[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Prologue has never been a demo and never was intended to be one.

Exactly my point.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You losers have to wait, nanananananananana, BAHAHAHAHAHA.

Have fun crying!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Doesn't take long for some trolls show there colours, since people in the xbox section are on 10 point insta-bans for this kind of thing, does the same thing carry into here ?

Awww, don't cry. You've got GT PSP on preorder, apparently. I'm sure that will keep you warm until GT5.:lol:

Well done on managing to stay mature đź‘Ť i wasn't aware i was crying, however i'd be more inclined that someone who felt the need to report people to the moderators would be the one more likely to be doing that. I'm sure GTPortable will be fun to play yes, as will PES and so will Forza 3 they will all tide me over untill GT5, wasn't aware i ever said they wouldn't :S

-> ...
Goodnight, fellas.:)
^ Same here, its 2:30am here, and I got work tomorrow.

OT (Vehicle Wish List fans)-> Vehicle Wish List will resume next day. Too much commotion here! :indiff:

BT-> As far as what I have said earlier; its still too early to tell. I'm sure Sam Mitani (of Road & Track) will squeeze some GT5 news out of KY just like what he tried to do last E3. :)

Two Problems with GT5 having GT PSP connectivity

1. GT5 will become a shell of a game with you blasting past Euno roadsters with a Suzuki Escudo on your way to an easy 100% win ratio and 100% completion. Gone are the days of having to start with a used car racing vs other low end cars and slowly working your way up the ladder.

2. First day online if you never had the PSP and already unlocked all the cars everyone BUT YOU is going to have a Ferrari F2007 while your stuck with a hatchback.

I like the idea of letting you transfer over a few hundred thousand credits, but unlocking all the cars of GT5 through missions in GT PSP sounds wrong to me.

The reason why sony is waiting so long is hoping people will get sick of waiting, go out and buy the new PSP GO and GT for that, drive more sales.

Simple strategy.

As a previous statement, GT5 will not hit our shores (Australian) until May next year!

So the Forza 3 demo, will have over 5 tracks, a massive garage, online and challene modes?...

Funny how Kinetic put down FM3 demo by comparing it to the GT5P game, and as soon as he got called out on it, he changed his tune. "Oh GT5P was more than a DEMO!" Which ever way you cut it GT fanboys always find a way to talk crap.

I really didn't bother to check all 160+ pages already on this thread, but here my thoughts:

1. March '10 is disappointing but we only have ourselves to blame, because of all the hype around the game.

2. I honestly believe that the game WAS READY to launch anytime. I just think that the controversy caused by the 170 premium model thing which (in my opinion now even more certain) identified cars which would have cockpit view and damage (while all other were as whe know from GT4).

3. My opinion - PD's has become a little bit arrogant. They believed that the astonishing graphs would be THE argument enough to beat any possible competition. They were wrong and the controversy around what's mentioned in "2." showed them that - besides the acceptation other racing games are getting now (FM3, NFSS, FC, SCC). Gamers want everything as real as it can get - car handling, damage, etc., not just the looks.

4. I believe PD is going to rebuild part of the game because of the above mentioned. And I (and I believe all of us would) expect at least, in March '10:

- full cockpit view in all 950 cars
- full damage in all 950 cars
- Pit stops
- Tire wear
- Improved physics and car handling

This is the minimum acceptable for March '10.

And while this major dissapointment, as opposed to major advancement, is hitting the GT fans... FM fans get to look at this http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8549_en.html#forum and play the FM3 demo in a few hours.:nervous: Just look at that trailer, it's brilliant.:drool:

Wow that looks fantastic. Microsoft certainly know how to look after their fan-base don't they.

You've got to hand it to them.

The grass is looking very lush on the other side of the fence at the moment.

If we don't have a demo to tied us over the christmas period then PD have handed Microsoft console and game sales on a plate - heads should roll for this.

What a massive marketing/sales/PR balls up this is turning out to be so far.

Good job KY didn't mention the March 2010 due date here in the Uk/US he'd of had to walk on stage in riot gear!!

Congratulations to the Forza team - pats on backs all round - it won't be long until they surpass GT with graphics and still bring out new games in a quarter of the time its takes PD.

This is the beginning of the end I think for PD.

Funny how Kinetic put down FM3 demo by comparing it to the GT5P game, and as soon as he got called out on it, he changed his tune. "Oh GT5P was more than a DEMO!" Which ever way you cut it GT fanboys always find a way to talk crap.
Forza fans aren't any different...

