Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,648 comments
No an engine replacement is the same you can buy in the extreme tab of the tuning menu i believe!
yes and the gifted engine will have the same effect if its installed on the original car
removes bore up, stroke up, port polishing all the non reversible mods

yes and the gifted engine will have the same effect if its installed on the original car
removes bore up, stroke up, port polishing all the non reversible mods
Yeah but if you win an engine replacement you can't use it to another car that's why i asked to clarify which one of the 2 he won!

I really hope PD do this. Right now the choices are really limited, and biased towards JDM and US engines. For us Europeans there’s only the Porsche swap. Same goes for European cars in the game in general, but that’s a different matter.

I want to be able to swap the Audi 2.5 turbo 5 cylinder into my real life car (mk6 Golf R). There’s no Audi with that engine in the game, and the mk6 R isn’t in the game either (although I seem to remember the mk6 R being in either GT5 or GT6).

I’ve got a lot of hopes pinned on future updates!
A 225 1.8T from a first gen TT or S3 into a mk1 GTI would he a nice swap in the game.

Later M3, M5, 2JZ, LS etc into the E30 M3 goes without saying too.

Audi 2.5 into Golf R is a cool swap! RS3 engine?
What power is it running?

@DaveM-sport

My mk6 R doesn’t have a swap, but it is running around 440BHP on the standard engine. Loba LO4XX turbo, RS3 LPFP, RS4 injectors, big intercooler, 3” TBE etc, also Alcon 6 piston 380mm front brakes, KW coilovers, H&R ARBs and so on. It’s currently off the road having a full forged engine build… it blew a piston ring! 😬

Incidentally, my tuner - who does all the work on my cars - does actually have one of the very few mk6 2.5T 5 cylinder cars in Europe. He built it himself as a hillclimb car, packed with the absolute best bits you could ever imagine, stripped out, lightweight, DQ500 box, 700BHP+, genuine VW Cup bodykit. That’s the white one 👍🏻

Once my car (the blue one) is back from the engine being forged, it will then theoretically be ready for an even bigger turbo. Thinking Garrett G Series G25-660 / G30-660 for around 550-600BHP. It’s quite an extensive project 🙂

Attachments

• 002DEC9C-4546-4BE4-8EE5-E4CE65E77C77.jpeg
    002DEC9C-4546-4BE4-8EE5-E4CE65E77C77.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 91FA82B4-1525-4E7A-86EC-386949BBEEE9.jpeg
    91FA82B4-1525-4E7A-86EC-386949BBEEE9.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 29
  • E08DCB45-B6A0-404F-B036-F01E3280441A.jpeg
    E08DCB45-B6A0-404F-B036-F01E3280441A.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 28
  • 0483D3F4-D17A-4CBD-84B5-A4A8E906A7F9.jpeg
    0483D3F4-D17A-4CBD-84B5-A4A8E906A7F9.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
A 225 1.8T from a first gen TT or S3 into a mk1 GTI would he a nice swap in the game.

Later M3, M5, 2JZ, LS etc into the E30 M3 goes without saying too.

Audi 2.5 into Golf R is a cool swap! RS3 engine?
What power is it running?
E92 engine in the E30 would be 👌

But I love getting 5k credits for a 4 star ticket ... over and over and ...
I got lucky doing it at 12pm and scored me a 13b rew for the mx5 u might see me in it online a blue mx5 sleeper stock looking but max tune 853kg 500hp evil beast

I checked with the only engine I've gotten, the RX-7 one. Unfortunately, it's a no :(.

On a totally unrelated note, I don't remember '89 Miatas being this quick ;)
I got that 1 aswell

A neighbour actually has an early Miata with a 13b. Sounds and goes like a scalded cat 😋
Another friend has a 1.6 engine one that's turbo'd running 450bhp.

My wife's dad had a sunburst yellow one a few years ago. Was automatic due to him not having full use of his arm. Was absolutely gutted he sold it. Was full sure I was going to get it.
He gave me his old tractor recently but I would have liked the mx-5 :D

@DaveM-sport

My mk6 R doesn’t have a swap, but it is running around 440BHP on the standard engine. Loba LO4XX turbo, RS3 LPFP, RS4 injectors, big intercooler, 3” TBE etc, also Alcon 6 piston 380mm front brakes, KW coilovers, H&R ARBs and so on. It’s currently off the road having a full forged engine build… it blew a piston ring! 😬

Incidentally, my tuner - who does all the work on my cars - does actually have one of the very few mk6 2.5T 5 cylinder cars in Europe. He built it himself as a hillclimb car, packed with the absolute best bits you could ever imagine, stripped out, lightweight, DQ500 box, 700BHP+, genuine VW Cup bodykit. That’s the white one 👍🏻

Once my car (the blue one) is back from the engine being forged, it will then theoretically be ready for an even bigger turbo. Thinking Garrett G Series G25-660 / G30-660 for around 550-600BHP. It’s quite an extensive project 🙂
That Looks great. I've an E46 M3 and few other toys myself but got my wife a Mk5 GTI a few years ago. Running just shy of 300bhp but it's enough for front wheel drive really especially when have the M3 and stuff. Stops well though as have Cayenne S and R32 brakes on it.

