Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
Thank you very much and greetings
Another thing to consider is because of the SC430 engine’s fuel efficiency, the longer races will benefit a swapped Tundra vs a Tundra with the factory engine.

Race engines tend to sip fuel compared to road cars, my SC430 swapped Crown is testament to that as it can run the Tokyo 600 event at fuel map 1 and only use about half the fuel in the tank. :D

Which for context, is amazing fuel usage at that event.

Just won the new Honda engine and thinking of buying a brand new S660. How's it like with this engine ?
Same. I’m assuming it’s much better in the S660 than the old S800, but it is PD after all, so before I install in one of the cars I want to make sure it’s the right one.

Drop it in the Crown Athlete with full weight reduction & hi RPM turbo, you won’t be disappointed. The only other swap for this engine currently is the Tundra. Ironically the SC430 engine adds more weight & has less power than the stock tundra engine (fully upgraded).
I get 838hp with the SC430, and 688 with the stock engine, upgraded

Last edited:
I get 838hp with the SC430, and 688 with the stock engine, upgraded

Correct SC430 engine has more power if you implement aftermarket turbo and is an improvement from the stock engine but I’d certainly recommend the Crown instead if you’ve only got 1 engine to swap. I’ve got both & the crown is considerably better.

Correct SC430 engine has more power if you implement aftermarket turbo and is an improvement from the stock engine but I’d certainly recommend the Crown instead if you’ve only got 1 engine to swap. I’ve got both & the crown is considerably better.
Agreed on the crown, but that's comparing apples and oranges and not giving the complete picture.

It depends on what you want to use the vehicle for.
It’s not considerably better in the Crown than in the 4WD Tundra at LeMans when it’s raining. You can get 4 laps out of a tank and stay out on RH in the rain in the Tundra, but in the Crown you have to pit for IM or Wets.

Last swap has been found, with a little help from @Nenkai.
Absolutely ludicrous one this. What a choice.
187deed3d765-screenshotUrl.jpg
Speaking of Gr.3 Road Cars & Gr.B Road Cars, it utterly infuriates me you cannot remove any weight from them! Despite the full interiors with comfy seats and even infotainment.... in GTSport you could drop the weight to a smidge over 1000kg with these Gr.Road Cars, and in the case of this Alfa 4C Gr.3 Roadcar in GTS I dropped my own Alitalia livery as if it were a new Stratos and it was BRILLIANT at offroad rallying! (Even competitive with actual Gr.B online) despite it being RWD.

TL;DR: Awful we cant change the weight, they have so much more potential and usability just waiting there caged for no reason.

Yet another fine example of PD's pointless restrictions.

maxresdefault (26).jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had the K20 Honda engine for awhile but I can’t decide what car to put it in. The Abarth or Fiat is appealing because it’s rear wheel drive but I also like the EK Civic and Integra but then it might be fun to have a super fast classic Mini Cooper as well. Anyway, what would people who have tried those cars recommend?

I’ve had the K20 Honda engine for awhile but I can’t decide what car to put it in. The Abarth or Fiat is appealing because it’s rear wheel drive but I also like the EK Civic and Integra but then it might be fun to have a super fast classic Mini Cooper as well. Anyway, what would people who have tried those cars recommend?
I have this swapped into all 5 possible vehicles it can be used in and if you’re looking for absolutely wild, but not really drivable in races then go for Abarth 595 or Beat. Even de-tuned quite a bit both are a wild ride with the K20, practically untamable for use in most events. They feel more like stunt cars than race cars to me.

The Mini swap is fun, but can get kinda wild and a bit hard to control from what I recall, but didn’t spend much time toying with this one.

I spent a lot of time tuning and adjusting the swapped EK and DC2 and both are fantastic choices for it and much more practical in my opinion. I have a lot of fun with both and they can be tuned to easily handle and utilize the engines capabilities.

