Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
I've received 3 of the same engine from 3 separate engine tickets.

Horrible luck? Or possible bug?

It wouldn't seem too bad if this engine had more swaps available.

1880a6ecdb122-screenshotUrl.jpg

Probably - but this is why you save tickets and re-draw them after a content update.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the advice.

I know it's in this thread somewhere, but there are many pages to sift through. Would I just close the app from the PS menu before pressing X, to save the ticket for later if RNJesus blesses me with another Camaro engine?

That's what I figured. Thanks for the advice.

I know it's in this thread somewhere, but there are many pages to sift through. Would I just close the app from the PS menu before pressing X, to save the ticket for later if RNJesus blesses me with another Camaro engine?
Yep. You can even do multiple tickets at once, so long as you don't leave the main tickets screen - which prompts the save. Just press the PS button, and close the game down (the steps are slightly different on PS4 and PS5, but whatever you'd do for your console to shut the game down).

Wait really ? How many horsepower does it have with the fully upgraded stock engine?

Naturally aspirated SC430 engine has 516 HP (820 HP w mid TB). Stock Tundra engine has 521 HP, full upgrade less Ti rods & pistons (688 HP w hi SC). I was speaking to the engines with no forced induction, obviously if you go with the TB on the race engine you come out better. The point I was trying to make is if you’re balancing where to drop the SC430 engine you come out better in the Crown. The stock tundra engine can put out a lot of power, the trouble with the truck is the weight not so much the power. Was giving my recommendation considering how hard the engines are to get; you can do a lot more with the swapped crown though the swapped tundra isn’t bad for the Tokyo rain event. Sorry for the confusion, I should have elaborated more!

So I've had the suzuki vgt gr.3 v8 sitting in inventory for a few weeks, tried to put it into my E30 M3 evo but the 'Install' button is greyed out. Anyone had something similar?

Probably - but this is why you save tickets and re-draw them after a content update.
huh - i didn't know that was a thing. so if i claim a ticket, and don't like it - i restart gt7 without accepting it, then save the ticket for after an update and it'll be different?

sjs
huh - i didn't know that was a thing. so if i claim a ticket, and don't like it - i restart gt7 without accepting it, then save the ticket for after an update and it'll be different?
It may be different (and if it is it will only be within the same type of prize: cars; credits; engines; invites; or parts), but otherwise yes.

You can also try multiple tickets at once, so long as you don't back out of the main screen with all the tickets in it.

So I've had the suzuki vgt gr.3 v8 sitting in inventory for a few weeks, tried to put it into my E30 M3 evo but the 'Install' button is greyed out. Anyone had something similar?
It's only been available for two weeks.

Can you provide screenshots of your issue?

Do you have the non Evo version of the E30 M3?

I do remember that the regular E30 M3 can take that swap, but not the Evo version. 🙂

Last edited:
So I have 2 tickets. One gives me a LS7 that maybe I would put in the DMC-12 for a laugh but nothing else. The other is for a Ford test car engine. The thought of a Focus with a race car engine makes me lough and cry at the same time.
So now I have the problem of taking those engines and hoping PD adds more cars that they go in or waiting for a update. Seeing as we just got a "update", I don't want to forget about the expiration date and have them go rotten eggs status.

So many wrongs 😫

So I have 2 tickets. One gives me a LS7 that maybe I would put in the DMC-12 for a laugh but nothing else. The other is for a Ford test car engine. The thought of a Focus with a race car engine makes me lough and cry at the same time.
So now I have the problem of taking those engines and hoping PD adds more cars that they go in or waiting for a update. Seeing as we just got a "update", I don't want to forget about the expiration date and have them go rotten eggs status.

So many wrongs 😫
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Focus with the GT engine is a very very useful tool to have. IMHO the best compact 4WD in the game, all things considered.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Focus with the GT engine is a very very useful tool to have. IMHO the best compact 4WD in the game, all things considered.
It legit feels OP on the Tokyo WTC600 race, saves you so much fuel it's not even funny, tire wear on the front tires is hardly an issue, and if it is you can just shuffle the throttle to the rear wheels to save them in the middle of the race.

It's possibly the best swapped car for that race, although I still think the M3 with the Z4 GT3 swap is more fun.

You do need to brake earlier than the AI but you rocket past on the straights
that made a big difference, i was cruising the la Sarthe 825k payout until rain arrived & i realised i hadn't bought wet tyres, but so more driveable - i added the car in a custom classic race and ran it by Ai, when passing it it was making a helluva noise with engine popping etc - loved it 🌝

Honda 2&4 SE75E-2&4 engine compatible with Honda S800 and Honda S660

edit: screenshots
IRL these cars were CRAP! I used to own one in Australia which I bought in 1965 new. The first thing I did was throw out the bias ply tires it came with and installed radials. BAD MISTAKE! The car wanted to leave the road at any moment and kept on trying.??? Back to the dealership; Oh, "this car is not compatible with radial tires" Back to bias ply tires.

