Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,363 comments
What a win.:lol::bowdown::cheers:
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802124342.jpg

Gif reply.

I'm gonna start a two class series which includes the P1 gtr and a yet to be decided spec car.

My plan is for each race to be 2 hours long with fuel set to x3 and tire wear set to x3.

I already finish the livery for the p1 it'll be 12 cars base on teams of 2.

Meet the teams. :)

Team Blue Wave.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808090322.jpg

Team Pink Blossom
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808090212.jpg

Team Dark Night.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808085953.jpg

Team White Night.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808085824.jpg

Team Red Fire.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808085659.jpg

Team Silver Back.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808085556.jpg

Now to decide on the car for the second class.:)

Did a 1 hour test race and it was fantastic and base on that race the setup is as follow.

2 Hour race each.
Fuel X2
Tires X1
All rules will be on.

Cars.
P1 GTR - for class 1
MC20 2020 - for class 2

Time difference between class as tested.

Class 1 - 2:18.405
Class 2 - 2:28.117

Tracks - TBA.

Cars.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240808140837.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20240808140844.png

:)

Did a 1 hour test race and it was fantastic and base on that race the setup is as follow.

2 Hour race each.
Fuel X2
Tires X1
All rules will be on.

Cars.
P1 GTR - for class 1
MC20 2020 - for class 2

Time difference between class as tested.

Class 1 - 2:18.405
Class 2 - 2:28.117

Tracks - TBA.

Cars.
View attachment 1379363
View attachment 1379364
:)
MC20 makes a really fine race car. Would be nice to see a couple racing versions.

Recently watched & loved the interview with Kaz driving round Monaco especially when he mentions GT7 users are never happy ............& on that point Im going to have a quick moan - The Custom races are Brilliant fantastic & all other adjectives in that range, but when opting for the Ai using the same car, maybe have alternative Liveries ? its just so much nicer to race & watch later - I'd like to enjoy that aspect without having to buy 20 of the same cars & livery them up to get there - awesome game though 👍

Running my first season with a bunch of 911 CS '95, I am getting frustrated by the rubberbanding.

What do you guys recommend to mitigate this?

Why, Poliphony? W H Y? I am a grown man, I can take losing a virtual race to a computer. Come on!

Last edited:
Running my first season with a bunch of 911 CS '95, I am getting frustrated by the rubberbanding.

What do you guys recommend to mitigate this?

Why, Poliphony? W H Y? I am a grown man, I can take losing a virtual race to a computer. Come on!
Boost on Weak pretty much removes the slowdown if you're behind.
However, there's nothing you can do about them magically "Mario Karting" to catch you if you get into first place. :(

Last edited:
looks great! What upgrades did you do to the cars?
All opponents are modified in a mostly unique fashion power-wise. Some are running the Ultimate upgrades such as Stroke Up S, some are opting for Engine Balancing, etc. All cars are running Racing Hard tires, and are tuned to exactly 700.00PP. Even better; The AI are all using GTWS driver names lifted from the Neoclassical series. The AI paint schemes (as well as my own) are meant to be as close to the official AI cars from other events as possible. In other words, "lore-friendly".
There's two "cheater" opponents. Baptiste Beauvois is running a classic '73 911 Carrera with a 959 engine stuffed in the bay. It's brutally fast on the straights but struggles in the turns due to literally having 0 aero on the front and rear. It's also the most powerful opponent at 564HP.
The other cheater is Adam Wilk, running a full-blown 911 RSR. However, it's the least powerful opponent with just 463HP. But he's no backmarker by any stretch; It's still a race car with a racing fuel cell, and that means it's by far the most fuel efficient car in the field. He's still very much beatable.
Oh, and there's two RUF RGTs in the field. A lovely color-shift one piloted by Igor Fraga, and one driven by Daniel Solis with a paint schems that calls back to a certain Blacklist racer from a game that you may be familiar with... ;)
Anyway, here's another poster mockup!
Picsart_24-08-10_06-34-21-027.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to buy 20 Alfa Romeo Giulia’s before they sold out - doing a 24 race championship with them. I found 20 liveries and used those so once I start, I’ll credit the creators on here as it’s only fair (once I also remember the usernames of them).

Haven’t tuned them yet as I’m waiting for time trial results to go through (4 million credits) so with that in mind I have a few questions, if anyone can answer then happy days (and thank you!!):

1. I know it’s my discretion but what sort of power and weight (and other tuning parts) would be best appropriate for the Alfa Romeo Giulia where it doesn’t slack but isn’t ridiculously OTT (perhaps 200-250 bhp or so)??
2. In custom races, does the AI opponent Alfa Romeo Giulia’s automatically have any driver aids assigned and can they be edited??
3. I’m guessing Boost Weak is still the norm for close racing??

Otherwise once I get it up and running then hopefully I can showcase some of it.

Decided to buy 20 Alfa Romeo Giulia’s before they sold out - doing a 24 race championship with them. I found 20 liveries and used those so once I start, I’ll credit the creators on here as it’s only fair (once I also remember the usernames of them).

Haven’t tuned them yet as I’m waiting for time trial results to go through (4 million credits) so with that in mind I have a few questions, if anyone can answer then happy days (and thank you!!):

1. I know it’s my discretion but what sort of power and weight (and other tuning parts) would be best appropriate for the Alfa Romeo Giulia where it doesn’t slack but isn’t ridiculously OTT (perhaps 200-250 bhp or so)??
2. In custom races, does the AI opponent Alfa Romeo Giulia’s automatically have any driver aids assigned and can they be edited??
3. I’m guessing Boost Weak is still the norm for close racing??

