[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Well, don't you think it just takes the proverbial that the very next day he moans about GT5? How hypocritical is that, and by the way, he's Kinetic's friend, the other guy that was also giving me abuse...

Just one last thing as you continue to take this off topic, i have never abused you or any other member on this forum, and if you believe you have been 'abused' then i really feel for you the day it actually happens.

I have no 'friends' on this website as far as i'm aware of and i know no one on this site personally or outside of this website.

If someone feels the same as me or can tell what your doing like i can then thats there perrogative to pull you up on it, i've never told anyone to post anything or tried to influence anyone to say anything towards you, everything everyone has said is there views.

easy M8 no need to make a vendetta here ;)

Correction, the vendetta happend yesterday. It's all on these very pages if you actually were honest with yourself you'd admit it was out of order. I'm just saying some facts. But anyway, I'm done with that, I've said my piece.

At least I can watch this thread while waiting for GT5.

It's like a text based reality show or something
And the way some folk are carrying on, it looks like there will be a load of evictions.

I am starting to think that it's maybe time for KY to move on. I think PD need to realise that they are no longer making pet projects in their bedrooms. Maybe GT has outgrown KY. They have some serious competition these days and unless they wise up they are going to get left way behind. The development time is too long and unless the game is a big step ahead of FM3, PD are going to have egg all over their faces.

...PD are going to have egg all over their faces.

Come on, you have to be honest, that's happened already...

But I still think PD have at least one great GT left in them. Maybe I'm wrong but somehow I just can't give up on hoping that PD will deliver the GT5 we all hope to play, and not this masquerade.

Well then as an avid GT fan all I can say is this is what I sort of expected and i for one am glad. Looking at the recent builds of gran turismo compared to some of the videos we have seen for eg E3 trailer and the italia video it was obvious that PD where quite away of from getting to a releasable build. I for one am glad thay are giving a more reasonable release date, it give me more confidence that the GT im gonna buy is the GT I want it to be. Lets be all honest guys we are dissapointed its not coming out sooner but I fear the game we would have got is prologue with more cars.

Lets be positive:
More reasonable release date.
Holly crap we have a release date.
6 months lol is not that long away.
Sony/PD are now to a point they can be more open with information about the game.

After being informed about what is actually going on in GT5 I can fully understand the longer time, and to be frank, it doesn't really upset me.

A friend recently informed me that every one of the 1000+ cars have been completely re-modeled with individual panels, to reduce the turn over time of future games. It also allows for a higher crash physics model.

3 months longer is not a huge ask, and people thinking that its the end of the world really need to get a grip. People seem to forget that KY is not entirely responsible for the turnover of GT. The 100+ staff at PD are working like Trojans to deliver this game, and the enormity of the program means that it will take time.

As for the poster above saying that KY should step down as its not longer a Pet Project. Just remember that this "pet project" has been one of the biggest selling game titles of all time. I think the team know exactly what they are doing and they aren't going to listen to a outraged teenager who's more worried about next years Fifa. What PD deliver is almost a niche market, that no other racing company can provide.

Firstly let me say i've been a fan ot the GT series since day one. Sure I would love PD to release alot of information at E3 about GT5, but to be honest i personally would be happy with a release date. All the rest eg car list, tracks, weather, damage, screen shots, video etc would be a bonus. As a fan i've got used to waiting. I'm sure when GT5 finally comes around i'll be happy with it.

And now for a reallity check.
My wife has been in hospital for the last two weeks, her condition, MS means that this will be an occurance for the rest of our lives unless a cure is found. All going well she is due to come out on Friday .
The only positive out of it is that I have taken time of work to look after our two boys aged 6 and 3 and it means i get to spend alot more time with them.

The worst of it is every day when I take the boys to go and see their mum we have to walk past the childrens ward. To see some of the really sick kids in there with cancer etc is truly heartbreaking. You should try explaining that to a 6 year old.

I didn't write this for sympathy for myself or my family but just to put some perspective on the discussion in this thread. What is really being discussed here is will we get some information and information only on GAME (albeit the best game series in history IMO) soon.

GT5 will blow the majority of us away when it finally gets here i'm sure. I know it's been along time coming but it will be worth the wait.

Take care all...

^^^^^^^^
I posted this around the time of E3
Here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3413483#post3413483

Now today i've got back from the hospital (yes my wife is in again unfortunatly) and have read every post from where i left off at on page 87.

I can understand the dissapointment alot of you guys have but life isn't that bad is it. Go outside have a look at the sun if it's up and take a deep breath and be thankfull that you can.

