Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,647 comments
Won my third engine today, this time the LT-1. So now I’ve got my 787B RX7 FD, another 787B, and this 🙂

I’m hesitant to do anything with the engines for now, in the hope more cars become eligible for swaps with them with future updates. The one I have swapped - the FD - is a real handful, and it’s going to need some serious tuning to get right.
LT1 in the little MX5/Miata is stupid. Just, stupid. 850hp, and goes as low as 950 ish kg. Completely undrivable so far. I'll figure it out, at some point.

Seriously, it's dumb.

And absolutely hilarious.

Swap the engines, now.

Last edited:
IMG_20220414_202637.jpg

Ay. Swapped it to the Beetle I won from the Cafe.

Should have bought the used Beetle from the UCD and swapped it there so I can have 2 zero miles Beetles though....

apparently it does not, contrary to every field of logic
Except for reality where when you drop in a new engine your car doesn't magically reset to new everything. So it kinda makes sense.
So, I got my first engine in the roulette - 13B-REW-RX-7.

Any suggestions on what cars to try? Before I plant it into my Roadster NA...

P.S. Roadster Touring car isn't compatible.
I think its only compatible with the old Eunos Roadster.

Last edited:
Won my third engine today, this time the LT-1. So now I’ve got my 787B RX7 FD, another 787B, and this 🙂

I’m hesitant to do anything with the engines for now, in the hope more cars become eligible for swaps with them with future updates. The one I have swapped - the FD - is a real handful, and it’s going to need some serious tuning to get right.

Anyone struggling to win engines and special parts, keep playing and be patient. I spent a long time only getting 5k credits, and once I’d done the menus things started happening. I don’t think I’ve missed a daily workout yet. I make sure I put the hours in and give myself the best chance.
Still not had an engine and the 787b RX7 is the one I want. You should play the lottery.

I want a better motor for my Jeep, 67hp just does not cut it and max speed I can get is just under 75mph....

p78
Any news on engine swaps in the Sileighty?
I wonder if it is compatible with the Supra RZ engine? I know that will go in S15 R '02. I forgot to check what else it was compatible before I put in the S15

LT1 in the little MX5/Miata is stupid. Just, stupid. 850hp, and goes as low as 950 ish kg. Completely undrivable so far. I'll figure it out, at some point.

Seriously, it's dumb.

Swap the engines, now.

IRL I have a friend who years ago put a 5.0 in a Miata. Wish I'd have known him to drive that monster back then. It sounds nuts.

Seriously, it's dumb.

Swap the engines, now.
If you figure anything out, please let me know. This thing is a basket case.

So I won my second 2JZ yesterday and checked most cars in my garage before blindly dropping it into an S15 again. Seems it is really only compatible with the S15 (and of course the '97 Supra it came from). Love this new option, but it's beyond me why we can't swap this engine into other cars too, like MK3 and MK5 Supras, other S-chassis, BMW 3 series, Honda S2000, Toyota Crown etc.

Keeping this one stored away, in case anyone finds another compatible car or PD updates this.

/EDIT: gambling for these is honestly the most frustrating thing. I wish we could just earn these engine swaps in a normal, progression based way or straight up buy them.

Last edited:
So I won my second 2JZ yesterday and checked most cars in my garage before blindly dropping it into an S15 again. Seems it is really only compatible with the S15 (and of course the '97 Supra it came from). Love this new option, but it's beyond me why we can't swap this engine into other cars too, like MK3 and MK5 Supras, other S-chassis, BMW 3 series, Honda S2000, Toyota Crown etc.

Keeping this one stored away, in case anyone finds another compatible car or PD updates this.

/EDIT: gambling for these is honestly the most frustrating thing. I wish we could just earn these engine swaps in a normal, progression based way or straight up buy them.
Yeah something has to be done, i won 2 by now but a friend of mine plays since day 1 like me and haven't got one yet! I so want the 26b 😁

yup. Not being able to put it into other cars that it's a popular swap IRl is stupid other S bodies.

There's so many nice engine swaps possible, it really shouldn't be left to just a handful that you only get from blind luck!

I really want a Porsche powered bug. Only reason I am getting on the game. Do the daily miles hope for good ticket. Get a one star and 2k arrrrgggg.

A swap for the jeep would be great 5.0 fits. Jeep has been the most fun thing for me.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any new ones recorded?

Although if we haven't discovered them all yet, the remaining must be ultra rare... or? Everybody knows how brutal the tickets can be.

Last edited:
Why can't they tell us what cars they're compatible with if they're going to be compatible with something else?
Agreed.
PD may have made this decision because of the fun of searching for an unknown car and the idea that they want users to exchange information with each other as in this thread, but the limited availability of engines and the fact that we have to change cars to check engine compatibility and from the tuning parts list to Considering the hassle of having to check each time, the current system is more inconvenient than enjoyable.

I swapped my first available 2JZ into an S15.
But I still have some regrets about this choice. What if I had been able to use this engine in a car I did not yet own? What if that would have been a better choice?
Unless one day the compatibility of all engines is confirmed, this little uncertainty will continue to linger in a corner of my mind.

Back