Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,648 comments
Since Gran Turismo (7) is a fantasy VIDEO GAME, they should allow us to buy any car and swap engines 'freely'. They may limit engine swaps due to size of vehicle engine bays but just ignore the rest of 'reality' to and extent, since it is a video game after all. I'd love to put the AMG Twin turbo V8 into an A45 or even a Golf! LOL!!!!

Whilst I agree, I also appreciate what PD have aimed for at least. I think they have quite clearly fallen short, but I don't think it should be an engine free-for-all IMO.

I also think that engine swaps should still have some magnitude to them, just not as much as they currently do...

For example, if there was an equal chance of drawing a 3, 4, 5 or 6 star ticket OR an engine ticket that guaranteed an engine swap then that would retain the drama and 'event' but not leave everyone who has a 4 star ticket pee'd off at getting another 5k pile of coins.

I've been playing since launch and have yet to receive even 1 engine swap reward. Engine swaps are an awesome way to take a low-ceiling road car and break boundaries to have it punch "above its weight class". I agree that engine swaps need to stay rare, but a slight adjustment of the weighted system for roulette rewards/RNG of stars should be considered for sure.

I'm also curious as heck to see what will be the new engine swaps that will come in future updates which they mentioned will happen since day 1!

I've been playing since launch and have yet to receive even 1 engine swap reward. Engine swaps are an awesome way to take a low-ceiling road car and break boundaries to have it punch "above its weight class". I agree that engine swaps need to stay rare, but a slight adjustment of the weighted system for roulette rewards/RNG of stars should be considered for sure.

I'm also curious as heck to see what will be the new engine swaps that will come in future updates which they mentioned will happen

I'm also curious as heck to see what will be the new engine swaps that will come in future updates which they mentioned will happen since day 1!
I was getting pissed off with it, since launch hadn't got one, missed plenty until about 2 hours ago I got the K20 Civic engine. Little ek9 now has 508bhp 🤣 things a monster but its wild, need to spend a bit of time finding the best set up for it. You will get one eventually, I hate that ticket system it's infuriating

A New Engine worth a Million on a roulette ticket.

Does anyone know whats the best car to go with it yet ?
That’s what I missed out on 😢. It was in my ticket rotation, but I wasn’t sure what engine it was. After seeing your post, I’m saddened. That’s the only engine I wanted.

That’s what I missed out on 😢. It was in my ticket rotation, but I wasn’t sure what engine it was. After seeing your post, I’m saddened. That’s the only engine I wanted.
Now I just get 5k in credits on roulettes 🤣🤣😍

It’s entirely possible you’ll play for years and never get them. Putting stuff like this in roulette tickets makes me think they intended to just sell tickets at some point.

The concept of a donor car is an interesting one. Imagine wanting to put an 26B in to your RX7, but the only way to do it would be to buy a 787B and then 'scrap it' for the engine and ancillaries to swap? would make for a great mechanic tbf.
Rotaries are like legos though. With a few custom parts you can stack them to your heart's content. So building a 4-rotor from scratch is really easy.

Last edited:
Rotaries are like legos though. With a few custom parts you can stack them to your heart's content. So building a 4-rotor from scratch is really easy.

Tell me you don't know about rotaries without telling me you don't know about rotaries 😂

I mean, it's easier than trying to make a V8 in to a V10, but it really isn't a stack and go. The centre irons are different, the eccentric shaft would need to be completely custom, the housings are usually billet for multi-rotor builds and so on.

But, I mean... Yeah, sure...

Tell me you don't know about rotaries without telling me you don't know about rotaries 😂
You missed where I said "a few custom parts". Of which there are plenty of because people do it all the time. I'm a multiple RX-7 owner, I know exactly how they work.

While this real-world vehicle tuning is fascinating, we have well-developed automotive forums already. This thread is just to log engine swaps in GT7.
Appreciate this thread and agree that ppl should only post confirmed swaps screenshots thanks!

Last edited:
Won the SR20DET today.

"
Nissan
SR20DET-Silvia - Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90, Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R Aero '02"

So what's the point of it being "compatible" with the S15 Silvia when that's what that car comes with? Seems kinda pointless. Would be cool if it was an RB26DETT you could swap in there.

