Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,595 comments
Here it goes and no, it doesn't fit any other GTR except from the 2017 Nismo obviously. Here's a list of the Nissan's that I have tried:

View attachment 1143282View attachment 1143283

So, here's the list updated with all the suggestions from you guys and also some random that I wanted to try.

So far... Only swap allowed is the Nissan 180SX Type X '96.

20220427_162146.jpg
20220427_162212.jpg
20220427_162531.jpg

I'm missing the Silvia K's to try also

These engine swaps are nice and all, but it seems like most of them are fairly crazy swaps. Can we get some mild stuff? Like a GR Yaris engine for the AE86?
Agreed.
GT does not have the drivetrain conversion and tire width upgrade options that Forza does, so I think the crazy engine swaps on some cars are not compatible with the current tuning system.

It would be great if they could add engines with more modest specs and swappable to more cars and make it a part that can be purchased at any time or lower rarity content that is more readily available in the roulette.
For example, Ford 2.3 Ecoboost, Honda B18C, VW 2.0 TSI, etc.

You're doing us all a huge solid trying all these different cars for us! Thanks for your effort and congratulations on winning such a cool engine
This community has helped me a lot. First time doing this, I think it's time to give back a little. Specially when this engines are so hard to find right now...

That roulette chances are ridiculous 🤣

This community has helped me a lot. First time doing this, I think it's time to give back a little. Specially when this engines are so hard to find right now...

That roulette chances are ridiculous 🤣
Haha that's fair

I took the liberty of sharing your screenshot over on the Gran Turismo subreddit, immediately people are whinging about not having won an engine yet 😒 In the comments of my post I did the math to work out the likelihood of winning an engine after x-amount of months assuming you complete the daily workout every day (1 month being roughly 30 roulette spins) based off the stats/samples found here. As it stands the chances are;
  • 34% chance after 1 month / 30 roulette spins
  • 56% chance after 2 months / 60 spins
  • 71% after 3 months / 90 spins
  • 92% after 6 months
  • 99.3% after a year
On the site it's mentioned ~ 12 and 15 as being a low sample size, but to be fair even a sample size of ~100 for the 3/4 star tickets is a little bit low. We also don't know if any bias existed in the collection of these stats (i.e. did people only choose to share their results if they won? Or slowly became bored of sharing results when they weren't getting anything interesting?) With these things considered there's still a wide margin for error in my opinion.

Personally I kind of like the idea of keeping these things exclusive else they would just be another boring/overused tuning part. I think the chances could be increased though... I'd like to have at least a couple of engine swaps after 6 months as opposed to probably just 1 if I play every day lol. For example, if the chance of winning an engine were tripled from what it is currently the probability of winning an engine after a month worth of spins would increase from 34% to 72%. I think numbers like this would be less of a source of frustration while still maintaining the same excitement when you actually do win one... That excitement would be lost if you can just "go buy an engine" from the tuning shop, so I do prefer it this way...

Last edited:
So, here's the list updated with all the suggestions from you guys and also some random that I wanted to try.

So far... Only swap allowed is the Nissan 180SX Type X '96.

View attachment 1143519View attachment 1143520View attachment 1143521

I'm missing the Silvia K's to try also
Ok people, so no BRZ/86, neither the new Z... also tried a bunch on old Mustangs, Evos, Miatas, Imprezas, even the Shelby GT350...

Nothing. Just the 180SX compatible so far. Here the pictures.

20220427_225758.jpg
20220427_225909.jpg

Just the 180SX compatible so far. Here the pictures.
That will be an absulote beast to drive.

SO we have 4 new swaps

BMW
P65B44-Z4 -> BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
LS9 -> Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

Nissan

VR38DETT-GT-R-Nisme -> Nissan 180SX Type X

LS7 BRZ (Chevy??) -> Silvia Q's (S13) '88

edit because of 4th engine swap

Last edited:
p78

SO we have 3 new swaps

Nissan

BMW
P65B44-Z4 -> BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
4 new swaps.

There's the BRZ drift car engine as well. Not sure what it goes in to though

p78

SO we have 4 new swaps

BMW
P65B44-Z4 -> BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet

Nissan

LS7 BRZ (Chevy??) -> Silvia Q's (S13) '88

edit because of 4th engine swap
Ls7 brz is from subaru brz falken turn drift car

Does anybody know what cars are compatible with the GT3 Z4 engine?

Just saw the post above ---> M3 '03

thx

Last edited:
Back