Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
If you figure anything out, please let me know. This thing is a basket case.
I only really used the car for roll racing until recently. Still tweaking track tunes but I think this is a fairly "safe" tune.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220419124130.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220419124130.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20220419124217.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220419124217.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 46
I only really used the car for roll racing until recently. Still tweaking track tunes but I think this is a fairly "safe" tune.
I will definitely try this out when I play next, having internet troubles which is keeping me off. Love online only. Thank you for posting this.

I’ve just raced a dude with a Tomahawk V10 in an Aventador SV.

He said it had 2586 HP and he destroyed everyone in the SSRX roll race lobby I was in.

Felt like I was back in GT5 mod scene when you could swap any engine into any car!

Would be good if a sileighty was compatible
Yeah the whole engine compatibility thing is just mind blowing and not in a good way. Cars that are almost the same like the two s13 Silvias not all being able to be sr swapped as an example or the K20c1 not going in the dc2 aswell. Then theres the LT1 only going in one car and that being the MX5... If the LT1 was to only go in one car but that car was an older Camero or 'vette that would suck but it would at least be understandable, if someone could explain to me why the one car it goes in is an mx5 id love to hear it :D, would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that decision was made hehe.

Speaking of which most of the engines just seemingly having one car to swap in means they might as well have just made it so you win the car with the engine already in it, it really takes away from the uniqueness, but hopefully an update sorts this.

Last edited:
I got my first engine swap from the daily ticket today. Ford Coyote 5.0L. I'll throw it into my Mach 1 '71 later tonight, but not sure what to expect. Didn't really see any youtube videos of it listed.

I got my first engine swap from the daily ticket today. Ford Coyote 5.0L. I'll throw it into my Mach 1 '71 later tonight, but not sure what to expect. Didn't really see any youtube videos of it listed.
I've done it and i'm loving it! Only drawback is the 5 speed transmission but the power and sound is sick 😃

I would love to share my Porsche-Sambabus tuning but I can't fully remove the violent snap oversteer it has,
Maybe it's a quirk of it being rear engined or something?

Or having too much power
Well, I mean it's true
The stock Porsche engine has at least 225hp more than the original Sambabus :lol: but I wonder if there's a way to mitigate the bus's sketchiness a little bit without sacrificing too much power...

Last edited:
Been surprising a few with mine but still need to work on it... Getting up to 250mph

My drag tune will do 260mph. Track tune with down force is about 235-240mph. Very fun car to drive but takes a lot of wheel time to be able to adapt to the insanity lol. I won my engine the first week playing the game so I've had some time. Let me know if you want drag tune.

Last edited:
My drag tune will do 260mph. Track tune with down force is about 235-240mph. Very fun car to drive but takes a lot of wheel time to be able to adapt to the insanity lol. I won my engine the first week playing the game so I've had some time. Let me know if you want drag tune.

I've been working on it today and had a great race with a ZL1. I've been hitting 242 without NOS.

If you could share it'll be greatly appreciated...I can see where I'm not getting it right as it's now spinning the rears in 4th gear too 🤣🙈

I've been working on it today and had a great race with a ZL1. I've been hitting 242 without NOS.

If you could share it'll be greatly appreciated...I can see where I'm not getting it right as it's now spinning the rears in 4th gear too 🤣🙈
Nice man that's pretty good. This tune does 261mph, a little higher down hill...I haven't tried NOS yet. You could change the toe angles to 0 if you want...i just haven't bothered changing it. I checked out your vids launching from dig...1st through 3rd seemed really tall to account for wheel spin I'm guessing? My tune is realllly hard to launch from a dig but damn good at rolls 60mph+. It shines launching from 3rd at 80mph. Mine spins in 4th too lol the only way to help that is ballast. I see a lot of top speed tunes using heavy wets up front...haven't tried it yet myself.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220422151436.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220422151436.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20220422151511.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220422151511.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Nice man that's pretty good. This tune does 261mph, a little higher down hill...I haven't tried NOS yet. You could change the toe angles to 0 if you want...i just haven't bothered changing it. I checked out your vids launching from dig...1st through 3rd seemed really tall to account for wheel spin I'm guessing? My tune is realllly hard to launch from a dig but damn good at rolls 60mph+. It shines launching from 3rd at 80mph. Mine spins in 4th too lol the only way to help that is ballast. I see a lot of top speed tunes using heavy wets up front...haven't tried it yet myself.

Thanks man... I'll give it a try tomoz 👌🏽

Finally won an engine. Got the Ford coyote. Anyone tune a Mach I with the coyote engine?

Still saving up my tickets. Heard something about a possible update soon on changes of chances? Thought I heard SuperGT mentioned it on a video.

A New Engine worth a Million on a roulette ticket.

Does anyone know whats the best car to go with it yet ?
I'd cut off my right hand pinkie finger with an axe to win this engine.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Finally got my first engine swap and it’s the hellcat engine sad :( actually stinks I got this engine. Have nothing to put it in and the the R/T 70 hasn’t been available in the LCD yet. I wanted the R26B or the LT1 for funny Mazda memes

Last edited:
Finally got my first engine swap and it’s the hellcat engine sad :( actually stinks I got this engine. Have nothing to put it in and the the R/T 70 hasn’t been available in the LCD yet. I wanted the R26B or the LT1 for funny Mazda memes
I wouldn't be surprised if they make the Dodge Super Bee and Plymouth Super Bird compatible with the hellcat engine in the future.

Gave this a quick shot today where on the back straight it's a steady 242mph again...Seems like this little rocket doesn't want to push for me at the moment...The gearing seems to be ok though and the only way I've been able to counter the wheel spinning is by half throttle on the change.

I see where I went wrong and now getting over 250 now...Thanks man, I'm going to see where I can go a bit further with this now

Last edited:
Gave this a quick shot today where on the back straight it's a steady 242mph again...Seems like this little rocket doesn't want to push for me at the moment...The gearing seems to be ok though and the only way I've been able to counter the wheel spinning is by half throttle on the change.

I see where I went wrong and now getting over 250 now...Thanks man, I'm going to see where I can go a bit further with this now
Hmm what is your downforce set to?
Are you on ps4 or ps5?

Latest Posts

Back