Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Got another 1mil. This is crazy.

I need the GT500 NISMO, Z4 and the 996 engine for completion. Been getting more SC430 engines. I could start making a V8 Supercar grid or NASCAR Toyota with the Crown. :)

stonks gt7.png

So far I have got 4 13B, 2 LS7, 1 2JZ, 1 LT5.

Why so many RX7 engines :/
I got 8 R26Bs before finishing my collection :lol:

Seen as everyone had a load of fresh engines,
we did some engine-swap-required lobby racing in a discord I'm in:
  • 500pp (Sambabus, Mini, Civic, Integra, MX5 '15, Tundra, GR86 RZ, Delta HF took part)
  • 650pp w/ Sports tyres & NOS allowed (M3, GR86 RZ, Yaris, Silvia Q, Silvia K took part)
  • 750pp w/ Racing Hard (RX-7, 300ZX, Silvia Q took part)

Was pretty fun, even if the cars were quite widely different even at the same PP.
650PP w/ NOS seemed the best to me (but then again, the M3 seemed to be the best all-rounder and that's what I was driving :P)

The Mini tuned to 500pp was hilarious, it just threw smoke up out of every corner and ripped the tyres apart. :lol: Glad we were racing with 0x tyre wear!

Last edited:
So far I have got 4 13B, 3 LS7, 1 2JZ, 1 LT5, 1 787B.

Why so many RX7 engines :/
That's the one I can't seem to get a backup for! I have the one I received organically the first week of launch but haven't gotten it to pop up after 25-30 pulls...

Hit 4 Hellcat engines in five tickets, three of the Carrera RS, three of the Civic '20, and three of the LT5 Corvette. No RX-7's, lol

The credits aren't even what I want at this point... Just want as many damn Special Car Parts as I possible can milk out of this. Otherwise, I can say goodbye to a plethora of fully tuned cars to the brim until the end of this game's life...

22 Special Car Parts in 252 4* tickets...

Given that it's impossible to get a 4* ticket every day, in my statistics, 4*+5* tickets combined (which are the only ones that give Special Car Parts) only amount to ~27% of the drops on average. That's just over 1/4 of the total average.

So with my calculations, on average, you would get ~8...
EIGHT Special Car Parts... PER YEAR!!!! :lol: You literally have hundreds of them.

Oh, and that's not even taking into account that it's the parts we want for the cars we want and not some safety car crap or slow ass and boring Atenzas. AND also not taking into account the chance of getting duplicates.

Still, in my opinion, the worst part of the game after the lack of content/payouts and the inability to sell cars.

Last edited:
That's the one I can't seem to get a backup for! I have the one I received organically the first week of launch but haven't gotten it to pop up after 25-30 pulls...

Hit 4 Hellcat engines in five tickets, three of the Carrera RS, three of the Civic '20, and three of the LT5 Corvette. No RX-7's, lol
I'd happily trade for the LT5 or a K20, pity that.

So far no Honda or Porsche engines :/

LS7-BRZ X 4
13B-REW-RX-7 X 4
LS9-Corvette X 2
2JZ-GTE-Supra X 2
VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO X 2
3UZ-FE-SC430 X 2
LT5-Corvette-C7 X 1
R26B-787B

Last edited:
True. I “made” 3 million in less than three hours. However, it’s less stress.
It's less stress because we're running it ragged. :lol:
I'm curious. Did they just let y'all off the hook and say 'eff it, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'?
You mean in regards to the exploit? With how obscure it is, this only ever would have been discovered when the update was pushed live and tens of thousands of people are pressing buttons in ways not even the most seasoned QA testers would think to.

You mean in regards to the exploit? With how obscure it is, this only ever would have been discovered when the update was pushed live and tens of thousands of people are pressing buttons in ways not even the most seasoned QA testers would think to.

Appreciate the honesty, that goes a long way with myself and I'm sure some others around here.

By the way, just if anyone's feeling bad about using the glitch.

Some rough estimation with the pre-patch (because I don't have the new odds) ticket reward chances show it would take ~15 years of daily workouts for a single person to get every engine swap by themselves. :):):):):)
(So, without the new extra menus / engine tickets / parts tickets.)

(~50 engines to get all uniques) ÷ ((25% × 3%) + (3% × 5%)) = 5,556 days

Last edited:
ddm

Some rough estimation with the pre-patch (because I don't have the new odds) ticket reward chances show it would take ~15 years of daily workouts for a single person to get every engine swap by themselves. :):):):):)

...Wow. When you put it like that, exploiting this glitch almost feels like an act of justice.

Appreciate the honesty, that goes a long way with myself and I'm sure some others around here.
Unless you're implying that we, GTPlanet, are affiliated with Sony and/or Polyphony Digital? We're not.

Doesn't change any of what I said, but I wanted to clear that up in case you're under that impression.

Guys... Don't despair for not having all 16 engines yet or backups... Keep clicking and you will get them. I got about 12-13 on average out of each of the 16 engines available. So don't worry, up until ticket 70, I had only 1 Porsche engine... At ticket 100, I had almost 10.

All 16 engines have been confirmed to be dropped and their rates are the same, it's a 1/16 chance for all of them. Just be patient and trust the RNG gods (at least this time).

Unless you're implying that we, GTPlanet, are affiliated with Sony and/or Polyphony Digital? We're not.

Doesn't change any of what I said, but I wanted to clear that up in case you're under that impression.
Not at all. BUT, SIE can still apply pressure however. I guess it feels a bit like you guys have our back if they try and swing a hammer.

I’ve stopped for tonight and now I’m just putting 1 engine each in their respective compatible car, then painting them primer gray for quick reference for tune them later. Tomorrow will grind the 4 star tickets all day long.

Guys... Don't despair for not having all 16 engines yet or backups... Keep clicking and you will get them. I got about 12-13 on average out of each of the 16 engines available. So don't worry, up until ticket 70, I had only 1 Porsche engine... At ticket 100, I had almost 10.

All 16 engines have been confirmed to be dropped and their rates are the same, it's a 1/16 chance for all of them. Just be patient and trust the RNG gods (at least this time).
thorobr-rng.gif

Last edited:
ddm

I got 7 engines out of 252 4* tickets.
Each ticket is basically 1 day. You can only get 1 per day.

Only 4* and 5* tickets give away Engine Swaps.

4*+5* tickets rate drop (combined) is about ~27%.

If we use these statistics:

365 days worth of 4*+5* tickets would be about ~10 engines (the 5* has a higher % to give away engines but they are so rare that it doesn't even matter)
However, their rate drop is only 27%, so that is going to be ~3 (2.7) engines per year.

You have 16 in total. 16 / 2.7 = 5,9. So basically, 6 years to get 16 engines.
If we factor in amount of cars that can get engine swapped (the Porsche engine for example is swappable on two cars) , the stakes go much higher.

At the moment we have 26 cars that can receive engine swaps. That's almost 10 years wait.

And then, there's another huge factor... Duplicates. So yes, 15 years is a very good estimate, and shows how ridiculous it was designed.

AND this is assuming you are MAD enough to play every single day for 15 years... 😅

EDIT: If you want engine backups for those 26 cars... Well, that's 20-30 years... Hopefully you still like GT7 after GT12 or something comes out on PS9 or PS10.

Last edited:
Anyone remember sharing and trading cars in GT5? I can only imagine what that would be like now, with the bonanza meta... :lol:
Sadly yes. My brother gave me a '62 GTO that iirc was incredibly hard to come by. I raced the Hell out that car and somehow lost it. It took me awhile to even admit what had happened.

Back