Sorry for the rant i'm not abusing anyone but if todays news is the worst thing in your life then things arn't too bad are they?

Take care all....

again my question regarding the major advancement, or in generell: Will there be another presentation regarding gt5 at tgs or has all been said official-presentation-wise?

will there be another event regarding gt5 or was this seriously everything regarding the "big advancement at tgs"?

I think I recall telling you guys that something like this would happen. I'm not disappointed, but I'm satisfied. New cars, new info, solid release date, new features like paddleshifting animation and fully animated pit crew.. yup, nothing to complain about.

Firstly let me say i've been a fan ot the GT series since day one. Sure I would love PD to release alot of information at E3 about GT5, but to be honest i personally would be happy with a release date. All the rest eg car list, tracks, weather, damage, screen shots, video etc would be a bonus. As a fan i've got used to waiting. I'm sure when GT5 finally comes around i'll be happy with it.

And now for a reallity check.
My wife has been in hospital for the last two weeks, her condition, MS means that this will be an occurance for the rest of our lives unless a cure is found. All going well she is due to come out on Friday .
The only positive out of it is that I have taken time of work to look after our two boys aged 6 and 3 and it means i get to spend alot more time with them.

The worst of it is every day when I take the boys to go and see their mum we have to walk past the childrens ward. To see some of the really sick kids in there with cancer etc is truly heartbreaking. You should try explaining that to a 6 year old.

I didn't write this for sympathy for myself or my family but just to put some perspective on the discussion in this thread. What is really being discussed here is will we get some information and information only on GAME (albeit the best game series in history IMO) soon.

GT5 will blow the majority of us away when it finally gets here i'm sure. I know it's been along time coming but it will be worth the wait.

Take care all...

^^^^^^^^
I posted this around the time of E3
Here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3413483#post3413483

Now today i've got back from the hospital (yes my wife is in again unfortunatly) and have read every post from where i left off at on page 87.

I can understand the dissapointment alot of you guys have but life isn't that bad is it. Go outside have a look at the sun if it's up and take a deep breath and be thankfull that you can.

Sorry for the rant i'm not abusing anyone but if todays news is the worst thing in your life then things arn't too bad are they?

Take care all....

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Lets be positive:
More reasonable release date.
Holly crap we have a release date.
6 months lol is not that long away.
Sony/PD are now to a point they can be more open with information about the game.
Now when we have a release date, it means the game can start to get delayed.

Who besides me wont be surprised if it's released during christmas 2010?

Take care all....

👍 👍 👍 and all the best to your family!

Jay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE56-L6HNWY

EMBEDDED; please! :)

I wont lie and say that I'm not dissapointed, because i am as i was expecting it this year and was looking forward to playing it during the winter. But i do understand their mentality in that they want to release the game as close to perfect as they can without all the bugs. And at least we now have a date for release from PD.
I just wish they would give us a bit more information, even if its just some comments from the developers, as to why they have kept delaying it, just say to us "sorry, we werent happy with the damage models, and knew that you the customer wouldnt either, so we have delayed it to perfect this" etc.
Just to give us some information or updates on their progress.
I bought my ps3 on release day, and on the information i had got from different sources was expecting it by early 2008, so it has been a very very long wait. I even imported the Japanese version of GT5P and then got the english version when that was released.
Well only 6 months until we can finally get our hands on it. Wish i could hibernate like the bears all winter.

It's time KY tells us EXACTLY what the reason for this is, what we can expect (any more delays?), and why we should wait any longer.
And pleeeaase don't mention that awful psp crap in any interview anymore. I'm so done with that! If they want to hold on to their (still major) fanbase they better work their 🤬 off!

marchi, I'm perfectly calm. I think your reply shows who is the more immature with your little rant and personal remarks. Times change and PD need to move with the times. This is not a niche market anymore.

Now when we have a release date, it means the game can start to get delayed.

Who besides me wouldn't be surprised if it's released during Christmas 2010?

Count me in, wouldn't surprise me from these jokers, sorry game developing team.:indiff:

Last edited:
It's time KY tells us EXACTLY what the reason for this is, what we can expect (any more delays?), and why we should wait any longer.
And pleeeaase don't mention that awful psp crap in any interview anymore. I'm so done with that!
+1!

The PSP game is a pure joke IMO. I mean, GT PSP is released in less than a week, yet only 8 users are veiwing that section and 587 are viewing the GT5 section. Speaks for it self, doesn't it? No one cares!

Back