[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
I bet the Turn 10 guys did a jumping praise when they heard the news, same time we smashed our keyboards and kicked the cat.

I'll admit I like the 360, but never cared much for the Forza franchise. I love the PS3 for one reason and thats the GT series. I was playing GT4 last night and got up and turned it off after I heard. This latest news just confirmed a pre-order for Forza from me.

...Why didn't they announce the worldwide release date then?
And this is helps your argument how?

Seriously, no Gran Turismo game has ever been released first in the US. If anything, we're going to get it AFTER 3/31/10.

If they start with GT5, you have my word, you'll get your own thread, from me to you apologizing.

I really don't take this as bad news. I mean sure its a little disappointing but its better to look at this with the glass half full mentality. We have a release date. The game has not been delayed or anything like that. If it slips past March 2010 then we can rightfully moan. Also I was always in the camp that PD should take as long as they want to perfect GT5. I do not want another FM2 or GT4 with cut features and rushed content. The longer the game takes to come out the more cars and tracks can be added. Seeing as 20+ locations and 70+ tracks is the current number, waiting does not sound that bad.

Whats happening to GT5 is what happened to Home. It was announced and shown WAY TOO EARLY. This but a huge buzz kill on everyone. But sure enough, in Home, the "final beta" product is currently pretty cool and a significant improvement. Sony tends to do this with their products and I hope they correct this mistake when the PS(X) comes out.

Well, wether your one of the doomsayers or one of the koolaid drinkers, everyone must admit that GT5 at the TGS was a huge dissapointment.

b

No, Thats MY BDAY!! stop taking my thunder... :P I see you also celebrate your birthday on the 9th 👍 I thought I was the only one :lol:

Well, just to go seriously off topic, March 9th is my bday also. Happy birthday to us?

Maybe we'll get some GT5 around our birthdays. Hell, maybe it'll come out before the 9th and we can actually get it for our birthdays *gasp*

Is there no video from the TGS press conference yesterday?

We read on the livestream about that GT5 intro or whatever it was... showing the sls amg and so on...

While its highly unlikely and I'm not desperate for this to happen, I will laugh hard if it turns out to be a joke.

Maybe... And there's a possibility the Easter Bunny exists along with Santa and Alien hookers :eek:

Alien Hookers FTW 👍

When asked about NA/EU release, can't wait for him to answer "We can release it at anytime we want."

PD is treating us like mules in a mill. They're hanging bait (false hopes about how close GT5 supposedly is) in front of our faces every time they get the chance but they're just leading us in circles and not providing any real information or results

Release the game first in the territories that make up 3/4 of Gran Turismo sales? That makes just too much sense to be a decision PD would make.

Can someone ask about the weather part in the comments of gamespot? thanks.

So what is the "major advancement" to be announce? the the game still at least 6 months away?

I'm a little disappointed, should have known not to get my hopes up :(

Kaz has been dic*ing us around for years. I may just have to take a break from the site so I don't get sucked into all the hype, check back next year I guess. Yes the game will be amazing, I just need stop caring until its actually here.

thanks pierced lead!

But I mean a video where Kaz is on stage?

EDIT: About that EU/US 2009 release...

PSP sales like hell in japan and not soo good in US/EU... So they are focussing on GT PSP in Japan and GT5 in EU/US? Everything is possible :P till the next dissapointment...

But if Kaz really announce a 2009 date for EU/US than that was a epic marketing gag... to dissapoint us all and then made us all happier then we ever can get...

So what is the "major advancement" to be announce? the the game still at least 6 months away?

Yea, the only major advancement I could think of was them talking about the head-tracking feature, dynamic weather, new damage demonstrated to road cars, livery, or track editing, which all, unfortunately weren't discussed. Maybe the major advancement was a translation error? Or maybe it was the youtube output or something?:crazy:

Well thats a full cockpit view. The only time I want a person behind the wheel to see if that road going ferrari has damage and they don't crash once!!!

That would maybe put to bed the whole cockpits and damage only in racing cars thing.

:cheers: will see what the 2k10 brings :dunce:

Well, just to go seriously off topic, March 9th is my bday also. Happy birthday to us?

Maybe we'll get some GT5 around our birthdays. Hell, maybe it'll come out before the 9th and we can actually get it for our birthdays *gasp*

Lets hope the gods are on our side and we get this epic game for our birthdays :D I will be one happy camper if it does 👍

Nice cockpit lights

Attachments

• sls.jpg
    sls.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 100
Back