Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
Probably because the V8 is made from bike engines, which are very light, and the FA20 is a boxer engine, meaning it has two heads, double the cams vs. a normal inline 4.

A quick google suggests the Hayabusa inline 4 engine is around 190 lbs while the FA20 is about 400 lbs, nearly 500 with the transmission (not far off the weight of an actual Hayabusa :D). Even with the turbos, you'd assume the double Hayabusa V8 engine would weigh about the same, or less.
Well your numbers are off, but either way, combining the Hayabusa engines together is definitely going to add weight, plus double the intake and exhaust manifold runners, and everything else.

The FA20 is 377lbs, each Hayabusa engine is 200lbs, so already you're heavier before even mating the Hayabusa engines up. GT7 is correct in adding weight for the swap, full stop.

Makes sense to slow down the engine swap updates - it's been over a year since launch and there's more pressing issues to address, and we have a load of them now and they're not easily obtained.
Why would we want to slow engine swap updates? That's seriously one of the most fun aspects of the game! They are quite rare, and some of them make absolutely awesome cars to drive. I say we need more swaps!

What would be nice, is if the special parts and engines were awarded to better / higher ranked / more experienced players.

I feel like having platinumed, gold circuit experience, and nearly 100% car collection, I deserve to have a better chance at an ultra turbo or other special parts than someone who has just started, but unfortunately that's not how it works...

I run it, actually.
And I created it 😌

Heh, it seems peoples don't care anymore about new engine swaps because how hard to get them. PD also underestimate engine swaps for their game engagement. Surely they need to address this issue
yea i stoped playing first time from the game premiere....special parts and engine are esential for my taste.

Why would we want to slow engine swap updates? That's seriously one of the most fun aspects of the game! They are quite rare, and some of them make absolutely awesome cars to drive. I say we need more swaps!
I never said that's what we want. But it makes sense after a year that a non-essential component of the game slows down in intensity of project concentration. That's just the natural cycle.

I'm still waiting for a 2JZ swap for the AE86s...

We get 5 swaps each time right, and we don’t know what the ruf engine goes into - or has that not been confirmed? If it is confirmed my guess is the 2 90s Imprezas, or the 95 911s. That would bring us to 5 swaps

We get 5 swaps each time right, and we don’t know what the ruf engine goes into - or has that not been confirmed? If it is confirmed my guess is the 2 90s Imprezas, or the 95 911s. That would bring us to 5 swaps
The Ruf engine has not been confirmed. The odd thing is the only engine swap posted to Twitter since 4/26 (US Central Daylight time) was the Audi, released a bunch of updates ago.

It's also possible the new Suzuki engine also goes into the 2015 Toyota 86, though that is an assumption given the other engine swaps that went into a road-going (edit, since there is no Toyota 86 equivalent to the BRZ Drift Car or BRZ GT300, and no Subaru BRZ equivalent to the 86 Gr.4 or 86 Gr.B) BRZ also went into the corresponding Toyota 86 (and vice versa).

It is also an assumption that 5 will always be the number of swaps in an update, as that has been the case up until now.

Last edited:
The thing that worries me here is how long it took between Nenkai first tweeting about selling cars and it actually making it into the game. We may still have to wait a good while before this happens (if at all!)
not that long ? it was about 3 months, and since the selling car thing was too complex i guess this will take less, realistically hoping for the June update.

Working on building my alt account (very slowly) I just completed the BMW Straight Sixes collection by buying the 3.0 CSL '73, winning an engine ticket. Somewhat fortuitously I won the Z4 engine...

Tonight Show Fate GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Working on building my alt account (very slowly) I just completed the BMW Straight Sixes collection by buying the 3.0 CSL '73, winning an engine ticket. Somewhat fortuitously I won the Z4 engine...

Tonight Show Fate GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I did exactly the same a month or two ago, and suddenly had some pretty decent luck on both of my accounts. I re-rolled several tickets on my new account and got the Huayra engine, Enzo, 458 and I think the GT LM Spec II. Meanwhile my original account got an Escudo and a Quattro!

not that long ? it was about 3 months, and since the selling car thing was too complex i guess this will take less, realistically hoping for the June update.
One can hope, but part of me doesn't want to get hopes too high for a release anytime soon. The ability to buy engine swaps would really open this game up. it's just crazy that PD implemented it in a way that pleases literally nobody; not even shareholders, because they didn't even monetise them!

Why do you find the weight hard to believe? The FA20 is four cylinders. Meaning only the four connecting rods have any real weight. The crank is likely cast. Cast cranks don't weigh much.
The racing V8 on the other hand would have twice as many forged (much denser) rods and a longer forged (maybe even billet) crankshaft. Then there's the 4 extra cylinder sleeves, valve train, fuel injectors, spark plugs, coils and, wiring to support that. Intake size goes up, as does the exhaust manifolds. Then you can start factoring in turbo(s) and the nonsense that goes with that.

