Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
Listen to the people-

Bernie Sanders GIF by GIPHY News

Just looking at how it'll function, I think it might be beneficial to reformat the first post to cars rather than to engines, so that people know if the car they're in can get an engine rather than the other way round.

Or maybe both, if engines are still going to appear in Tickets and the Tuning Parts section of the Garage?

Good Idea... Maybe see how the first week pans out?
Gt planet gonna lose activity now that people aren't going Googling engine swap compatibility?

Time to open the tuner garages again!

Just looking at how it'll function, I think it might be beneficial to reformat the first post to cars rather than to engines, so that people know if the car they're in can get an engine rather than the other way round.

Or maybe both, if engines are still going to appear in Tickets and the Tuning Parts section of the Garage?

I think changing it to ‘Cars’ would be better as now that’s the item you need to be able to do the swap. Before it was ‘I have this engine, what car(s) does it go in?’ Whereas now it could be ‘Is there an engine swap available for “this” car?’

Hope this thought process makes sense?!

Curious if they will list any future additions in upcoming updates notes, or will they still be unmentioned and we " find the new ones"?
Will there be a shiny new" tab on a compatible car? Or they may start mentioning in update notes.

Added engines- xxxx, xxxx

New compatible cars - xxxxx , xxxx

I'm guessing swaps will still be available via tickets, so displaying both by-engine and by-car might be the way to go. To keep the OP from looking too unwieldy, the use of spoilers might be in order.

It should be easier to catch the new swaps now that they'll be purchasable. They'll still likely be permanent, with no way to put the original engine back unless it is one of the 2 cars that is both a donor to and recipient of a swap.

Or achiving/closing this thread and starting a new one with just the possible swaps?

These next couple weeks are going to be expensive. Not only do I have tons of S Parts to buy/install now, but making multiple variations of swapped cars means buying multiples of them for the few swaps I don’t currently have yet, and those engines for them, which some of are quite pricey along with the widebody modifications.
Currently sitting at just over 67M Cr. Let’s see what the damage is after all is said and done.

The Engine Swap Service and Ultimate Tuning parts section are gonna be awesome features. If the game allows us to potentially sell our engines, this could make me hella money, but lets not get our hopes up lol

I think For sure everything is gonna continue to appear in tickets.
I think is better to be alphabetical
"Cars - engine"
And then in every update
When we find the new swaps
You can
"Cars - engine one
............Engine two
............Engine three (new)"

Last edited:
Still holding a small basket .
If you can buy parts or engines ,what will be the content of tickets especially those ones that have parts and engines ?
You will be able to buy an engine or you have to pay the swap for an engine that you already have ? ( from a ticket )
Anyway whatever it is , at least will be in order as it seems .

Gonna laugh if everyone with a huge stack of engine tickets to reroll after the update just see them disappear since the game removed the engine tickets all together.

Gonna laugh if everyone with a huge stack of engine tickets to reroll after the update just see them disappear since the game removed the engine tickets all together.

Wait, where does it say the swap tickets are being removed?

I'm laughing at the ones that did the swap glitch 😂

Wait, where does it say the swap tickets are being removed?

I'm laughing at the ones that did the swap glitch 😂
It doesn't, but it makes sense to me if they're making them buy-able parts. Just speculating. Isn't that all we do on this forum? 😜

Yeah just for safety i'd reroll them NOW. Not like you can't buy the engines or anything after tomorrow 🤷.

I think best idea for this thread would be to make it cars with engine swaps available and ofc order by alphabet. Seems most logical imo 🤔.

Back