Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
That model may have originated/been ripped from GT4/5, or even supplied by PD themselves, but it's been rendered in a 3D modelling package. Notice the reflection of the spoiler in the body work and self reflection in the wing mirror. GT5 doesn't do that even in photomode.

Edit: actually is that a shadow and not a reflection? Hmm..

I don't see the evidence in that video of the models being any better than GT4. You can't tell at such low resolution, and I'm just saying it's quite probable. They look nice in the environment of GT5 (despite it's stupid blown out over-saturated HDR effects), but unlit, close-up, that Vertigo is roughly what I'm expecting. I hope I'm wrong.

You can be happy that you have seen standard-car gameplay before the release so stop asking for a damn photo.

Yes I am happy but RDK is taking requests and most of us (minus you apparently) want to see them it's not like I forced the guy.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what does the circled option do?

thisoptions.jpg

"Between Gillet and PD, there is not much, the guys came once (6 years ago) to photograph the car and take the catch of his engine.

When we communicate, it is always with Sony UK. They ask just the permissions (for damage, the use of the mark in GT PSP, etc.). Sometimes with Sony in Paris, too.
" - translated with google

http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhiSg2lOEuPjGPOdGlYN-M3988P2A

could the vertigo pics be true??

Last edited:
what standard car video are you talking about? I've never seen a gt5 video or trailer with that car
BTW the civic in tekken's video look way better that the audi in your pic, WAY better!

He was talking about this video, that was up on the Gran Tursimo site, I think around E3, but then it was pulled.

FTFY

And yes... that's kind of what speculation is and that's a lot of what GTP forums are about... would you have been complaining if it turned out the other way and evereything was better than we expected and people were cheering left and right? To be exact: Is it the examination and speculation that gets you, or the fact that the results turn out not to be positive?
GT5 could be twice the game it is and some would still be disappointed if their personal expectations where unrealistic.

I've played most sims on various platforms these past 20 years, from what I've seen GT5 is without question the most comprehensive and highly detailed driving simulation yet to hit any platform. A title like iRacing could claim to have an advantage in the area of physics but their content is severly lacking.

From the moment Bugatti were rumoured not to be in GT5 it's been one crisis after another. Today we see some of the most spectacular screenshots ever generated by a videogame and a miscommunication sends the thread off into a tangent about standard cars not being available in photomode. The logical response would be to take a step back and get clarification on the situation, the same goes for all manner of features.

The fact so many of these videos are taken not only in arcade mode but from chase cam immediatly raises suspicions these users aren't on the lookout for the kind of sim details someone like myself would.

My hopes for GT5 were day/night transitions and weather effects at Le Mans and the Nordschleife plus massively improved sounds, on those fronts I'm more than happy.

I'm looking forward to playing the game, waiting to see what DLC plans lie ahead and longer term GT6.

Last edited:
GT5 could be twice the game it is and some will still be disappointed if their personal expectations are unrealistic.

I've played most sims on various platforms these past 20 years, from what I've seen GT5 is without question the most comprehensive and highly detailed driving simulation yet to hit any platform. A title like iRacing could claim to have an advantage in the area of physics but their content is severly lacking.

From the moment Bugatti were rumoured not to be in GT5 it's been one crisis after another. Today we see some of the most spectacular screenshots ever generated by a videogame and a miscommunication sends the thread off into a tangent about standard cars niot being available in photomode. The logical response would be to take a step back and get the clarification on the situation, the same goes for all manner of features.

The fact so many of these videos are taken not only in arcade mode but from chase cam immediatly raises suspicions these users aren't on the lookout for the kind of sim details someone like myself would.

My hopes for GT5 were day/night transitions and weather effects at Le Mans and the Nordschleife plus massively improved sounds, on those fronts I'm more than happy.

I'm looking forward to playing the game, waiting to see what DLC plans lie ahead and longer term GT6.

👍 That is just correct sir well said.

GT5 could be twice the game it is and some would still be disappointed if their personal expectations where unrealistic.

From the moment Bugatti were rumoured not to be in GT5 it's been one crisis after another. Today we see some of the most spectacular screenshots ever generated by a videogame and a miscommunication sends the thread off into a tangent about standard cars niot being available in photomode. The logical response would be to take a step back and get the clarification on the situation, the same goes for all manner of features.

Great post. Everyone should read it.

From the moment Bugatti were rumoured not to be in GT5 it's been one crisis after another. Today we see some of the most spectacular screenshots ever generated by a videogame and a miscommunication sends the thread off into a tangent about standard cars not being available in photomode. The logical response would be to take a step back and get clarification on the situation, the same goes for all manner of features.

Post of the day 👍

Am I the only one who noticed that there isn't any G27 wheel support for the option menu? As well as not being able to transfer gran turismo prolouge cars to GT5...

Am I the only one who noticed that there isn't any G27 wheel support for the option menu?

Just because its not in the options menu doesnt mean it wont work with GT5. The option isnt there in prologue for my G25 but it works perfectly in prologue.

I enjoy all the news that comes from this thread but there are a lot of people that need to just chill out. Jumping to the most rash of conclusions based on something posted by someone who doesn't speak English natively... You should be appreciative of what everyone posts because if not for them you and I would have nothing but a release date, car and track list.

Don't criticize other peoples driving or what they are doing with the game and just think how excited (or utterly devastated based on some of your reactions) you will be when you finally get the game in your PS3 and get to have a go. Only 10 days now!

They are not reinventing the wheel here and it is going to be the best GT yet just based on added features.

Has anyone requested a video showing the list of songs in the game? I would love to see that to see what other artists I might be able to discover thanks to GT.

I enjoy all the news that comes from this thread but there are a lot of people that need to just chill out. Jumping to the most rash of conclusions based on something posted by someone who doesn't speak English natively... You should be appreciative of what everyone posts because if not for them you and I would have nothing but a release date, car and track list.

Don't criticize other peoples driving or what they are doing with the game and just think how excited (or utterly devastated based on some of your reactions) you will be when you finally get the game in your PS3 and get to have a go.

They are not reinventing the wheel here and it is going to be the best GT yet.

Has anyone requested a video showing the list of songs in the game? I would love to see that to see what other artists I might be able to discover thanks to GT.

I totally agree. I wont be watching any more videos though. I want to see the rest for myself. The only thing I would like to see is a high quality picture of a standard car close up.

Back