[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
It's always been that way on GT. I don't know for sure that it'll be the same but I'd be super uber surprised if they've changed it, especially with the crew standing there now.

Preview from gamespot. Not much there but,

On Saturday, September 26 (in Japan) GameSpot will be heading to Polyphony Digital to check out more of GT 5 and talk with series creator Kazunori Yamauchi. If you've got a question or two about the game, put it in the comments below and, who knows, we just might be able to get it answered on your behalf.

So we'll hopefuly be see a decent previews, with feature details, in a few weeks.

I still say that the stuff on the SLS is just a reflection! :P

But hey, I'd like to be proven wrong! :embarrassed:

I agree, I think this is probably just a reflection, but it would be great if its damage. One thing I don't understand, if we have rollover, then surely we must be able to damage all cars? I'd hate to see a Ford GT roll and look exactly the same as it did before it flipped!

i hate that PD is saying that game includes 950 cars while probably only half of them or so are unique

How do you know its not 950 unique cars? Don't make assumptions, thats what led everyone to hype up TGS'09, including me...

Is no one else worried about only 10 cars being on display for races? Not played prologue in over a year and my memory is not the best however I recall 16 cars being on track at any one time.

Not really, if they have to loose six cars to improve the game play, then I'm not really to worried... rather have a smoother gaming experience.

Nothing so far, minus vehicular roll over. I've combed every page. Just speculations and the like. We're awaiting interviews. Those will be added when they arrive. And from those should come more information and confirmations.

I'd just like to say thanks for keeping this thread upto date, great job buddy! 👍

I just can't believe we're being screwed over by a casual game meant for the bus ride home. GT5 is a marathon-of-a-game. And I'm sure the PSP GO would survive without GT Mobile or even a year or two delay.

I just can't believe we're being screwed over by a casual game meant for the bus ride home. GT5 is a marathon-of-a-game. And I'm sure the PSP GO would survive without GT Mobile or even a year or two delay.

Theres PSP fans like theres PS3 fans, how would you feel if PD decided PS3 could do without Gran Turismo?

Theres PSP fans like theres PS3 fans, how would you feel if PD decided PS3 could do without Gran Turismo?

Initially, I would feel shocked. If PD decided that was true, I'd question their tactics. Remember, they've made 4 highly successful games, not even including GT5:Prologue. These titles are some of the highest grossing games in history.

Now, I know for a fact your post was out of reaction and you probably didn't even mean to ask me that question. Because after all, a GT game for the PSP would be scrapped light years before a game for the PS3.

You can be sure they were pressured by sony to make the PSP version (like sony did with GOW and many others). PD would probably just skip the handheld. Not good for PSP fans, yeah.

i hate that PD is saying that game includes 950 cars while probably only half of them or so are unique
Somewhere around 600 of the 720 or so GT4 cars were unique. Don't fib, it hurts your point.

And forcing Kazunori to go ahead with the GTPSP release first was definitely a SONY decision. A bad one, but... oh well.

I also want to give SrRd a shout out for the great job keeping this thread maintained. 👍

my guess the release of GT:PSP was just to breakeven the sales from forza 3 and xbox360. the earlier you release the game. you have the upperhand in the market. and thus leading to more profits. more profits will lead to more interest in the bank. lol

forza will be released 22 days after GT:PSP. so my guess is within this 22-23 days timeframe, Sony and GT:PSP will try to sell their products as much as possible.

and who wouldnt want a PSP where you can bring it around easily. unless Microsoft releases another portable console (XboxP?!). i doubt Sony has anything to worry about.

and who wouldnt want a PSP where you can bring it around easily. unless Microsoft releases another portable console (XboxP?!). i doubt Sony has anything to worry about.

i wouldnt. why spend more money to play a dumbed down gt4 with a 3 inch screen.

b

-Full damage on all cars (Tick)
-Rollover on all cars (Tick)
-All car models of the same quality (Tick)
-Tyre marks
-Aero upgrades: front splitters, front canards, rear diffusers and rear wings
-Ability to save multiplayer replays (Tick)
-Ability to paint any car in any colour I want

Well my tick list is going well!:) This is better news from PD! As I said I would wait if I got confirmation of my 7 wanted things. Way to go PD! This is more like it! I don't mind waiting, as I already said, as long as it's worth the wait.👍

Last edited:
To those who are complaining about the 10 car grids, GT5P had many grids in the lower classes C,B that were 8, 10, and 12 car races. I think people are reading into this 10 car grid too much, firstly its the same track as what we have seen from GamesCon plus here's some screenshots from the Mercedes Video that shows at least 13 cars at Daytona:

London and Eiger regularly had 10 car races, i guess its a city-course thing, because the circuits (suzuka fuji daytona HSR) held up to 16.

LOL Very definitive . 👎 And it also shows the Back ground, is really a 2d pano...sad.. shame on you turn 10.

I have seen no evidence of full damage on all cars. I don't know why Cobra posted that. Perhaps that's his own personal interpretation of few a grainy videos and pictures.

Nonetheless, there is some interesting speculation regarding some pics, and one TGS video showed a guy saying "Ferrari Damage".

This was in the in game video. Is there going to be two versions of in car camera one with racesuit and gloves and one with regular clothes and no gloves? So if we are driving road cars no need for helmet or is this just for photo mode?

Texture on the hand looks pretty real.

picture.php

-Full damage on all cars (Tick)-Rollover on all cars (Tick)-All car models of the same quality (Tick)
-Tyre marks
-Aero upgrades: front splitters, front canards, rear diffusers and rear wings
-Ability to save multiplayer replays (Tick)
-Ability to paint any car in any colour I want

Well my tick list is going well!:) This is better news from PD! As I said I would wait if I got confirmation of my 7 wanted things. Way to go PD! This is more like it! I don't mind waiting, as I already said, as long as it's worth the wait.👍

Full damage on all cars? Did I miss something?

Back