[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Well, these videos have been really insightful, though we've had to confirm most things on our own. Moveable objects now has caught my eye. This can lead to many new doors for Gran Turismo and more heartbreaks for the guy that runs over a door.:sly:

Well, these videos have been really insightful, though we've had to confirm most things on our own. Moveable objects now has caught my eye. This can lead to many new doors for Gran Turismo and more heartbreaks for the guy that runs over a door.:sly:

Or the horse that runs onto the track from it's field at Eiger :crazy:

anyone else think its time that we as thr GTP community take up a "send a GTP reporter to XXX gameshow" instead of relying on some halo fanboy to ask Kaz questions. I'll pledge $5.

b

When is the next Sony press conference? I´ve read here that yesterday it was Sony JP conference and today there will be a Sony US one? or ist that bullcrap?

Guys, check out the collision physics in this vid (already posted):

http://www.gamereactor.de/grtv/?id=5688

When he hits the F430 near the end of the lap it pushes him into the wall. Also when he hits the Gallardo it wipes out. Interesing. =D

thanks for this not seen it..

it looks great, the collison physics are so much improved from prologue, go hit a car in prologue like that, it wont budge its on rails, even a little thing like this goes a long way

LOL March . 👎 ...sad... shame on you pd.

Can you now stop bashing Forza? In a thread where Forza isn't supposed to take any place? :rolleyes:

Wait... is it...?

troll-o-meter-3.jpg

Yes it is!
I was just saying that for jakecortney.

i mean seriously.. he lied about having the PS3 slim in the closet.
By saying i have placed my order for a slim, from the dell website.
and then last night he turned into a microsoft spokesman.

i mean come on.

But i digress, I'm done with accusing people. i will not add nonsense to this thread any more, i apologies.

Last edited:
Conquerer, is that you from Gamefaqs?

Indeed.

Hmm haven´t seen something interesting? there is no damage

That's not what I was saying. He pushes the F430 straight off to the left and into the wall from one simple bump, and the Gallardo spins out when it's bumped. Stuff like that never happened in Prologue or GT4. The collision physics (how cars reacted when hit) appear to be vastly improved. I noticed more of this from GamesCom. It's a shame people are too angry at the release date to realize how good this game is shaping up.

Edit: And I just noticed now the same happens to the SLR just before the F430. Every car he hits loses control. Collision physics are looking solid.

Would you all just stop busting jakecourtneys balls? You all just need to lighten up. All he did was come on here looking to discuss GT5. Yes he is more of a Forza fan than he is a GT5 fan, but who cares? He still enjoys GT5 and, I would assume, other racing games. Even the most die hard GT fan has to admit that Forza 3 is going to be a good game. I myself am about to buy a 360 just to play Forza 3 and the new splinter cell game coming next spring. Seriously, whats wrong with playing, and enjoying, games besides GT5? No. He wasnt trolling before. He was only trying to discuss the game we all love and with the people who love it the most. Who knows, he could have eventually jumped the fence and converted to being a GT fanboy. But now that probably won't happen because you all just drove him into the ground and drove him away from these forums. Nice going guys...

:lol::lol:

seriously jakey boy is the biggest forza troll to ever grace gt planet. Good riddance!! He turned trolling into art though. For that i salute him.

vlcsnap120920.jpg

This is a pic that shows, IMO, the paddle shift animations are a lil too dramatic. You shouldn't need to let go of the wheel to reach the paddles. I've never driven a ferrari but I think you should be able to reach them while holding onto the wheel. Anyone agree?

:lol: Yea I wonder how they could have gotten the shifting in the Ferrari wrong, it looks weird. And sometimes, there seems to be some sort of glow around the car (also in GT5P).

I dont know how the paddles are made in the F458.
Because the distance to the wheel should be accurate.

The shift animations in the SLS also looked pretty good.

Btw. animations are usually one of the last things that get polished (especially in racing games) and if the game is coming out in 2010, theres still a lot of time left for this stuff.

pic

This is a pic that shows, IMO, the paddle shift animations are a lil too dramatic. You shouldn't need to let go of the wheel to reach the paddles. I've never driven a ferrari but I think you should be able to reach them while holding onto the wheel. Anyone agree?

I completely disagree. In fact, if you watch the SLS AMG video, you can clearly see that the driver keeps his hands at the wheel when shifting. Why? Because the paddles move along with the wheel and are a lot closer. However, in the ferrari they are stationary and far from the wheel. If you're turning it, you can't reach the paddles unless you twist your hands in a weird and uncomfortable way.

PD really nailed the shifting animations this time around. I'm really astonished because it means a different animation for nearly every car.

I completely disagree. In fact, if you watch the SLS AMG video, you can clearly see that the driver keeps his hands at the wheel when shifting. Why? Because the paddles move along with the wheel and are a lot closer. However, in the ferrari they are stationary and far from the wheel. If you're turning it, you can't reach the paddles unless you twist your hands in a weird and uncomfortable way.

PD really nailed the shifting animations this time around. I'm really astonished because it means a different animation for nearly every car.

ok thanks for clearing that up

Sony might appear again at the same time they appeared yesterday, and so forth till TGS is over.