Nose heavy? 😆

Actually it’d make a great swap. I’ve seen that V8 in a 1 Series IRL and apparently it was incredible round the track.
The S65 from the E92 is actually no heavier than the E36 or E46 M3s S50 and S54. Brilliant engine!

Search driftworks E30 M3 with S65 on YouTube. Has one built as a trackcar with then dct gearbox too.

The whole running gear of an E92 M3 from the engine through to the front and rear subframes, suspension, brakes etc bolts straight into a 2 series so it's a great swap.

Last edited:
A neighbour actually has an early Miata with a 13b. Sounds and goes like a scalded cat 😋
Another friend has a 1.6 engine one that's turbo'd running 450bhp.

My wife's dad had a sunburst yellow one a few years ago. Was automatic due to him not having full use of his arm. Was absolutely gutted he sold it. Was full sure I was going to get it.
He gave me his old tractor recently but I would have liked the mx-5 :D

That Looks great. I've an E46 M3 and few other toys myself but got my wife a Mk5 GTI a few years ago. Running just shy of 300bhp but it's enough for front wheel drive really especially when have the M3 and stuff. Stops well though as have Cayenne S and R32 brakes on it.

The S65 from the E92 is actually no heavier than the E36 or E46 M3s S50 and S54. Brilliant engine!

Search driftworks E30 M3 with S65 on YouTube. Has one built as a trackcar with then dct gearbox too.

The whole running gear of an E92 M3 from the engine through to the front and rear subframes, suspension, brakes etc bolts straight into a 2 series so it's a great swap.

Excellent taste!

I had a mk5 GTI before the R. Brilliant cars. Running similar power by the sound of it: stock turbo with full bolt-ons. Mine had mk7 Clubsport S brakes, they were perfect for the power and weight. Tbh I’d still have it now if someone hadn’t decided to swap lanes into it on a roundabout 🙄

I need to catch up with Driftworks. Last content I watched was Phil’s Murcielago. Didn’t he have an E30 with the M5 V10 in it as well? I might have imagined that 🤔

Attachments

• 69D194C5-5FC8-40C8-9A40-E38B30F21E88.jpeg
    69D194C5-5FC8-40C8-9A40-E38B30F21E88.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 18
  • D734345C-6B33-4320-9281-B1B06F536675.jpeg
    D734345C-6B33-4320-9281-B1B06F536675.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 19
Looks nice. Ours is DSG too so she loves it as can leave it in auto but I can still have fun with it and when on track. Next job is a diff for the front of it. Was fine with around 230-240 but it's useless now with another 40 or so added.
Screenshot_20220318-115212~2.png
FB_IMG_1647604267085.jpg

Yea, he has the Murcielago finished now. The M5 V10 engine is in his E46 M3. That's currently the long term project. Got a new 993 GT3 recently too and using that as his daily at the moment :D

Looks nice. Ours is DSG too so she loves it as can leave it in auto but I can still have fun with it and when on track. Next job is a diff for the front of it. Was fine with around 230-240 but it's useless now with another 40 or so added.View attachment 1125794View attachment 1125795

Yea, he has the Murcielago finished now. The M5 V10 engine is in his E46 M3. That's currently the long term project. Got a new 993 GT3 recently too and using that as his daily at the moment :D

Are you on mk5golfgti.co.uk? I’m guessing the fact you’re a fellow Brit in a mk5 means there’s a chance you’re on there.

Yes, even with good tyres there’s only so much you can get to the road. Mine would spin up in 3rd in anything but bone dry conditions (Michelin PS4S). A Wavetrac or Quaife will make the world of difference.

Yeah, ofc it’s an E46 with the V10! Makes all the right noises 😆

Looks nice. Ours is DSG too so she loves it as can leave it in auto but I can still have fun with it and when on track. Next job is a diff for the front of it. Was fine with around 230-240 but it's useless now with another 40 or so added.View attachment 1125794View attachment 1125795

Nice, I had an Edition 30 DSG at 340hp, what a car that was.