I really didn't bother to check all 160+ pages already on this thread, but here my thoughts:

1. March '10 is disappointing but we only have ourselves to blame, because of all the hype around the game.

2. I honestly believe that the game WAS READY to launch anytime. I just think that the controversy caused by the 170 premium model thing which (in my opinion now even more certain) identified cars which would have cockpit view and damage (while all other were as whe know from GT4).

3. My opinion - PD's has become a little bit arrogant. They believed that the astonishing graphs would be THE argument enough to beat any possible competition. They were wrong and the controversy around what's mentioned in "2." showed them that - besides the acceptation other racing games are getting now (FM3, NFSS, FC, SCC). Gamers want everything as real as it can get - car handling, damage, etc., not just the looks.

4. I believe PD is going to rebuild part of the game because of the above mentioned. And I (and I believe all of us would) expect at least, in March '10:

- full cockpit view in all 950 cars
- full damage in all 950 cars
- Pit stops
- Tire wear
- Improved physics and car handling

This is the minimum acceptable for March '10.

Some good points there but watch it, I posted a list of things I would want as a minimum in GT5 and got hounded by about 4 GT fanboys on 2 threads and several pages.:crazy:

Last edited:
nws12537810517238933.jpg

C3 Vette and Countash.

edit Never mind it's a real life picture

Last edited:
Forza fans aren't any different...

Not all FM fans are like that. I'm a fan of both FM and GT and you know on both these forums and Forza Central I point out the good and the bad points on both games on both forums. I never get the kind of abuse I got here yesterday on the FM fansite Forza Central...

What the hell was all this rubbish about GT5 being released shortly after GTPSP and why have they waited until now just to let us know it would be a 2010 release.

NEW VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice the shift animation.

Also, there could be a lot of reasons why they pushed back GT5. And yes, I'm going to say "pushed back" because of GamesCom where they handed out brochures that said GT5 will come out in Q4 '09.

Maybe they needed more time for the damage physics/visuals after seeing what people said about it. After all, he wanted to know how far the players wanted them to go with damage.

They said that GT5 will be similar to GTPSP, and just look at what the reviewers said about GTPSP. This might be another reason why it was pushed back.

I hope that as well as the shift animation they bring back the fluid crossing arm movements.

I hate the way in that video some guy walks infront of the screen right at the money shot!

Robin.

-> ...

^ If thats the case, maybe Forza is in the same boat then. ;)

your half right, before we had in-game vids made avalible (ie: gameplay) we saw the "community at play" promo video which turned out to be CG, many assumed then that was a refection of actual in-game visuals and physics (it wasnt), since then enough hard evidence like eye witness reports coupled with video/pictorial footage clearly demonstrated FM3's actual in game graphics at work, add to that many high rez vids showing the devs navigating though the menus and starting up the game then proceeding to play, and we can clearly see exaclty what we are getting.

i'll will base my GT5 expectations on quality high res In-game footage of the game being played, not some concept/promotion video.

No doubt GT5 will be better looking the FM3, graphics after all are PD's highest priority.

I hope that as well as the shift animation they bring back the fluid crossing arm movements.

I hate the way in that video some guy walks infront of the screen right at the money shot!

Robin.

Yeah in the best moment. Would slap that guy if i would hold that cam :dopey:

What the hell was all this rubbish about GT5 being released shortly after GTPSP and why have they waited until now just to let us know it would be a 2010 release.

Shut up an take it. When I dared to have an opinon on GT5 you didn't like yesterday you joined 3 other fanboys to have a go at me on this very thread.:dunce:

Last edited:

I never put the forza demo down, i explained that all it was is a demo, compared to a prologue, forza 3 demo will have the standard demo protocol yes, so a few cars one track and a few laps. Which would be a demo by anyones standard, which is the point i used to show that prologue was alot more than a 'demo'

You can feel free to keep trying to angle it however you like but you won't get any joy from it.

ok, pls im trying to get this info all arroudn the web.
What exactly was the major advancement for TGS kaz talked about at gamescom`?
Or is this still to get announced? at all, will there be another presentation regarding gt5 or has everything been said presentation-wise?
the later would be rather disapointing, wouldnt it?

Yes, and You act sooooooo much better now!

Well, don't you think it just takes the proverbial that the very next day he moans about GT5? How hypocritical is that, and by the way, he's Kinetic's friend, the other guy that was also giving me abuse...

Well, don't you think it just takes the proverbial that the very next day he moans about GT5? How hypocritical is that, and by the way, he's Kinetic's friend, the other guy that was also giving me abuse...

easy M8 no need to make a vendetta here ;)

Back