Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,648 comments
I read through a few pages of this thread and didnt find anything about replacements.. Has anyone tried buying an engine replacement to find out if you can use the old engine as a swap ??Say you buy a stock supra for example and replace the engine will the old 2jz be in my inventory to use elsewhere ?

Last edited:
I read through a few pages of this thread and didnt find anything about replacements.. Has anyone tried buying an engine replacement to find out if you can use the old engine as a swap ??Say you buy a stock supra for example and replace the engine will the old 2jz be in my inventory to use elsewhere ?
No, I tried that with the Hellcat. Bought a stock hellcat, bought a new engine for it, went to the old challenger, nothing there.

It does say New Engine, but the description only says it restores the engine to stock. Worth the try though, I wonder what they did with the other hellcat engine 🤣.

A New Engine worth a Million on a roulette ticket.

Does anyone know whats the best car to go with it yet ?

Attachments

• 20220322_094749.jpg
    20220322_094749.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 71
No, I tried that with the Hellcat. Bought a stock hellcat, bought a new engine for it, went to the old challenger, nothing there.

It does say New Engine, but the description only says it restores the engine to stock. Worth the try though, I wonder what they did with the other hellcat engine 🤣.
i actually got a hellcat swap in the roulette.. I ust read description it says in like the second to last sentence this new engine also comes with optional engine swap service if matched to compatible car

Please correct me if i'm wrong but in the list on the first page i see motors with the cars they can be swapped in to right af the motor name. Is it correct that there is no confirmation till now that a motor fits in more than 1 car?

Please correct me if i'm wrong but in the list on the first page i see motors with the cars they can be swapped in to right af the motor name. Is it correct that there is no confirmation till now that a motor fits in more than 1 car?

You’re wrong. Read it again 🙂

...so, is it possible to get engine swaps by buying cars that actually have engines that you wanna swap into another car? I mean it makes sense, or does it...

...so, is it possible to get engine swaps by buying cars that actually have engines that you wanna swap into another car? I mean it makes sense, or does it...
No, not possible. It does make sense in real world terms; often buying a donor car is the best way of doing a swap as you get things like wiring looms, ECU and so on, that make the job easier.

But in terms of the game, the only way (to date) of acquiring an engine that you can swap into another car is by winning that engine with a roulette ticket.

I just won the M64/03-911, does anyone know if there are any other compatible cars beyond the two old VWs?
Ooof. Til now I thought each engine only had a single car it could go into. Didn't realize some went into more. Good luck getting a 2nd engine swap to drop.

Got another secret part, that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. High Lift Camshaft S. It was for a DeLorean (lol) from a 5-star ticket.
There’s a thread for these S / Special parts 😉

I already had won a Samba Bus from the missions, but when I saw another one in the UCD, I bought it, just so I could have one that’s stock, and another to put that Porsche engine into.

Noticing that engines of a certain displacement tend to max out around a similar amount of power. Don't think we're gonna see engine swaps that aren't already bigger than the original engine in the cars.

Noticing that engines of a certain displacement tend to max out around a similar amount of power. Don't think we're gonna see engine swaps that aren't already bigger than the original engine in the cars.

The Corvette engined MX-5s, 911 engined Beetles and Sambabuses and 2JZ Silvias seem to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
The concept of a donor car is an interesting one. Imagine wanting to put an 26B in to your RX7, but the only way to do it would be to buy a 787B and then 'scrap it' for the engine and ancillaries to swap? would make for a great mechanic tbf.

The concept of a donor car is an interesting one. Imagine wanting to put an 26B in to your RX7, but the only way to do it would be to buy a 787B and then 'scrap it' for the engine and ancillaries to swap? would make for a great mechanic tbf.
I don't think scrapping priceless Le Mans winners to build quad-rotor RX-7s will catch on sadly.

Aftermarket 4-rotors however, and that JUN Synergy 2.4L V8....

There are some incredibly interesting engines out there that don't require anything to be scrapped at all.

Shouldn`t need to scrap it but go to the tune shop and buy a new engine, then use the extra engine for a swap..

I don't think scrapping priceless Le Mans winners to build quad-rotor RX-7s will catch on sadly.

Aftermarket 4-rotors however, and that JUN Synergy 2.4L V8....

There are some incredibly interesting engines out there that don't require anything to be scrapped at all.

No, it won't, but as a mechanic that stops us having to pin our hopes on the sodding roulette shenanigans it may help.

Back