[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
ya_rly.jpg
no_wai.jpg

Sorry, I had to. It's cluttering the discussion, but we aren't getting anywhere again (still waiting for those new videos/interviews).

About those scratches... Over at NeoGaf, Che, the community manager of Turn10, reports that he has played the demo at TGS and there's some texture damage on the cars. No deformation or anything.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17735370&postcount=11211

You heard it right, the PR guy ofter the competitor's team is now the best source on this matter :boggled:

I find it funny that its only him reporting this. I'll believe it when I see it.

About those scratches... Over at NeoGaf, Che, the community manager of Turn10, reports that he has played the demo at TGS and there's some texture damage on the cars. No deformation or anything.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17735370&postcount=11211

You heard it right, the PR guy ofter the competitor's team is now the best source on this matter :boggled:

So it looks like 3-D damage on racecars, scratches on roadcars

And you are right, why are we not hearing this out of PD's mouth? We get this information from their rivals?

Is no one else worried about only 10 cars being on display for races? Not played prologue in over a year and my memory is not the best however I recall 16 cars being on track at any one time.

V interesting. Dirt and scuff marks are quite a welcome addition to me, if this is true.

Agreed. Making the car scruffier over time can appear more realistic than some artificial damage.

It only bothers me that the competition is willing to give more info than PD & Sony are. PD themselves have no community manager but Sony has several very well paid producers employed in the west for GT. You see them sometimes on the PS blogs but they never give real info or answer any questions in any meaningful way. It's frustrating.

It looks like most of the features (if not all) from the feature list posted in the japanese website is in the first post, but just for the sake of an accurate translation:

To make it more organized
Cars:
More than 950

Courses:
More than 20 locations
More than 70 variations

Physics simulation:
New automobile physics simulation
Vehicle rollover \o/ =D
Damage
Course has movable objects
Something about hybrid cars*

Arcade Mode:
Single race
Split Screen*

GT Mode:
Map
Garage
Car Dealers
Tuning Shop
Race Championship
License Tests

Online Features:
Lobby
Text and voice chat
Private Lobby
Online photo album
Online replay album
Export video replay to Youtube*

Photo Mode:
Photo drive
Photo stage

Gran Turismo TV:
New user interface
Export movie to PSP*
Progressive download

Anything with an asterisk I can't confirm and is not very accurate. All the rest is exactly how it's written on the website and I'm sure it's right.

These 20 locations, 70 variations are bugging me...

And what the hell happened with the head tracking? I hope it's not dropped...

Why didn't PD show any of the features instead of just going through a list. I was expecting at least a trailer or a seperate presentation on GT5 about the features he mentioned. It seems like Sony doesn't really care too much for GT5 although its the biggest game sony have.

Is no one else worried about only 10 cars being on display for races? Not played prologue in over a year and my memory is not the best however I recall 16 cars being on track at any one time.

I'm hoping they reduced it to 10 just to make sure the demo keeps a rock solid framerate.

Perhaps with some more tweaking they can get 16 cars on track with a solid 60fps.

But in the end the demo may be months old. Like everything else Kaz told us yesterday

Has the front page been updated with anything news worthy? Already know about the Lambo, SLS and 458 (whatever it is) ingame footage, active pit crew, fantastic features that we knew about already, and the botched release date. Or, is there a good reason to comb through 10 more pages?

Has the front page been updated with anything news worthy? Already know about the Lambo, SLS and 458 (whatever it is) ingame footage, active pit crew, fantastic features that we knew about already, and the botched release date. Or, is there a good reason to comb through 10 more pages?

Nothing so far, minus vehicular roll over. I've combed every page. Just speculations and the like. We're awaiting interviews. Those will be added when they arrive. And from those should come more information and confirmations.

Nothing so far, minus vehicular roll over. I've combed every page. Just speculations and the like. We're awaiting interviews. Those will be added when they arrive. And from those should come more information and confirmations.

Confirmations? The way I know KY, with interviews, only more questions will appear. This is like the Metal Gear story, no matter how hard Kojima tries to tie all the loose ends of the story, there's always something that doesn't make sense and questions arise.

what about accidents in the pitlane?!

prays for an collision->rollover->explosion. tyres flying...

oh wait. that's final destination 4.

Last edited:
Back