I'm Irish but yep, on the site alright. Same username I think. It's a shame the forums are dying out abit due to Facebook and WhatsApp groups but some of the UK forums still seem to be going strong 😎

I'm Irish but yep, on the site alright. Same username I think. It's a shame the forums are dying out abit due to Facebook and WhatsApp groups but some of the UK forums still seem to be going strong 😎

I’m actually a moderator on there, username AJP. Your username definitely rang a bell. Small world!

I haven’t been on the site for a long time. I should really head over, show my face, and maybe do some work 😂 Remember Hurdy and his mk6 R build around 6-7 years ago? Well his car was kinda what inspired me to do my mk6. I got a run out in his when it was officially the fastest mk6 R in UK/Europe. Built by the same guys I’ve always used, who did the white mk6 - Statller Power Developments. His car was doing 3 seconds dead 0-60 on VBox. Very fast car for the time. Mine in its current tune does mid 3s but it’s much more drivable with the hybrid turbo. So I kind of want to make sure that if and when I go for a full frame turbo it’s capable of making usable boost in the midrange. Anyway, I’m rambling here!

Like I said earlier, the mk5 GTI really is a fantastic package. And I’d say I had more fun in mine at ~280bhp than I do in the mk6 at 400+. Don’t ever be tempted to sell yours. They’re an absolute peach of a car 😊

Last edited:
Excellent taste!

I had a mk5 GTI before the R. Brilliant cars. Running similar power by the sound of it: stock turbo with full bolt-ons. Mine had mk7 Clubsport S brakes, they were perfect for the power and weight. Tbh I’d still have it now if someone hadn’t decided to swap lanes into it on a roundabout 🙄

I need to catch up with Driftworks. Last content I watched was Phil’s Murcielago. Didn’t he have an E30 with the M5 V10 in it as well? I might have imagined that 🤔
Actually he has an E30 M3 with an S65 V8 and DCT gearbox
AND also an E46 with an S85 V10

Seriously, was nobody in the whole wide world able to swap an engine into the M3 E30 in GT7 so far? I find that hard to believe.

Seriously, was nobody in the whole wide world able to swap an engine into the M3 E30 in GT7 so far? I find that hard to believe.
The feature is clearly unfinished. I hope when they do finish it they make it accessible outside of roulette spins. Considering stage 5 weight reductions, carbon prop shafts and ultra high RPM turbos are also locked to roulette wins I don't have much hope...

@DaveM-sport

Nice! Tell your tuner that you shouldn't have had engine malfunction though.

Also, as you climb the garrett ladder keep in mind that you are letting go of torque in the lower band. So only go as high as you plan to use the car is my opinion.
👍💪

Definitely excited to make the Beetle 1200 my "firm favorite," as I plan to have at least four. One that's entirely stock, one that's modified with the stock engine, and two more that will be modified with the two engines it can get. I know we get one as a prize car, too, but I don't mind buying a bunch - they're likely cheap, anyway. So I'll likely have a bunch with different sets of aesthetic modifications and/or internal modifications, or even different amounts of power/weight for different regulations.

I'm no expert at tuning, and havent played a GT since 3.

I got an LT1 engine a few days ago, and was watching this thread until it was discovered to be compatible with the ND miata. Immediately bought the Mazda, but found it really tough to use. Not sure if it will ever have a serious purpose, but if anyone has suggestions or input, would be appreciated.

I can hit 239mph on the Tokyo expressway straight with this build, like i said, not sure about this build or how to improve:

17fa441792210-screenshotUrl.jpg
17fa441534b76-screenshotUrl.jpg
17fa441352570-screenshotUrl.jpg

Definitely excited to make the Beetle 1200 my "firm favorite," as I plan to have at least four. One that's entirely stock, one that's modified with the stock engine, and two more that will be modified with the two engines it can get. I know we get one as a prize car, too, but I don't mind buying a bunch - they're likely cheap, anyway. So I'll likely have a bunch with different sets of aesthetic modifications and/or internal modifications, or even different amounts of power/weight for different regulations.
You get a trophy for having I think 10 of one car too so might as well if it's your favourite.
Looking forward to trying one with either engine myself too!

Has anybody got an RB26 engine and checked if it fits a S15 or old 240Z?

You get a trophy for having I think 10 of one car too so might as well if it's your favourite.
Looking forward to trying one with either engine myself too!

Has anybody got an RB26 engine and checked if it fits a S15 or old 240Z?
the s15 can get the 2jz and given that they had the fugu z im inclined to think if the rb26 exist as a swap, it would go into the 240z

I'll be damned if we can win the engine from the Shuichi Shigeno AE86 in the roulette. Looks like that particular car has the high-revving Group A 4AGE in the game!

Latest Posts

Back