Guess I got another roulette ticket I'll never use... not interested in the S13.

So what's the point of it being "compatible" with the S15 Silvia when that's what that car comes with? Seems kinda pointless. Would be cool if it was an RB26DETT you could swap in there.
It's the equivalent of being able to buy a brand new engine in the Tuning shop. The engines you win from the daily workout wheel serve the same purpose, with the added benefit of being able to swap them into other eligible cars as well.

FYI, if you win the RB26, it can be used to as a new engine for whichever Skyline it comes out of (if not all three r32, r33, r34) as well as being able to be swapped into the S15 Silvia. You are lucky that the combination you are looking for is actually possible in the game. Now you just need to get lucky enough to win an RB26

Won the SR20DET today.

"
Nissan

Guess I got another roulette ticket I'll never use... not interested in the S13.
Q’s Silvia, which leads me to believe the K’s will make very rare appearances in the ucd.

Edit: Or what poster above me said.

Last edited:
#blessed 🙏

1C8B65A4-22B7-49B8-929C-C28DF53BD2D3.jpeg

I was getting pissed off with it, since launch hadn't got one, missed plenty until about 2 hours ago I got the K20 Civic engine. Little ek9 now has 508bhp 🤣 things a monster but its wild, need to spend a bit of time finding the best set up for it. You will get one eventually, I hate that ticket system it's infuriating
I have this too. Tried to tune it up to 550PP for the Clubman+ races but just got rinsed. Need to find a useful tune!!

Didn't see anyone confirming the Hellcat-Charger being compatible with the Charger SRT Hellcat '15, so just wanted to confirm it with screenshots.

Hellcat Engine.png
Hellcat Charger compatible.png

Yes any engine you win will go into the car model came from, but it's the same as fitting a new engine from the extreme section of the tuning shop. You lose all engine tuning except for bolt on mods and it's only worth doing if you have a lot of mileage on the engine.

Basically using engines won via tickets in this way will only save you credits (if you car NEEDS a new engine), where as swapping them into a different model of car is special because currently it is the only way you can do this. IMO even if you have a car with a lot of mileage using the engines you win via roulette tickets on the same model of car they came from is a waste.

Last edited:
Yes any engine you win will go into the car model came from, but it's the same as fitting a new engine from the extreme section of the tuning shop. You lose all engine tuning except for bolt on mods and it's only worth doing if you have a lot of mileage on the engine.

Basically using engines won via tickets in this way will only save you credits (if you car NEEDS a new engine), where as swapping them into a different model of car is special because currently it is the only way you can do this. IMO even if you have a car with a lot of mileage using the engines you win via roulette tickets on the same model of car they came from is a waste.
There was a guy over on the gran turismo subreddit who won the 13b, and mistakingly installed it into an FD RX-7 thinking the engine itself was somehow more special. Poor dude, that's got to hurt...

Won my third engine today, this time the LT-1. So now I’ve got my 787B RX7 FD, another 787B, and this 🙂

I’m hesitant to do anything with the engines for now, in the hope more cars become eligible for swaps with them with future updates. The one I have swapped - the FD - is a real handful, and it’s going to need some serious tuning to get right.

Anyone struggling to win engines and special parts, keep playing and be patient. I spent a long time only getting 5k credits, and once I’d done the menus things started happening. I don’t think I’ve missed a daily workout yet. I make sure I put the hours in and give myself the best chance.

Won my third engine today, this time the LT-1. So now I’ve got my 787B RX7 FD, another 787B, and this 🙂

I’m hesitant to do anything with the engines for now, in the hope more cars become eligible for swaps with them with future updates. The one I have swapped - the FD - is a real handful, and it’s going to need some serious tuning to get right.

Anyone struggling to win engines and special parts, keep playing and be patient. I spent a long time only getting 5k credits, and once I’d done the menus things started happening. I don’t think I’ve missed a daily workout yet. I make sure I put the hours in and give myself the best chance.
I finished the menus a long time ago, still getting 5k credits. 🤣 In fact I have a 5 star ticket I was saving but I will cash it in right now as I type this. Let's see what it is.....

.....an invitation to buy an Aston Martin.

Boooooo.

Back