[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Sweet, HuskyNSX.

This means that once I get a PS3 I can come up to speed with Prologue before GT5 is released. Nice! I know, I am inconsiderate of the rest of you! Jokes.

Sweet at least we got a release date now March 2010 and at least I have a 360 and pre-ordered Forza 3 to keep me occupied in the mean time.

You might want to try the demo first.

Just been playing the FM3 demo and OMG what have Turn 10 done. They have definately gone down the arcade route and to be honest the cars handle so easy its ridculous. Even PGR3 seems like a sim compared to FM3 demo.

Very disappointing morning overall what with the GT5 announcement and NFS Forza.

You might want to try the demo first.

Just been playing the FM3 demo and OMG what have Turn 10 done. They have definately gone down the arcade route and to be honest the cars handle so easy its ridculous. Even PGR3 seems like a sim compared to FM3 demo.

Very disappointing morning overall what with the GT5 announcement and NFS Forza.

I have the demo and I enjoy the arcadiness its good sometimes to take a break from all that sim style racing.

NFS **** was probably the most horrible attempt at a racing game.

Just a random thought...

800 cars (a la GT PSP) + 150 bikes (a la Tourist Trophy) = 950 vehicles?

haha, doubt it... but what if?

about the benz gt5 video!.....

wtf!!!!!!!!!! birds flying in the nurburgring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice...epic..put in some more animals and im good to go!

So what was the major advancement that everyone was talking about?

- Later release date than expected and for japan only ( is time of 6 months really markable as "soon"? )
- Demo without damage at all this time
- No word about weather / time and livery editor this time officially

+ Few new and expected cars in GT5 (Enzo, SLS, vACR, F458, ZR1, LP560)
+ Birds over Nordschleife (Interesting, I mentioned birds like lack of some live on the tracks somewhere in the GTplanet more than year ago and shortly after it they came like hint in Spec III GT5p intro, now they are watchable in Swiss track in E3 trailer and in SLS promotional video)

That's it.

Last edited:
Ah good, that SLS vid shows at least some new tracks. Something curvy through green hills around the 0:33s mark. Could that be Millbrook Proving Grounds?

Looks gorgeous though

Last edited:
birds at the ring ...

346tk5v.jpg

nice 👍

2vv02me.jpg

wow.. just woke up and this is the major advancement? lol...

Ah well, good to learn that we will have a fully animated pitcrew during gameplay..

Another thought, maybe a 2009 release in europe/states and 2010 in japan?

about the benz gt5 video!.....

wtf!!!!!!!!!! birds flying in the nurburgring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice...epic..put in some more animals and im good to go!

Their near identical to me... or its just the real sound sampled into the gt part of the vid

Ah good, that SLS vid shows at least some new tracks. Something curvy through green hills around the 0:33s mark. Could that be [strikethrough]Millbrook Proving Grounds?[/strikethrough]

That new tracks are however from real part of footage, not in game. I saw mainly Suzuka, HSR and Ring there in game. PD is just hidding something to us, they barely show new track. Valencia and some kind of Tuscany road in latest footage, but that's all. Otherwise they use tracks already known from Prologue.

That new tracks are however from real part of footage, not in game.

Beg to differ, notice how quickly the camera moves from being on the left side of the merc to the right @ 33/34th second in the clip? Makes me believe that this is a game camera.

Actually, pretty sweet if one of us is wrong because we can't notice the difference between real life / VR in a video clip like that.

It seems quite a few people are disappointed with the March 2010 release date, but I think think if this is the start of a regular flow of information/screens/trailers from PD as it seems the wait shouldn't be difficult.

Beg to differ, notice how quickly the camera moves from being on the left side of the merc to the right @ 33/34th second in the clip? Makes me believe that this is a game camera.

Nevermind, im wrong. Real license plate in that scene compared to the AMG plates in the renders. :dunce:

Back