get to know the car that I started seeing a noticeable improvement. I don't have a lot of experience with the Merc, so I expect this year will be similar for me.

Is there a list of drivers with their car #’s?
I’m trying to find a number to use....originally I had wanted to use 44 but I think team WAR has a car with that number already, and I’m new so I’ll use a number not already taken.
Anybody 4 or 14?

Same boat. I picked #93 but from looking at the pictures from last season that number appears to be spoken for so ill just pick a new number thats available.

I dont believe there is a list, traditionally cars have been able to run the same numbers (most of the league ran 23 when I joined :lol:) if they so choose, but if everyone wants to tag me with car numbers I can make a list for everyone's reference?

Feel free to respond as a team principle if you have all three of your cars numbers.

MPT runs #17, 18 and 19

It seems like a logical enough setup. Almost like a golf scorecard, heh.

Whoever did Season 8's calendar though, has my heart. I love that style. Concise one-pager with an awesome graphic. Errthing you need right up front.
Thank you! I actually did the season 8 calendar as a tryout which turned out to be really pleasant.

It's not the end yet, I'm still experimenting with several designs and layouts. I might probably make a longer sized one and ditch this seemingly table sized one.

Never done a proper calendar design before... So I'm always spoilt for choices. :lol:

Unless im reading schedules wrong, i dont see a race running tonight. If there is enough interest id like to run a full length mock for saturday night this evening. Im thinking 8-9 est time or whatever works best for those interested. Let me know here if a full length race is of interest

Unless im reading schedules wrong, i dont see a race running tonight. If there is enough interest id like to run a full length mock for saturday night this evening. Im thinking 8-9 est time or whatever works best for those interested. Let me know here if a full length race is of interest

I am up for this 9est would be great

Good chance id be ‘in’ 8 or 9 im good with either.

Back