Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

Thanks, I thought dealer descriptions were some kind of description of the car like in the previous games, not the specs! Sorry for the confusion...

As for the restoring of the engine, you could implement it as a "create a new car in the garage of the same model and with the same parts bought and same settings setup, then delete the original car" like you do when changing colors (or so I read), I think that could be easier to implement than editing the save to bring back to 0 the engine life and mileage
I forgot about the non-English language part so what pez mentioned could by why you never spotted it. I would like to port the descriptions across for other languages but it's a bit of a big task that I want to figure out some proper automation to solve at some point.

Creating a copy of the car like the paint method is the backup idea I had in mind, yeah, I think if I struggle to do it the proper way that I was hoping to then I'll just do it that way instead. Only annoying part is that you'd lose any current wheels and wing just like repainting would.

I forgot about the non-English language part so what pez mentioned could by why you never spotted it. I would like to port the descriptions across for other languages but it's a bit of a big task that I want to figure out some proper automation to solve at some point.

Creating a copy of the car like the paint method is the backup idea I had in mind, yeah, I think if I struggle to do it the proper way that I was hoping to then I'll just do it that way instead. Only annoying part is that you'd lose any current wheels and wing just like repainting would.
I would say this is a good compromise.

Also, I made a cheat for GT4 retail that can remove the wing, though it only works while in races and requires a custom wing be installed. Is there any way to have a permanent wing removal in GT Auto if desired?

Question about the latest update:
With the track randomiser, is the Las Vegas Drag Strip included in the randomisation?
I know there is a way to code it on PC to load in place of another track to give a drag mode so was wondering if this was something similar?
Drag Mode In GT4

Last edited:
Question about the latest update:
With the track randomiser, is the Las Vegas Drag Strip included in the randomisation?
I know there is a way to code it on PC to load in place of another track to give a drag mode so was wondering if this was something similar?
Drag Mode In GT4
I considered it when I was making it, but ultimately decided against because the track shuffling is always the same based on your username - I thought it would kind of suck if someone kept getting it in place of proper races and/or if it somehow blocked progression.

Last edited:
I considered it when I was making it, but ultimately decided against because the track shuffling is always the same based on your username - I thought it would kind of suck if someone kept getting it in place of proper races and/or if it somehow blocked progression.
That make sense, though, would there be a way to implement a seperate option to load the drag track instead of any given track that you select? Like how you have an off /on switch for track randomiser? So that it won't limit the progression, yet say, you go into Tuner cup and turn it on, it will put you in a drag battle with a random AI.

That make sense, though, would there be a way to implement a seperate option to load the drag track instead of any given track that you select? Like how you have an off /on switch for track randomiser? So that it won't limit the progression, yet say, you go into Tuner cup and turn it on, it will put you in a drag battle with a random AI.
At that point I think it would be better to have something more like a dedicated drag race rather than having it in the event synth rotation. It's not on the cards right now but it's a possibility.

Could you at least show them in english when another language is selected? There are other untranslated texts (i.e. the Full Restore feature) so they wouldn't stand out too much

At some point in the future, do you think you could add a lap multiplier on the Event Synthesizer, TheAdmiester, if possible, please?

I dunno if it would be possible to increase the gains based on length so it's okay if you can't do it.

At some point in the future, do you think you could add a lap multiplier on the Event Synthesizer, TheAdmiester, if possible, please?

I dunno if it would be possible to increase the gains based on length so it's okay if you can't do it.
I've wanted to do this since the very first time I got Event Synth working but there's no native way to override the number of laps in a non-arcade event. I want to make it work eventually but it hasn't been figured out yet.

So if you get a non-pitlane track for a 24 hour race, it'll just be 24 hours of driving with no pit stops? 😬
Basically yeah, it's meant to be taken as a more silly feature for a bit of fun rather than anything overly serious. If you get a race that sucks then you can just turn it off and go right back in.

Back