Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

Any possibility of adding the power multiplier to car setting? For those unaware, it may seem that this can only be used temporarily in Arcade mode, but there is a hidden address on the Retail version that can be modified to change it. I am not sure though if PD kept or removed it from the Beta version.

It is an 8-bit value address at 0x00A1F933 with a value of 0x64 (100). It is for the car currently selected in garage slot 1.

@TheAdmeister

When trying out the 1.06.1 update, I noticed there is now lag when changing pages in the garage. Am I the only one having this issue?

I have also spotted another issue; When you read the car information in the garage, the cursor stays in the same spot. While it it fine for most cars, it also works for cars that have no information. I read the information on one car, then backed out and went to the Ford Model T and the cursor was selected on the same spot, and when I pressed X it showed a blank pop-up window with no information.

Last edited:
The Mazda MX-5 (NC) '05 is still considered a special concept car and can't be entered into any events. Is this intentional or is supposed to be now treated as a normal car? Just wondering, would be nice if I could use it events :).

The Mazda MX-5 (NC) '05 is still considered a special concept car and can't be entered into any events. Is this intentional or is supposed to be now treated as a normal car? Just wondering, would be nice if I could use it events :).
It's intentional as it's not got a closed top/lower quality model.

Is there a way to disable the ghost car in Arcade>Time Trial>B-Spec Mode?

@TheAdmiester

I found another issue. If I reset the controls to default, the right analog stick acceleration/braking is lost and only the X button works. I changed the ghost car toggle to L2 and then used the reset to default option in the controls and that is how it happened.

Thankfully I had not saved afterwards so I can revert but I thought you should know. I am not sure if this issue is related to only this mod and/or the Retail and non-modified OPB versions.

Last edited:
I don't have any suggestions or improvements, I just wanted to give one piece of massively positive feedback that I have:

The onboard camera is transformative for slower cars. I don't know if it's the placement, or the FOV, or what, but it makes throwing say the C3 around Laguna Seca at 80mph in B-10 way faster feeling than the sedate trundle it comes off as using the base game cameras.

I don't have any suggestions or improvements, I just wanted to give one piece of massively positive feedback that I have:

The onboard camera is transformative for slower cars. I don't know if it's the placement, or the FOV, or what, but it makes throwing say the C3 around Laguna Seca at 80mph in B-10 way faster feeling than the sedate trundle it comes off as using the base game cameras.
I agree, not with this particular car, but with any slower cars. Especially when you adjust the FOV in the 'monitor' settings - I recommend you and anyone else to tweak the settings as it makes a big difference in sense of speed of all the cars.

Last edited:
Back