[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
I am still waiting for Kaz to have a walk-through of some of the videos we've seen. Damage has been speculated on production cars, but I would expect him to confirm/deny this at TGS. So many things from the videos alone at TGS can answer a lot of questions. Any other Lamborghini models? Other manufacturers? Full damage? Damage on production cars? New cock-pit view?

I can go on and on from the videos alone. Then there's all the stuff we've been wondering about: Livery editor, new tracks, weather, etc, etc. TGS still feels incomplete, and rightly so. I just sense something is left in these next 3 days.

One thing I don't understand, if we have rollover, then surely we must be able to damage all cars? I'd hate to see a Ford GT roll and look exactly the same as it did before it flipped!
If we indeed have rollover, I think it will propably be limited to race cars only (WRC, NASCAR, etc.).

London and Eiger regularly had 10 car races, i guess its a city-course thing, because the circuits (suzuka fuji daytona HSR) held up to 16.
It's propably a wise decision, from both game performance and gameplay standpoint. You have to remember that most of the city tracks are very narrow and don't have many (if any) run-off areas. Now imagine an accident involving several cars; Citta di Aria could get pretty clogged up with 16 opponents! :crazy:

HAHA! That's embarrassing.

BTW, IM A JUNIOR MEMBER NOW!! WOooooOOooTT... How'd that happen 💡 o ya, I posted a billion messages in 18 hours.

Would you all just stop busting jakecourtneys balls? You all just need to lighten up. All he did was come on here looking to discuss GT5. Yes he is more of a Forza fan than he is a GT5 fan, but who cares? He still enjoys GT5 and, I would assume, other racing games. Even the most die hard GT fan has to admit that Forza 3 is going to be a good game. I myself am about to buy a 360 just to play Forza 3 and the new splinter cell game coming next spring. Seriously, whats wrong with playing, and enjoying, games besides GT5? No. He wasnt trolling before. He was only trying to discuss the game we all love and with the people who love it the most. Who knows, he could have eventually jumped the fence and converted to being a GT fanboy. But now that probably won't happen because you all just drove him into the ground and drove him away from these forums. Nice going guys...

If we indeed have rollover, I think it will propably be limited to race cars only (WRC, NASCAR, etc.).

Exactly. This is a great question for him to clarify. Kaz spoke for 40 minutes or so on day one. I have a hard time believing that he's said all he can say until March. He will use this spotlight wisely.

We do have rollover, it's in the feature list. Which cars will have it is still a mystery though. However, unlike damage it's easy to be implemented on all cars.

Would you all just stop busting jakecourtneys balls? You all just need to lighten up. All he did was come on here looking to discuss GT5. Yes he is more of a Forza fan than he is a GT5 fan, but who cares? He still enjoys GT5 and, I would assume, other racing games. Even the most die hard GT fan has to admit that Forza 3 is going to be a good game. I myself am about to buy a 360 just to play Forza 3 and the new splinter cell game coming next spring. Seriously, whats wrong with playing, and enjoying, games besides GT5? No. He wasnt trolling before. He was only trying to discuss the game we all love and with the people who love it the most. Who knows, he could have eventually jumped the fence and converted to being a GT fanboy. But now that probably won't happen because you all just drove him into the ground and drove him away from these forums. Nice going guys...

👍-I like honesty. :)

tlongman you got a soft heart dude, but i think you missed his change of tune last night as he went from a soft spoken forza fan and gt supporter to awalking brochure\ad campaign for 360 and fm3.

Oh well, looks like I'm just going to get GTmobile... I don't care about transferring cars or money onto GT5. I just want to drive. I'll wait for however long it takes for them to do it correctly. I remember being soooo hyped up for Forza 2 and it was a complete and utter disappointment. I want PD and Kaz to take their time to get it 120%.

Kaz is being so tight lipped about GT5 because he's got a gag order from Sony. There's no way Kaz is this bad with PR. Even with GT5P he sat down with reporters and gave an overview of the game months before it was released.

They don't want the attention taken off of GT PSP

Everyone who buys GT PSP = pawn

Can someone confirm this, will all vehicles have damage and rollover, or was it just said that rollover and damage will be implemented

Can someone confirm this, will all vehicles have damage and rollover, or was it just said that rollover and damage will be implemented

It is only in the feature list and there's no mention about premium/standard models:

Physics simulation:
New automobile physics simulation
Vehicle rollover
Damage
Course has movable objects

It is only in the feature list and there's no mention about premium/standard models:

Physics simulation:
New automobile physics simulation
Vehicle rollover
Damage
Course has movable objects

Yea, and GamesCom confirmed most of that. Roll over and Lamborghini is probably the best new of TGS...so far (?)

Ahh sweet didnt notice it at first..

Least that means the physics model should have taken atleast a slight overhaul to include the roll over physics

LOL Very definitive . 👎 And it also shows the Back ground, is really a 2d pano...sad.. shame on you turn 10.

LOL March . 👎 ...sad... shame on you pd.

Can you now stop bashing Forza? In a thread where Forza isn't supposed to take any place? :rolleyes:

Wait... is it...?

troll-o-meter-3.jpg

Yes it is!

In all fairness, this an early demo, bugs are expected.

Che confirmed that the demo is from the final build of the game. Even though, I had no problems with the demo on my end.

Che confirmed that the demo is from the final build of the game. Even though, I had no problems with the demo on my end.
Yikes!

I'm wondering now if we're going to get any clarification from Kaz on damage on all/some cars, especially if trying to apply it on all cars (semi)equally is part of the delay. If it's a target, we might get a vague answer on that.

Grazia..

Don't think anyone really expected rollover to be fair to Kaz

Correct. I was only referring to damage because that was the question at hand.

Roll-over seems to be the only thing that PD has handed to us as a fact, minus the release month. The rest we've had to find and search on our own. Seems...awkward at best.

Also, with damage and roll over being confirmed, we may find that CAR DEBRIS is moveable. That would be fun and that's considered objects moveable on track.

We still have to see what tonite and the rest bring, and since we have a release date, maybe we can look forward to a trickle of information at least

Back