1682618350929505031095616296774.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 16826183705514653401352967910197.jpg
    16826183705514653401352967910197.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 24
  • 16826183854675773908442655699219.jpg
    16826183854675773908442655699219.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 26
Another Update, another day without an LS swapped wrx, or any pre 2017 models. Curses. Foibles.
man that thing would absolutely leap out of the hole with something like an lt5 :drool: the combination of that powerband and the awd traction would be amazing.

@Crawford1872

Thank you :cheers:

Last edited:
i find it hard to believe that a Hayabusa based V8 is heavier than the FA20. Some of those v8s weight absolutely nothing, apparantly anyway.

https://www.h1v8.com/maxi-v8---specs.html

Could you send a picture of the power / torque band in the tuning screen please?

Why do you find the weight hard to believe? The FA20 is four cylinders. Meaning only the four connecting rods have any real weight. The crank is likely cast. Cast cranks don't weigh much.
The racing V8 on the other hand would have twice as many forged (much denser) rods and a longer forged (maybe even billet) crankshaft. Then there's the 4 extra cylinder sleeves, valve train, fuel injectors, spark plugs, coils and, wiring to support that. Intake size goes up, as does the exhaust manifolds. Then you can start factoring in turbo(s) and the nonsense that goes with that.

Yes, it would be heavier.

Why do you find the weight hard to believe? The FA20 is four cylinders. Meaning only the four connecting rods have any real weight. The crank is likely cast. Cast cranks don't weigh much.
The racing V8 on the other hand would have twice as many forged (much denser) rods and a longer forged (maybe even billet) crankshaft. Then there's the 4 extra cylinder sleeves, valve train, fuel injectors, spark plugs, coils and, wiring to support that. Intake size goes up, as does the exhaust manifolds. Then you can start factoring in turbo(s) and the nonsense that goes with that.

An FA20 n/a long block weighs 377lbs according to Subaru, there is a lot more weight than just connecting rods....... The advertised weight of a hayabusa v8 is around 200lbs, You are wrong.

Probably because the V8 is made from bike engines, which are very light, and the FA20 is a boxer engine, meaning it has two heads, double the cams vs. a normal inline 4.

A quick google suggests the Hayabusa inline 4 engine is around 190 lbs while the FA20 is about 400 lbs, nearly 500 with the transmission (not far off the weight of an actual Hayabusa :D). Even with the turbos, you'd assume the double Hayabusa V8 engine would weigh about the same, or less.

Huh. Kind of a weak update for swaps (unless there are others yet to be found)
The Honda 2&4 being a swap into the S800 is pretty cool, though barring a new bonanza I'll probably never get a chance to try it out...
Hopefully we get the XJ220 engine as a swap into something like the E-Type in future updates!

Last edited:
I have a feeling some of the existing engines have new cars they can go into. Nenkai said that he was assuming that the 3 new engines he saw were all for this update.

Speaking of that, is there a list of "special" parts anywhere? Is that one getting updates too?
I run it, actually.

Last edited:
The more new engines there are, the slower it is to find new swaps; people need to acquire the engines, rather than just swap cars to find new applications.

So far I see:
Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) - Honda S660 '15
Honda SE75E-2&4 (Honda 2&4) - Honda S800 '66
Suzuki V8-Suzuki-VGT-Gr.3 (Suzuki Vision GT) - Subaru BRZ S '15
looks like this update has added Bike Engines as swaps. any other cars running Bike engines? might be a hint for the 3rd and final swap added this patch (as per Nenkai's tweet)

Found it. Another Subaru BRZ engine swap. The 2015 model this time.
how come it doesn't go into the GT86 too?!

Starting to wonder if that's all the engine swaps we're getting this time around... I can't recall the last time, if at all, it took a couple of days to ID them. I was hoping for some additional swaps to the Bonanza engines but they seem to be drying up. Hopefully with the rumoured introduction of the ability to buy engines in the near future comes the ability to sell engines to... think quite a few of us will be rolling in credits if that's the case!

Starting to wonder if that's all the engine swaps we're getting this time around... I can't recall the last time, if at all, it took a couple of days to ID them. I was hoping for some additional swaps to the Bonanza engines but they seem to be drying up. Hopefully with the rumoured introduction of the ability to buy engines in the near future comes the ability to sell engines to... think quite a few of us will be rolling in credits if that's the case!
Previously the extra menu books would give an engine swap ticket which would increase the chance of someone getting a new one. Also the more engines available means the less likely you are to get any specific engine in a ticket

That's a good shout! Unfortunately I cannot confirm having already bunged it into my BRZ 😅
What's the max HP you can get it to after turbo etc., or is it even uphradable
An FA20 n/a long block weighs 377lbs according to Subaru, there is a lot more weight than just connecting rods....... The advertised weight of a hayabusa v8 is around 200lbs, You are wrong.
Dude, EACH Hayabusa engine weighs around 200 pounds. You need two of them to make a V8, plus a bunch of other stuff that needs to be added to combine them. It is definitely going to be heavier than the FA20, not doubt about it.

Back