Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
Why, dont you need 100 corvette swapped miatas? They're fun

I'm sure I will end up more than the one I have.

And now that we will be able to buy bore and stroke kits I wonder how many hidden swaps will be found 🤔

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll include the option to sell our unwanted engines?
Indirectly, you can. An engine swap will get you, if memory serves, 10,000 Cr. in the "parts" line when you sell a car with a swap installed.
Yeah just for safety i'd reroll them NOW. Not like you can't buy the engines or anything after tomorrow 🤷.

I think best idea for this thread would be to make it cars with engine swaps available and ofc order by alphabet. Seems most logical imo 🤔.
That won't work as a reroll only potentially changes the outcome after an update.

Indirectly, you can. An engine swap will get you, if memory serves, 10,000 Cr. in the "parts" line when you sell a car with a swap installed.

That won't work as a reroll only potentially changes the outcome after an update.
I’m hella nervous to reroll or not hahah. I have 27 tickets right now

I’m hella nervous to reroll or not hahah. I have 27 tickets right now
You'll lose at least some of them if you don't either re-roll them on Thursday or just take what they're showing between now and then. As someone who never tried to re-roll, I can't tell you whether it's worth it.

You'll lose at least some of them if you don't either re-roll them on Thursday or just take what they're showing between now and then. As someone who never tried to re-roll, I can't tell you whether it's worth it.
I’d honestly take the risk for another free engine rather than another C7 engine lol. hopefully all roulette tickets stay in the game tho

Last edited:
I’d honestly take the risk for another free engine rather than another C7 engine lol. hopefully all roulette tickets stay in the game tho
If you mean the 6-star engine/parts tickets as a whole, as well as the chances to win engines or "S" parts on 4-star/5-star tickets, I'll take that. If you mean a specific ticket, that expires 30 days after you first get it.

What's going to be your first engine swap purchased after the update?

mini-ls-engine.jpg

Last edited:
The LS7 Rampage into the Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera because it’s the one I don’t have yet that I’ve been looking forward to the most. I also need another NSX GT500 engine to go into the ‘92 Type R and the Ford LM Test engine for the Focus, but both of those can wait.

The LS7 Rampage into the Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera because it’s the one I don’t have yet that I’ve been looking forward to the most. I also need another NSX GT500 engine to go into the ‘92 Type R and the Ford LM Test engine for the Focus, but both of those can wait.
Both a blast!!

The LM powered focus is a blast!

Either the Nissan r92cp engine into the r33 or the Ferrari engine swap will be my first purchase.....I think. Haha

Last edited:
Need the Rampage Shop Swapped Delorean pretty bad. Even if I detune to compensate for the lack of body roll/aerodynamics it's always deserved a supple V8 as its power plant. The game finally allows me to see (1)88 mph and beyond with this swap - as Doc Brown said, you're gonna see some serious **** .

Need the Rampage Shop Swapped Delorean pretty bad. Even if I detune to compensate for the lack of body roll/aerodynamics it's always deserved a supple V8 as its power plant. The game finally allows me to see (1)88 mph and beyond with this swap - as Doc Brown said, you're gonna see some serious **** .
Rampage delorean is a blast. No need to detune it, fully tune it and it will become the time machine lol

-swaps are prohibited for certain races, most likely for the sport modes with certain regulations
-engine swaps will discard the original engine and parts, even after it is fully tuned. like how it works right now
-engine swaps are permanent like the wide body

"Most likely" but this is PD. So the swapped Mini may not work in the Mini race. Type of thing. Remember they have had over a year to change the race settings for this update.

Last edited:
PD charging one hundred grand for labour.
View attachment 1259393
View attachment 1259394

Unless, PD are buying their engines from Ted at The Racer’s Edge.
Given the odds of winning an engine from a workout ticket once one gets to level 20 are 3.99% (2% chance of winning a 6-star engine ticket, 3% chance of getting an engine from a 4-star, which one gets 58% of the time, and 5% chance of getting one from a 5-star ticket, which one gets 5% of the time), I'm surprised it is only 100,000 Cr.

Of course, a more-valuable engine could easily have a markup of more than 100,000 Cr.

Given the odds of winning an engine from a workout ticket once one gets to level 20 are 3.99% (2% chance of winning a 6-star engine ticket, 3% chance of getting an engine from a 4-star, which one gets 58% of the time, and 5% chance of getting one from a 5-star ticket, which one gets 5% of the time), I'm surprised it is only 100,000 Cr.

Of course, a more-valuable engine could easily have a markup of more than 100,000 Cr.
Before the update goes live, do the swapped/normal engine prices relate to the new engine prices in the understeer shop?

-swaps are prohibited for certain races, most likely for the sport modes with certain regulations
-engine swaps will discard the original engine and parts, even after it is fully tuned. like how it works right now
-engine swaps are permanent like the wide body
so I'd rather to buy a new car instead of losing all of money that I have spent on upgrading my cars

Back