Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Took all afternoon but finally got multiples of all engines. The LT1 was my rarest but eventually managed 3. First car swapped was my Beetle and I'm loving it. Quite the handful but so much fun.

...Wow. When you put it like that, exploiting this glitch almost feels like an act of justice.
Oh, just wait until you read this then.

The time it would take for a single person to get all unpurchasable parts (again, this is data from before the most recent update which contains Parts tickets and will reduce this value):
[Note: this one is an extremely rough calculation, because I'm not actually fully considering everything at play here. But the general size of the figure will be correct. Also, I'm just using an estimate for the unique part value because it would take too long to figure it out accurately.]

762 unique unpurchasable parts in v1.15: based on the coupon collector's problem, this is roughly 5,496 parts on average before you get them all.
And 1 in every 8 parts in the "Special Tuning Parts" category (PartsL) are actually Carbon Ceramic Brakes, which are purchasable.

(~5496) ÷ ((25% × 10%) + (3% × 10%)) × (8 ÷ 7) = 224,326 days = 614 years

Last edited:
Been grinding this for over an hour now, I got 15 of 17 engines, only need the Mazda R26B and the 1976 Porsche 911 engine. Still haven't "won" a Carbon drive shaft for anything?

What does it do exactly or is it like the CF brakes, and "cosmetic" only? lol

Been grinding this for over an hour now, I got 15 of 17 engines, only need the Mazda R26B and the 1976 Porsche 911 engine. Still haven't "won" a Carbon drive shaft for anything?

What does it do exactly or is it like the CF brakes, and "cosmetic" only? lol
It, like, barely improves your acceleration. To the point that you wouldn't notice unless you were measuring it. Which begs the question: why are they locked behind roulettes? Only Kaz knows...

ddm
Oh, just wait until you read this then.

The time it would take for a single person to get all unpurchasable parts (again, this is data from before the most recent update which contains Parts tickets and will reduce this value):
[Note: this one is an extremely rough calculation, because I'm not actually fully considering everything at play here. But the general size of the figure will be correct. Also, I'm just using an estimate for the unique part value because it would take too long to figure it out accurately.]

762 unique unpurchasable parts in v1.15: based on the coupon collector's problem, this is roughly 5,496 parts on average before you get them all.
And 1 in every 8 parts in the "Special Tuning Parts" category (PartsL) are actually Carbon Ceramic Brakes, which are purchasable.

(~5496) ÷ ((25% × 10%) + (3% × 10%)) × (8 ÷ 7) = 224,326 days = 614 years
Sounds about right...

Yeah, the Special Car Parts are on a completely different level because of how many combinations you can do with them, and also because there are over 700 of them.

600 YEARS

This is MADNESS!!!!

Please, someone tell me the name of the guy who came up with this. Anyone!!! Just a single name.

Sounds about right...

Yeah, the Special Car Parts are on a completely different level because of how many combinations you can do with them, and also because there are over 700 of them.

600 YEARS

This is MADNESS!!!!

Please, someone tell me the name of the guy who came up with this. Anyone!!! Just a single name.
Well, I know a guy who fits the bill...

Side note: if they expect me to wait over 200,000 days to get every part, then catch me opening over 200,000 glitched tickets. I'll do it, I swear.

Attachments

• kaz1.gif
    kaz1.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • kaz2.gif
    kaz2.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 19
Update

LS7-BRZ X 4
13B-REW-RX-7 X 4
LS9-Corvette X 3
2JZ-GTE-Supra X 3
VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO X 2
3UZ-FE-SC430 X 3
LT5-Corvette-C7 X 4
LT1-Corvette X 2
R26B-787B X 1
BYH-R8 X 1
K20C1-Civic-'20 X 1
P65B44-Z4 X 1
SR20DET-Silvia X 1

Well GN peeps. Let's do some more tomorrow. Oh it's already tomorrow 💤😴🛌

Last edited:
Update

LS7-BRZ X 4
13B-REW-RX-7 X 4
LS9-Corvette X 3
2JZ-GTE-Supra X 3
VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO X 2
3UZ-FE-SC430 X 3
LT5-Corvette-C7 X 4
LT1-Corvette X 2
R26B-787B X 1
BYH-R8 X 1
K20C1-Civic-'20 X 1
P65B44-Z4 X 1
SR20DET-Silvia X 1
Wish I could trade the R8, K20C, SR20 and P65 with the 2JZ. So far I've only got one 2JZ.

Spent 3 hours playing Gran Pachinko: The Real Gacha Simulator and I got almost all engines (including multiples if can be swapped to more than one car). Only need 1 more Porsche engine for the Sambabus and I'm done. Will try again later because if I see another Corvette engine I'm gonna puke :yuck:

Not going to go for the special tuning parts because my copy of the game is dead set on giving me High Lift Camshafts every time :banghead: Even with an exploit this game STILL manages to piss you off.

