Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

Downloading now. I had no idea it would be uploaded this early, which is great, though I know time zones are different across the world.

Very excited to try this out. Thank you very much @TheAdmiester!

Last edited:
Not 100% sure if it's caused by Spec II mod, but it does mention adjust aspect ratio of some menu icons so it could be:

Because both it and the HD HUD mod both try to adjust the aspect ratio, some icons end up being squished from sides

Screenshot_1.png

Not 100% sure if it's caused by Spec II mod, but it does mention adjust aspect ratio of some menu icons so it could be:

Because both it and the HD HUD mod both try to adjust the aspect ratio, some icons end up being squished from sides

View attachment 1390729
Technically caused by Spec II since I corrected the aspect ratio of the actual elements, but not something for me to fix as it's now fixed at the source. If the HD pack authors decide to make a Spec II-aware version then this would be fixed, otherwise I recommend playing without for now.

So far, very awesome.

Some things I did notice though:

1. I have not tested all models of the car, but the S2000 Type V 2003 (top down convertible mode) does not have the interior camera centered on the steering wheel. Instead it is zoomed in on the dash.

2. Of all the RB26DETT Nissan Skylines, the BCNR33 GT-R seems to have the most accurate stock (no exhaust) engine sound, while the BNR32 and BNR34 Skyline GT-R's sound a bit odd. Could the stock engine sound from the R33 be added to the other two Skylines?
However though, when a custom exhaust is installed it (only tried the R32 so far with one) sounds, well, amazing.

3. 480p does not stay enabled after a reboot.

Last edited:
Back