Yes, it would be heavier.
I thought it was NA when I posted that, cheers :cheers:

It still bothers me a lot that the weight distribution of a car isn’t affected by engine swaps. On lighter cars that receive a heavier engine from a swap, the weight of the car should tilt a couple of percentages towards the engine bay (usually the front for the swaps we have).

I think a lot of people would be surprised about the weight of different engines. And how nonstandardized measurements are for the weights. Some are dry, others wet, some fully dressed, others not. But something like the K20C1 (turbo) could be pretty close in weight to an LS7. A Gen III Viper V10 and a J series V6 might only have a 30kg difference between them, tops. Of course this is ignoring the support modifications, but PD is doing that for swaps anyway.

I think a lot of people would be surprised about the weight of different engines. And how nonstandardized measurements are for the weights. Some are dry, others wet, some fully dressed, others not. But something like the K20C1 (turbo) could be pretty close in weight to an LS7. A Gen III Viper V10 and a J series V6 might only have a 30kg difference between them, tops. Of course this is ignoring the support modifications, but PD is doing that for swaps anyway.
Remember, turbos and superchargers are made out of helium in Gran Turismo Land 😜

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Updated: April 27/v1.32; new swaps/engines flagged in bold

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Audi TTS Coupe '14 (!)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
  • R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes (Audi S1 Quattro Pikes Peak '87)
    • Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 (!!)

BMW
  • P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW 3.0 CSL '73
    • BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
  • LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT4-Camaro (Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 '18)
    • TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 (!)
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69
    • Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94
    • Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Aero '96
    • Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
    • Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16

Dodge
  • Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
    • Jeep Willys ‘45
    • Plymouth Superbird '70

Ferrari
  • F136F-458 (Ferrari 458 Italia '09)
    • Alfa Romeo 4C '14 (!)
  • F140B-Enzo (Ferrari Enzo Ferrari ‘02)
    • Ferrari F40 ‘92

Ford
  • Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • DeTomaso Pantera '71
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  • V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test (Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car)
    • Ford Focus RS '18
  • Voodoo-5.2L-GT350R (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R)
    • Ford Roadster '32

Honda
  • HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16)
    • Amuse S2000 GT1
    • Honda NSX Type R '92
    • Honda NSX Type R '02
    • Subaru BRZ Drift Car
  • K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Abarth 595 SS ‘70 (!)
    • Honda Beat '91 (!)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65
  • Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4)
    • Honda S660 '15
    • Honda S800 '66

Lamborghini
  • L539-Aventador-SV (Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV 15)
    • Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88

Lexus
  • 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19

Mazda
  • 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
    • Suzuki Cappuccino '91
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
    • Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12

Nissan
  • LZ20B-Skyline (Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette '84)
    • GReddy Fugu Z
    • Nissan Skyline KPGC10 '70
    • Nissan Skyline KPGC110 '73
  • SR20DET-Silvia-S15 (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Fairlady Z432 '69
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '08)
    • Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
  • VRH35Z-R92CP (Nissan R92CP)
    • Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-Spec '97
    • Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
    • Nissan Silvia Touring Car

Pagani
  • M158-AMG-Huayra (Pagani Huayra)
    • Toyota Supra RZ '97

Porsche
  • M97/80-911 (Porsche 911 991 RSR ‘17)
    • Porsche 911 930 Turbo ‘81
  • M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only seen in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Roadster Shop
  • LS7-Rampage (Roadster Shop Rampage)
    • Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera
    • DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04 (!!!)
    • Nissan Fairlady 240ZG '71
    • RE Amemiya FD3S

Subaru
  • LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)

Suzuki
  • H25A-Escudo (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special)
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final '15 (!!)
  • Suzuki V8-Suzuki-VGT-Gr.3 (Suzuki Vision GT Gr.3)
    • Subaru BRZ S '15

Toyota
  • 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

Because it doesn't work as of v1.18

Number of exclamation marks in parentheses denotes my comparative level of "what the actual" ness

To anyone found a new engine swap for the Suzuki vgt gr3

I imagine they will figure out a way to make the swaps (and S-parts) as expensive as possible, either you have to sacrifice a car to get an engine or there’s a rotating section of the parts shop that is much more expensive than regular stuff.

Best case scenario IMO there’s some kind of cool event or challenge that awards S-parts and/or engines for whatever car you complete it with and you can complete it as many times as you want with whatever car you want.

I imagine they will figure out a way to make the swaps (and S-parts) as expensive as possible, either you have to sacrifice a car to get an engine or there’s a rotating section of the parts shop that is much more expensive than regular stuff.

Best case scenario IMO there’s some kind of cool event or challenge that awards S-parts and/or engines for whatever car you complete it with and you can complete it as many times as you want with whatever car you want.
i hope they will just sell it on a new tab on tune up shop. for engine it will be ok if they will be sold at half of the car price

It’s what some of us were thinking Extreme might be. Would make sense in addition to having an “extreme” steering angle option for drifting.
yeah, right now the extreme tab is so underwhelming. just wet tires, some not so extreme parts, and new body and engine which more expensive than the car itself. lol

extreme should be engine swaps, and s parts. that's all. that's what i call extreme

Last edited:
Back