[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
hmmmm 20 locations....

Sounds like what PGR did...

USA ex race track(Laguna seca) (city course (New york)
JAPAN ex race track(Suzuka) (city course(Tokyo)
EUROPE ex race track(Nurburgring) (city course( london )

and excetera.

Well, hopefully some interviewer will finally pop the question while talking to KY and we will finally get our answer about the tracks - but since they've reworded it (it got translated different @GC), it sure looks more promising than before.

Now if PD can just post this list on GT's other countries sites, and some game reporter pin Kazunori Yamauchi down on this location, variations thing we won't have to go through this for 6 months.

:)

20 tracks with 70 variations? I don't see what there is to complain about? That is awesome IMO. Look at the detail, and look at the number of cars. We will have hundreds, if not thousands of hours in this game.

Credible. Reliable.

I’m not saying that the translation isn’t credible. I’m just saying we have 6 months until this games release and many things may change from a list that was quoted.

It’s just my opinion based on the history of this series that nothing is set in stone until you see it on the screen.

Thank you btw for maintaining this thread through all the junk posted in here.

I was really happy after the things we saw at gamescom.

But im really disappointed with the TGS till this point.

The release date is in 2010 and after reading the translation of the new feature list, I have no hope for dynamical weather.

I hope we get something really big in the next few days...

I’m not saying that the translation isn’t credible. I’m just saying we have 6 months until this games release and many things may change from a list that was quoted.

It’s just my opinion based on the history of this series that nothing is set in stone until you see it on the screen.

Thank you btw for maintaining this thread through all the junk posted in here.

There's no doubt stuff might change between now and then, but I'm just reporting facts confirmed at the time of TGS 2009. Think of these confirmations as a mere reference or a single stop in GT5's developmental timeline. Since we found out at TGS 2009 that roll over was confirmed we'll have proof whether or not PD went through with it in 2010.

Thanks, by the way. I've seen the most garbage after Kaz's 30 minute presentation. Tons of negativity. A few remained steady. Hopefully he'll reappear because that wasn't really a show of any sort.

Locations could be Tracks or country Ok But it says clearly 70 variations! and variations are not Tracks!

On Japan itself there's 10 tracks/variations:

Suzuka x 3 (east, west, full)
Fuji x 4 (80's, 90's, f, gt)
Tokyo x 2 (normal, reverse)
Tsukuba

that's why I consider location as country

There's no doubt stuff might change between now and then, but I'm just reporting facts confirmed at the time of TGS 2009. Think of these confirmations as a mere reference or a single stop in GT5's developmental timeline. Since we found out at TGS 2009 that roll over was confirmed we'll have proof whether or not PD went through with it in 2010.

Just by observation, anything that PD reports is more of a wish list or a goal if you will. They are always working on something and often when it comes down to it may not pan out for reasons never known to us.

I currently think that amar has been bitten by this very method at the moment. I believe he felt he had some solid information at one time and now it hasn’t quite panned out judging from a post he had on neogaf.

I think it would be beneficial for many members of this site to understand the development of products. “facts” are not facts until you see it in the game.

To be honest, his sources seem fairly reliable. He posted the cryptic release date in April of 2009, and if you start there, 30 days before 12 months pass is March 2010. Also, 20 tracks with 60 layouts is pretty much dead on.

Back