Otherwise once I get it up and running then hopefully I can showcase some of it.
Boost Weak, yeah, and also, after you get into the custom race (after you've set the grid and you're in the pre-race menu), drop your ECU/Power Limiter percentage to 96-97% or so, to balance the acceleration, since the AI doesn't use full throttle after the first corner. I prioritise the ECU if I can adjust it, if not, I use the power limiter. Especially if I don't want to upgrade the car, but also if I'm going for a specific PP and a custom ECU would go over that.

EDIT: Just want to note that if you set the grid using the garage option when your car is at a lower ECU/power limiter percentage, the AI will also then have that percentage until you increase it back to 100%, and re-sort using the garage option.

One way to ensure they’re at 100% once you’ve adjusted it to 100% again, is to switch to something like “Sort by category” and then back to “Sort from garage”. Those aren’t exactly the names, can’t recall exactly off the top of my head, but it’s in the same vertical options tab that you can then order the grid using cars from your garage. It basically refreshes things and chooses the latest instance of your car settings.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's up with Custom Race?

My P1 gtr race which used to be wheel to wheel racing with all 20 p1 cars staying close for the 30 minute race has now become just 4 or 5 cars breaking away while the rest fall behind.

I'm using the same settings, the same tunes.

Boost - Strong

Below is what I mean.

Picture from Aug 2 2024.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240802124342.jpg

Picture from now.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240815062544.jpg

I try everything.

Settings.

Boost - Strong and weak.
Difficulty Normal and professional.

Anyone know what's up with Custom Race?

My P1 gtr race which used to be wheel to wheel racing with all 20 p1 cars staying close for the 30 minute race has now become just 4 or 5 cars breaking away while the rest fall behind.

I'm using the same settings, the same tunes.

Boost - Strong

Below is what I mean.

Picture from Aug 2 2024.
View attachment 1381144

Picture from now.
View attachment 1381145

I try everything.

Settings.

Boost - Strong and weak.
Difficulty Normal and professional.
Boost Weak, professional difficulty, and lower your ECU/power limiter to 95-96% or so. Generally, the more powerful the car, the more you need to reduce the ECU. Although with very low power cars (anything around 63 BHP or below), you need to reduce it further again as 97% wouldn’t reduce as much of the power as it would 630 BHP, for example.

I would try 95% for the P1, and if that feels like you’re not gaining on the straights, try 96%.

97% and up will probably give you too much of a straight line speed advantage over the AI.

Judge the straight line speed based on straights after the first corner of the first lap, as the AI goes full throttle until the first braking point of the race, from there on it’s 97% throttle.

To give the AI 95% ECU/power limiter, but keep your car at 100%, I’ll paste part of my post I made the other day, as it covers it:

I prioritise the ECU if I can adjust it, if not, I use the power limiter. Especially if I don't want to upgrade the car, but also if I'm going for a specific PP and a custom ECU would go over that.

Just want to note that if you set the grid using the garage option when your car is at a lower ECU/power limiter percentage, the AI will also then have that percentage until you increase it back to 100%, and re-sort using the garage option.

One way to ensure they’re at 100% once you’ve adjusted it to 100% again, is to switch to something like “Sort by category” and then back to “Sort from garage”. Those aren’t exactly the names, can’t recall exactly off the top of my head, but it’s in the same vertical options tab that you can then order the grid using cars from your garage. It basically refreshes things and chooses the latest instance of your car settings.

Last edited:
Boost Weak, professional difficulty, and lower your ECU/power limiter to 95-96% or so. Generally, the more powerful the car, the more you need to reduce the ECU. Although with very low power cars (anything around 63 BHP or below), you need to reduce it further again as 97% wouldn’t reduce as much of the power as it would 630 BHP, for example.

I would try 95% for the P1, and if that feels like you’re not gaining on the straights, try 96%.

97% and up will probably give you too much of a straight line speed advantage over the AI.

Judge the straight line speed based on straights after the first corner of the first lap, as the AI goes full throttle until the first braking point of the race, from there on it’s 97% throttle.

To give the AI 95% ECU/power limiter, but keep your car at 100%, I’ll paste part of my post I made the other day, as it covers it:

I prioritise the ECU if I can adjust it, if not, I use the power limiter. Especially if I don't want to upgrade the car, but also if I'm going for a specific PP and a custom ECU would go over that.

Just want to note that if you set the grid using the garage option when your car is at a lower ECU/power limiter percentage, the AI will also then have that percentage until you increase it back to 100%, and re-sort using the garage option.

Um? I'm running all 20 of my P1 s with the same tunes and at full power.

The point of my post was that before this custom race was fine with all 20 p1s close racing for 30 minutes but now only 4 to 5 cars stay in the front while the rest are on a Sunday drive which was not happening before.

And I have tried Boost Weak, professional difficulty they still do the same thing.

Um? I'm running all 20 of my P1 s with the same tunes and at full power.

The point of my post was that before this custom race was fine with all 20 p1s close racing for 30 minutes but now only 4 to 5 cars stay in the front while the rest are on a Sunday drive which was not happening before.

And I have tried Boost Weak, professional difficulty they still do the same thing.
Have you tried a one make just to see if the oval settings have changed? I take it that’s how the pack stays so close.

Back