[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
I'm a little disappointed, but March will be here before you know it. The game will probably be a lot better because of this delay, 6 months is a long time to refining and testing. In the end we'll all be thankful, so whatever. Back to playing other games in the meantime. :dopey:

Why would the japanese release be so far after the us and eu should it be announced to be 09 for us, no chance, stop the wishfull thinking

I think with their secret way to work and lack of info, many people which bought PS3 only for GT are very angry.

I bought my PS3 for prologue, but it's very good like movie and music player and in fact, I can't find better tool for photo slides.

I bought mine because of future GT franchises..and cause all the extra goodies with it....in fact its very coool..i have two pcs connected to it via cables..so multimedia servers are a thumbs up for me...hm i wonder if to get the eye toy ...
GT never disappoints in my opinion..if it is.... it is forgiving
(good things comes to those who wait) :)

If you consider the facts that Kaz has said these things to EU/US press ("soon after GT Mobile" and laughed when mentioned 2010 release date, implying it's sooner than we think) and he's not a complete liar, then it's possible.

Amazing,just Amazing...This whole deal is just getting hard to stomach. Whatever GT5. When it comes out it comes out I really just dont care much anymore.

Amazing,just Amazing...This whole deal is just getting hard to stomach. Whatever GT5. When it comes out it comes out I really just dont care much anymore.

Yeah , and then you run as hell and get your copy at day one 👍

Hopefully they've decided to implement damage on all of the cars.

Kaz really was hinting at a 2009 release. I know there never was an official date announced, but I think that they have pushed the target date back to do this.

There was a lot of anger after we found out that only a couple cars had damage modeling.

I don't see the point nowadays in having such big difference in releasing a game in different parts of the world.

I'm quite surprised with all this - I was really convinced that release would've be in the first quarter of December because of Christmas = huge sales and ps3 promo packages in all Europe and America. Also would give enough time for the 'dust settling down from all the hype from FM3 and NFSS releases.

The only logic reason I can find is that PD got scared with these two games, and realize they would've to do better to keep that step ahead of competition - and they simply didn't see it coming. This would be the result: delay GT5 by 3 months (1/4 of year) and try the best to outstand from the rest of the driving games.

PD forget that its not just the good looks that matter on a driving simulator. I hope they realize it in time and that in March (?) they'd give us a proper simulator with those astonishing looks that only the can do. (also, better sound quality for better immersion please)

Jay

When asked about NA/EU release, can't wait for him to answer "We can release it at anytime we want."

PD is treating us like mules in a mill. They're hanging bait (false hopes about how close GT5 supposedly is) in front of our faces every time they get the chance but they're just leading us in circles and not providing any real information or results

weaselEST
US Blog says that EU and US date will be announced soon. There's a possibility that it' 2009.

Release the game first in the territories that make up 3/4 of Gran Turismo sales? That makes just too much sense to be a decision PD would make.

Release the game first in the territories that make up 3/4 of Gran Turismo sales? That makes just too much sense to be a decision PD would make.

Yea , they would never do that! Europe is the 3'rd world of gaming for them...

When asked about NA/EU release, can't wait for him to answer "We can release it at anytime we want."

PD is treating us like mules in a mill. They're hanging bait (false hopes about how close GT5 supposedly is) in front of our faces every time they get the chance but they're just leading us in circles and not providing any real information or results

Actually, NA/EU made up more like 9/10 of GT4's sales :)

Why not? Because Japan has got it earlier in the past? Not an argument.
Seriously, I don't like being a jerk but I'm in a crap mood to begin with.

You're deluding yourself.

The best we can hope for at the moment is a global release on 3/31/10.

GT4 sales to date by region

58% = 5.85m - Europe
29% = 2.93m - North America
12% = 1.25m - Japan

88% NTSC/PAL

12% Japan/NTSCJ

Seriously, I don't like being a jerk but I'm in a crap mood to begin with.
You're deluding yourself.
The best we can hope for at the moment is a global release on 3/31/10.

You're deluding yourself. Why didn't they announce the worldwide release date then? Because they want to see the reaction to 2010 release date.

Back