Also need 4 more invites from Aston/Ferrari/Porsche/Pagani to buy a second copy to keep stock, but the game just keeps giving me Lambo/Bugatti invites :rolleyes:

Also thinking of hoarding engine tickets for future update's new swaps, but it expires in a month so we might not even get to use it :/

I love how everything Kaz/PD has done in this game to make it difficult ends up blowing up in their faces tho :lol:
  • Grindy economy > AFK script & Tomahawk exploit
  • Advanced PP system > gearbox glitch
  • Car invites > broken by one of the updates and they give us free invites for all
  • Roulette system > GT cafe glitch

Karma is so so sweet :lol: Next time just put the engines and special parts in the Tuning Shop eh Kaz?

Last edited:
I'm missing the nsx for the Honda ticket. I got my engine ticket just after the update, I've gone back in since the glitch was discovered, but it doesn't hit for me. Am I screwed without the Honda? I really want me some engines.

I'm missing the nsx for the Honda ticket. I got my engine ticket just after the update, I've gone back in since the glitch was discovered, but it doesn't hit for me. Am I screwed without the Honda? I really want me some engines.
The NSX is in the UCD now, make sure you buy the 1992 one.

Spent 3 hours playing Gran Pachinko: The Real Gacha Simulator and I got almost all engines (including multiples if can be swapped to more than one car). Only need 1 more Porsche engine for the Sambabus and I'm done. Will try again later because if I see another Corvette engine I'm gonna puke :yuck:

Not going to go for the special tuning parts because my copy of the game is dead set on giving me High Lift Camshafts every time :banghead: Even with an exploit this game STILL manages to piss you off.

Also need 4 more invites from Aston/Ferrari/Porsche/Pagani to buy a second copy to keep stock, but the game just keeps giving me Lambo/Bugatti invites :rolleyes:

Also thinking of hoarding engine tickets for future update's new swaps, but it expires in a month so we might not even get to use it :/

I love how everything Kaz/PD has done in this game to make it difficult ends up blowing up in their faces tho :lol:
  • Grindy economy > AFK script & Tomahawk exploit
  • Advanced PP system > gearbox glitch
  • Car invites > broken by one of the updates and they give us free invites for all
  • Roulette system > GT cafe glitch

Karma is so so sweet :lol: Next time just put the engines and special parts in the Tuning Shop eh Kaz?
Yeah it's kinda hilarious seeing these features backfired hard lol

Last edited:
Just got the GT-R NISMO engine. Just need the other Porsche.

As a side, I came across the Suzuki VGT GR.3 in the roulette.

Got enough engines to do all the swaps.
Getting more dupes tomorrow.

My guess this is only the tip of the iceberg. I’m sure we’ll be getting more engines and additional compatibilities. At some point they’ll probably add engine purchases, for now, let’s all enjoy this.

Guys... Don't despair for not having all 16 engines yet or backups... Keep clicking and you will get them. I got about 12-13 on average out of each of the 16 engines available. So don't worry, up until ticket 70, I had only 1 Porsche engine... At ticket 100, I had almost 10.

All 16 engines have been confirmed to be dropped and their rates are the same, it's a 1/16 chance for all of them. Just be patient and trust the RNG gods (at least this time).
I hope so, I'm getting sick of seeing various Corvette engines here lol I just need the 2JZ for all the compatible cars.

If the game would let me install all those ultra high RPM turbochargers on that GT-R safety car at the same time I'd probably build GT's first (safety) spaceship already. 6 so far.
At least I was getting plenty of 500k credits too in the last 1.5 hours. So kinda same time to credits ratio as relaxed Sardegna grind, plus all bonus parts. Should be 30k/minute on average to be as good, so 2x 500k per hour and the rest via 10k and 30k prizes should be enough to achieve that. Have yet to get 1m credits prize, though.

Last edited:
A few observations:

- You can also do it to obtain unlimited Honda NSX Gr.B cars, but nobody needs that.

- Contrary to popular belief, 4-Star tickets actually do seem to net a reasonable amount of credits when farmed. 500k prizes are not difficult to come by. Which leads me to the next point.

- Parts and especially engines are insultingly, laughably, obscenely, offensively, ridiculously hard to come by in 4-Star tickets. Combine that with the hundreds of cars able to get at least one unique part and it's just impossible to get even a reasonable number of parts. I myself have played every day since launch and got a total of 3 special parts and 0 engines. With this exploit I have farmed, like, 100 tickets and only got 3 special parts.

I really hope Sony and PD (yes, Sony, because Jim Ryan is a ****ing **** who wants to force PlayStation into this GaaS ********) sees all the fun people are having with this and decides to do something to make this stuff more easily available, because it's just ********. Hidden special parts are not new to racing games (NFS Underground 2 had them back in 2004), but what Polyphony did is just nuts.

Imagine if this game sold these roulettes. Imagine paying real money for something with these ******** odds. It's cruel, it's disgusting. And I'm sure Sony would've gone ahead with it if they weren't scared of the EU's regulations.

Those 4* pay-outs are turrible!
Just got suspension for a McLaren I won't use, a stroker kit for a DeLorean of all things, and another 30k....lol Edit: and 10k 🤣

For engines, getting a good variety but the one I really want (VR38) seems to be eluding me.

Last edited:
Just got suspension for a McLaren I won't use, a stroker kit for a DeLorean of all things, and another 30k....lol

For engines, getting a good variety but the one I really want (VR38) seems to be eluding me.
Have patience, it was the LT5 for me. It felt more like everything in between was the bigger payoff than what I was actually chasing.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back