Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
The VGT engine is a surprise. I recall someone claiming they have the Tomahawk X engine on the Aventador, obviously fake news, but I thought that stuff was off limits.
Suzuki VGT engine is real. The car is fictional but at least the engine is real. it's basically twin Hayabusa engine which is popular engine swap in real life too

Meanwhile Tomahawk X engine is fantasy

I don't think any of the new rewards are a specific engine ticket, so it's lower odds that someone gets an engine from the normal roulette.
I mean, within minutes someone already found 2 of the swaps and one of the other engines, so...

So no new swaps for past motors, just a few new motors and more swappable? They really should make this feature better.

The VGT engine is a surprise. I recall someone claiming they have the Tomahawk X engine on the Aventador, obviously fake news, but I thought that stuff was off limits.
I've been hoping since the Suzuki VGT was unveiled that they would allow the hayabusa engine to be put in one of the Fiat 500's, something which has been done in real life. That or either of the Suzuki Swift models.

Last edited:
I mean, within minutes someone already found 2 of the swaps and one of the other engines, so...
I had an old ticket for a LS7-BRZ engine that got reshuffled in the update. Counting on luck to get a new engine ticket from the daily marathon would take longer.

p78
The 5 swaps seem to be well hidden this time.
The more new engines there are, the slower it is to find new swaps; people need to acquire the engines, rather than just swap cars to find new applications.

So far I see:
Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) - Honda S660 '15
Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) - Honda S800 '66
Suzuki V8-Suzuki-VGT-Gr.3 (Suzuki Vision GT) - Subaru BRZ S '15

Last edited:
Got the Suzuki VGT with my engine ticket Re roll.

Struggling to think of anything it could go in. Happy to try out a bunch of cars if people have any suggestions?

How do you guys re roll tickets?!
If you have a ticket for an engine you don't want, close the game directly once the wheel has finished. Your ticket will still be unopened that way and after the update it will have changed to another one. Just be careful the ticket doesn't expire.

How do you guys re roll tickets?!
If you don't exit the Gifts screen, and instead force-quit the game, the tickets are restored.

They will not change what they give unless there is a content update (which shuffles the table they look up to give the prize), but even then they only might change and will only give rewards of the same type.

Got the Suzuki VGT with my engine ticket Re roll.

Struggling to think of anything it could go in. Happy to try out a bunch of cars if people have any suggestions?
Cappuccino is the most obvious first choice. I'd suggest the other Suzukis and other Kei cars after that.

The more new engines there are, the slower it is to find new swaps; people need to acquire the engines, rather than just swap cars to find new applications.

So far I see:
Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) - Honda S660 '15
Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) - Honda S800 '66
Suzuki Unknown designation (Suzuki Vision GT) - Unknown application
No. Gt just made geting a new engine prty much imposible now. It's a clear sign for that. No more engines from cafe...ppl now have 1 max 2 engines to reroll, i remeber i had at least a few to reroll every update now i actually forgot when i even got any even old ass engine...

Last edited:
If you don't exit the Gifts screen, and instead force-quit the game, the tickets are restored.

They will not change what they give unless there is a content update (which shuffles the table they look up to give the prize), but even then they only might change and will only give rewards of the same type.

Cappuccino is the most obvious first choice. I'd suggest the other Suzukis and other Kei cars after that.
Found it. Another Subaru BRZ engine swap. The 2015 model this time.

Attachments

• 16826020589792357680444228104798.jpg
    16826020589792357680444228104798.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 218
Found it. Another Subaru BRZ engine swap. The 2015 model this time.
Maybe the swap idea comes from this car.

Last edited:
i find it hard to believe that a Hayabusa based V8 is heavier than the FA20. Some of those v8s weight absolutely nothing, apparantly anyway.

https://www.h1v8.com/maxi-v8---specs.html

Could you send a picture of the power / torque band in the tuning screen please?
Maybe having twin turbos and all the intercooler and pipework stuff adds to the weight.

Alternatively, it could just be a total lack of any logic whatsoever :D

Back