Then, a small plastic grommet would slip out of place on the shifter mechanism on the transmission. This happened so often that I got it down to less than a days work to pull the engine and transmission, fix the grommet, and reinstall the unit back into the car.

The engine was redlined at 11,500 RPM but if I took it much over 10,500, the nut holding the drive pulley on to the crankshaft would loosen and fall off. Look Ma, no cooling fan or water pump!

The car invoked Shakespear every time I drove it, "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

This car had a strange drive train. The drive shaft went to a diff, that drove two chain driven articulated sprocket cases that actually drove the wheels. Kind of like two enclosed drive trains, one on each side of the car, that allowed the rear wheel to move vertically. Maybe the motorcycle heritage raising it's head again. Certainly the engine was a motorcycle engine with 4 carbs and headers, but it was woefully underpowered.

We lived in an apartment in South Bondi, Sydney, Australia. The car had it's own garage. But! Within a year, the whole car was a rusty mess and we sold it and bought a Volvo. Strangely, the Volvo had a heater core and a heater blower. The Honda did not even have a heater core?!?!?

End of Honda S600 story.

Yeah, I've got one and MAN, can you ever smoke'em at Le Mans!

Last edited:
IRL these cars were CRAP! I used to own one in Australia which I bought in 1965 new. The first thing I did was throw out the bias ply tires it came with and installed radials. BAD MISTAKE! The car wanted to leave the road at any moment and kept on trying.??? Back to the dealership; Oh, "this car is not compatible with radial tires" Back to bias ply tires.

Then, a small plastic grommet would slip out of place on the shifter mechanism on the transmission. This happened so often that I got it down to less than a days work to pull the engine and transmission, fix the grommet, and reinstall the unit back into the car.

The engine was redlined at 11,500 RPM but if I took it much over 10,500, the nut holding the drive pulley on to the crankshaft would loosen and fall off. Look Ma, no cooling fan or water pump!

The car invoked Shakespear every time I drove it, "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

This car had a strange drive train. The drive shaft went to a diff, that drove two chain driven articulated sprocket cases that actually drove the wheels. Kind of like two enclosed drive trains, one on each side of the car, that allowed the rear wheel to move vertically. Maybe the motorcycle heritage raising it's head again. Certainly the engine was a motorcycle engine with 4 carbs and headers, but it was woefully underpowered.

We lived in an apartment in South Bondi, Sydney, Australia. The car had it's own garage. But! Within a year, the whole car was a rusty mess and we sold it and bought a Volvo. Strangely, the Volvo had a heater core and a heater blower. The Honda did not even have a heater core?!?!?

End of Honda S600 story.

Yeah, I've got one and MAN, can you ever smoke'em at Le Mans!
Wait…did you own a Honda S600 or S800?

I won the P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3 engine) today!

I’m leaning towards putting it in the BMW M3 '03 since I already own it.
My other option is the BMW 3.0 CSL '73 which I’ll have to wait for.

Has anyone here experimented with both?
I would love some recommendations :)

Well the M3 already has a straight-6 which is pretty decent. I'd put it in the 3.0 CSL, since that car does not get that much power from the stock engine. Might be a bit tough to get the power down, but lot of fun 😁

I have both, the m3 is more of a natural fit imo but the other is more fun

I think I'd like to remind everyone of something I was told in this very thread, though I can't remember who said it to me. When you have a given car that can take an engine, and the range of possible HP doesn't really differ much between the swapped engine and the stock engine when both are fully-tuned - such as in the DeTomaso Pantera, which can take the Coyote 5.0L - there is still a benefit that I (and maybe others) have overlooked. It's how much torque you get at a given RPM, which can have notable improvements over simply tuning the stock engine.

I believe a notable example of this was when there was a Daily Race that limited players to the BMW M3 E46, and you could tune it within a certain power and weight limit. So in theory, all the cars should've been on equal ground, but I think the M3s with the Z4 GT3's engine had better torque, giving them a bit of an advantage.

I think the best way to illustrate this, is to examine the dyno graph (you can view it when tinkering with the full-customize ECU or the power restrictor) on two cars of the same model with the same HP and ideally the same parts installed, but with one model being swapped and the other having its stock engine. The aforementioned DeTomaso Pantera and BMW M3 E46 are good examples in my experience, but other cars may also be good for this experiment as well, such as the Ford Mustang Mach 1.

So yeah, there may be obvious benefits when you put something like a K20 in the Honda Beat or the Escudo engine into the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, but it would seem there are other benefits besides just having a higher maximum HP.

Last edited:
Back