Current Tokyo, Japan time: 10:10AM.

They may appear in 20 minutes or in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Again, if they follow yesterday's schedule.

novitec430_race_07.jpg

based on this picture, if you keep your hands at 9 & 3 you can turn the wheel a fair amount and still easily reach the paddles with your hands on the wheel. this issue is really hardly an issue but it was something I noticed. The point of paddles is to be able to keep your hands on the wheel.

The more I look at it the stranger it is to me. why are they so long going up but there is no length going down?

In all fairness, this an early demo, bugs are expected.
The game comes out in a month...

I am sick of all this damage talk, after everything, I still see no meaning to it being in GT5, it doesn't make the racing more realistic and it likely won't do anything save for add some cosmetic damage so people who bitched incessantly to have it in can wank off to their TV screens.

My greatest hope is that PD scrap the damage and use the next couple of months to finish up the game and get it out, they can add the full damage later in an update, but delaying the game because of something stupid is just stupid.

And people, stop nitpicking at every little thing, at this rate, Kaz will try to please everyone and the game will never come out. How many us have actually driven a ferrari with paddle shifters outside of our dreams? You'd think the guy who owns like 5 of them with 20 years of experience making racing games would know better than a bunch of internet users who think they know ferrari cuz they drooled on over 50 pics of pics of said cars.

Yahtze said it best: "Fans are whining complaining dip****s [who usually know jack **** about what they're talking about] and you'll be better off if you just ignore them" or something to that extent. Pointing out some major flaws is fine, but nitpicking is just annoying. So everyone stop spazzing out on OCD-inducing meds and go do something else while GT5 is polished to heavens beyond.

Last edited:
pic

based on this picture, if you keep your hands at 9 & 3 you can turn the wheel a fair amount and still easily reach the paddles with your hands on the wheel. this issue is really hardly an issue but it was something I noticed. The point of paddles is to be able to keep your hands on the wheel.

The more I look at it the stranger it is to me. why are they so long going up but there is no length going down?

If you want to know what I think: you should be complaining with ferrari, not PD. How hard it is to put the paddles in the wheel itself like in the SLS AMG?

Last edited:
The game comes out in a month...

I am sick of all this damage talk, after everything, I still see no meaning to it being in GT5, it doesn't make the racing more realistic and it likely won't do anything save for add some cosmetic damage so people who bitched incessantly to have it in can wank off to their TV screens.

My greatest hope is that PD scrap the damage and use the next couple of months to finish up the game and get it out, they can add the full damage later in an update, but delaying the game because of something stupid is just stupid.

And people, stop nitpicking at every little thing, at this rate, Kaz will try to please everyone and the game will never come out. How many us have actually driven a ferrari with paddle shifters outside of our dreams? You'd think the guy who owns like 5 of them with 20 years of experience making racing games would know better than a bunch of internet users who think they know ferrari cuz they drooled on over 50 pics of pics of said cars.

Yahtze said it best: "Fans are whining complaining dip****s [who usually know jack **** about what they're talking about] and you'll be better off if you just ignore them" or something to that extent. Pointing out some major flaws is fine, but nitpicking is just annoying. So everyone stop spazzing out on OCD-inducing meds and go do something else while GT5 is polished to heavens beyond.

You know, just because you think something is stupid, doesn't mean it is :)

Damage will in fact make the racing a lot more realistic. You answered it yourself: "Fans are whining complaining dip****s [who usually know jack **** about what they're talking about] and you'll be better off if you just ignore them". Do you think Kaz is bothering with damage because of whiners? Of course not lol. Damage is a fundamental part of racing, and as you said yourself: "...the guy [...] with 20 years of experience making racing games would know better than a bunch of internet users..." and that's why he's including it in the game. He's no newcomer to racing. He knows what should be in the game and what he shouldn't bother with.

It is of my understanding that many people are so eager to play the game (like you) that they don't care anymore if it's done the right way or not. I'm glad PD and Kaz are not listening to these "release date" whiners and are putting all the effort they can into releasing an epic game.

You know, just because you think something is stupid, doesn't mean it is :)

Damage will in fact make the racing a lot more realistic. You answered it yourself: "Fans are whining complaining dip****s [who usually know jack **** about what they're talking about] and you'll be better off if you just ignore them". Do you think Kaz is bothering with damage because of whiners? Of course not lol. Damage is a fundamental part of racing, and as you said yourself: "...the guy [...] with 20 years of experience making racing games would know better than a bunch of internet users..." and that's why he's including it in the game. He's no newcomer to racing. He knows what should be in the game and what he shouldn't bother with.

It is of my understanding that many people are so eager to play the game (like you) that they don't care anymore if it's done the right way or not. I'm glad PD and Kaz are not listening to these "release date" whiners and are putting all the effort they can into releasing an epic game.
My car's fenders just came off after running into a wall at 200mph, REALISTIC!

My car's fenders just came off after running into a wall at 200mph, REALISTIC!

Yeah the damage they've shown at gamescon is far from realistic. However, any damage is more realistic than no damage. And it's not only cosmetic if that's what you're thinking.

Also, we don't know if that's the final damage. It's wishful thinking to consider it will get a lot better, but some improvement is likely.

Back