Gran Turismo 5 arts & concepts (heavy edit)

• Thread starter Big Ron
  • 2,057 comments
^ Un-****ing-believable! That's as good as Ron's work! (Shame about the HUD though, without that it may have passed for a real photo)

I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment, does anyone have a Tire smoke tutorial, I've looked but all i can find are burnouts with stationary cars, Any help appreciated. Thanks!

5922812753_55b1d9ea26_b.jpg

Last edited:
🤬. Heaps of stunning pictures here. Can anyone give me a few little tutorials or show me some. I would love to be able to make some great pictures like you guys.

Here's my first attempt at editing a GT5 pic. I literally downloaded the PSE9 trial yesterday. Any tips would on how to make the ground look wet would be welcome. I could sort of get a reflection of the car but that's about it.

nissanxanazirain.gif

By ajroboberts at 2011-08-05

Those are nice! Great Work.

I'd like to know how to do the rain effect I've seen in a few images presented in this thread.

Last edited:
the rain effect itself is simple in photoshop:
New Layer
Filter-> Render->Clouds
Filter->Noise->Add Noise (Monochromatic and Uniform)
Filter->Blur->Motion Blur (about 120 degrees and between 10 - 50 %)
Layer Mode: Soft Light/Overlay (make sure this layer is always on top!)

but what mainly makes the rain images are the little details like the spray and the droplets etc, if you are new to photoshop then try getting Stock images of these sort of things or even easier, search for brushes on places like Deviantart

For Reflections:
Select The outside of the car using the lasso tool (Polygonal is easiest, magnetic can be a pain sometimes depending on the shades and colours and normal lasso if you have a really steady hand with a mouse or a Graphics Pad)

Copy and paste the selection of the car into a new layer, now flip the car vertically, now you need to press Ctrl+T Move the car so it looks like it has just been flipped and is connecting by the tyres

Now warp the car until you think it looks right and all the tyres are touching the original cars corresponding tyres.

Now use the soft eraser (recommended on a fairly big scale between 100px and 300px) to rub out most of the roof of the reflection.

Now set the layer of the reflection to either Soft Light or Overlay

For the rebounding rain drops around the car:
Create a new layer
use the hard circular brush (set to 1px and in white) now click the brush icon next to the colour and adjustments box, then click on Toggle The Brush Panel (Highlighted Below)

tut.jpg

Tick the box "Scattering" then click scattering, change the scatter percentage to 1000%
Now draw around the top of the car with this, you may notice it is a bit too bright, now either set the layer mode to overlay/soft light and play with the opacity or just play with the opacity so it looks grey and see through and like it blends in with the background

the rest you will pick up over time ;) but if you are struggling, brushes do help a lot and as long as you don't use the brushes for any financial gain or advertising you can use them as much as you like :)

I hope that helped a bit :D

EDIT: Oh i must remember to say this is for Photoshop CS5, i can not remember what the layouts of previous versions of Photoshop are like so sorry I can't help, but it shouldn't be too hard to find where all the bits and bobs are :D

Last edited:
Ahh yes forgot about the bigger raindrops in front >.< thank you G.T.Ace :D
The only real thing i'm stuck on is getting realistic looking snow, I have been trying for 3 months and can't find it like pk3r72owns & Eunos_Cosmo did, because they are just awesome :)

Latest Posts

Back