Heres a short taster of what to expect if you put it in the Abarth - hard to handle but great fun

I'm guessing based on the video thumbnail it's easier to flip ?
It is, ………..more so on certain tracks, i.e. – Le Mans and Dragon trail seaside on the sweeping downhill bends, its basically too fast for the brakes

***,its basically too fast for the brakes
Could this be what the Carbon Brakes are for maybe?
I once saw a video explaining they were not a lot of use, since they only cost more money, and don't make you stop faster?

Could it be that PD intended these brakes for engine swapped cars?

p78
I once saw a video explaining they were not a lot of use, since they only cost more money, and don't make you stop faster?

Carbon brakes made a difference on my K-swap Beat and CappuBino.

p78

below are set-up screenshots of my K20 Honda engine swap in the Abarth - initially when the engine went in, it would just do wheelies all the time, so i had to put 100 ballast on the front, this solved the wheelies but gave me massive oversteer when braking - i then moved the brakes 70/30 in favour of the rears - still a little bit of oversteer but very driveable - its very fast, but the braking is slow - I hasten to add I'm no expert so if you guys have any tips please share

screenshot 1.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg

Last edited:
For those wondering about the carbon ceramic brakes…the carbon ceramic brakes perform EXACTLY the same as both the Racing slotted and Racing drilled, regardless if the car they are installed on has had the engine swapped or not. From a performance perspective all 3 of those brakes are the exact same. The only differences between them are appearances and cost. It was that way upon initial release of GT7 and (as I just confirmed) today.

When I started the game the first several cars I tuned I only bought the carbon ceramic brakes from the Extreme tab thinking they were the best, but soon realized there was no difference in PP rating between them and the Racing brakes, just cost and looks, so I tested the performance between them on a few different cars in straight line tests at SSRX and there was no difference in braking performance at all. Only price and appearance are the noticeable difference.
Later on, several YouTube videos from different people where they tested these in various scenarios confirmed this also, though none of the cars I had tested or those in the videos were swapped cars at the time.

However, during the ticket bonanza after swapping an RX7 and tuning it to max power I immediately noticed how horribly ineffective the brakes now felt on the car, as if someone had greased the rotors and pads and drained half the brake fluid. So I made sure I had the racing pads/brakes installed. Out of curiosity (and a bit of desperation) I tried the carbon ceramic again in hopes for some reason they performed better here. Nope. Zero difference again.

I just tried them on my K20 swapped Beat at SSRX (ABS on) and they performed exactly the same as the Racing slotted I normally run on this car. There was the absolute tiniest difference in distance (what would equate to maybe 2 feet in real life), but that’s almost certainly a result of difference in my reaction time of hitting the brakes at the line on the track I was using as the starting point of braking to mark the distance.

below are set-up screenshots of my K20 Honda engine swap in the Abarth - initially when the engine went in, it would just do wheelies all the time, so i had to put 100 ballast on the front, this solved the wheelies but gave me massive oversteer when braking - i then moved the brakes 70/30 in favour of the rears - still a little bit of oversteer but very driveable - its very fast, but the braking is slow - I hasten to add I'm no expert so if you guys have any tips please share

View attachment 1255219View attachment 1255220
Here's my tune on it, got wins at 30min LeMans with it and didn't topple over.

Speaking of Gr.3 Road Cars & Gr.B Road Cars, it utterly infuriates me you cannot remove any weight from them! Despite the full interiors with comfy seats and even infotainment.... in GTSport you could drop the weight to a smidge over 1000kg with these Gr.Road Cars, and in the case of this Alfa 4C Gr.3 Roadcar in GTS I dropped my own Alitalia livery as if it were a new Stratos and it was BRILLIANT at offroad rallying! (Even competitive with actual Gr.B online) despite it being RWD.

TL;DR: Awful we cant change the weight, they have so much more potential and usability just waiting there caged for no reason.

Yet another fine example of PD's pointless restrictions.

View attachment 1254733
Not exactly in a good way, but this is the standout swap for me for the past year. I think it calls into question just how far PD can go with engine swapping given that both the subject vehicle & engine are fictional. Granted, it's all just code, but its still very peculiar.

Hey guys! Tomorrow is the server maintenance!
Can i reroll the tickets with the server maintenance or only with the monthly update?

Back