Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I spent forever waiting for the BRZ Drift Car engine, already had duplicates of the other 15 engines. Swapped cars, got 3 BRZ engines… IN A ROW!

So yeah. There might be something to this. But it’s going to be very hard to prove.
I call this the "GTA" effect and thought to try this for obvious reasons. Soon as I tried being in a supra I got a 2jz . But I would rule this luck apposed to consistent. Because I have only got 2 of them, and I been trying this method for like a day now.

Can PD patch this?

Or can we keep going for eternity? 😁
they will need to patch this as quickly as possibly...and they'll know as so many people have posted videos on YouTube

Possibly the maddest engine swap I've done so far...

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220626160302.png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220626160302.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t even done anything with all these engines yet. Might stick a few in some cars later, just in case all our engines mysteriously disappear from the garage with the next patch…

Just want to say, If you're still looking for your targeted engines, keep going. I wanted 2JZ since yesterday and I suddenly got 4 in close proximity today.
I have 9 of them, but cannot get two of the three corvette engines at all. I'm 50+ engines in.

I have 3 Supra Plants but no K20 or 787B!

Anyway to do this without restarting the game?

Simply backing out isn't working. I know.... First World problems but the race is on.
Il swap ya a 787b & K20 for 2 x 2JZs.lol.

I just checked, mine is at 68/1000.
Are you positive they were unique?

Yeah mine is 100/1000 so it just counts unique parts
Thank you both! I have convinced myself the number is not going up even though I get new parts, but maybe they were parts for cars that already on the list, because I have noticed that they bunch together. Please ignore me, it must be my age

Last edited:
Sorry for the ignorance, what is the A45 AMG thing? I am after the porsche engine
Try using the 2014 Corvette C7, i won the M64 engine at first try. I'm after the mx5 nd swap 😁

Edit: Another Porsche engine using the F50

Last edited:
I feel like we should maybe add some info to the first post.
Like for example: If you get the ultra rpm turbo for the RX7, then you can fit that turbo on the MX5, if you have the swapped the RX7 engine into the MX5.
This also work for all the other engine upgrades. The Mini-Cooper can get the High Lift Camshaft S for the Civic.
So people should be warned so they dont waste their special parts.
There is a Special Parts (🤭) thread, but this isn't it. This thread is only for logging replacement/upgrade engines and what cars they are compatible with.

You can buy 2 rx7 and have to either get 90 one from second hand dealer or gold the beyond the horizon missions. The Honda there is 92 is second hand dealer now and others I already have so guess you get from winning old challenges. Toyotas are all to buy too. Sorry I’m fuzzy, only one I didn’t have was 90 RX7 and someone said to gold the beyond the horizon and that was it.
Is there a collected view out there, in which missions the cars in these extra menus can be found?

Here’s a link to the Special Parts thread. We’re working to update the OP soon with a comprehensive list of car-specific S Parts (big thanks to Hyperspeed980 for that).

In the meantime, have a read through the thread. It answers a lot of questions regarding PP and performance benefits of the parts.

Thanks 😊

EDIT: Full list of car-specific S Parts is now live.

Last edited:
EDITED AFTER RECENT DISCOVERY-

With all the info provided by the community, our theory of "switching between the 3regions\changing vehicle before opening engine tickets
seems to help in obtaining the engine your looking for after getting several duplicates.

parts are engine specific, but chassis specific parts work as well?

(Ex- CARBON DRIVESHAFT FOR BRZ S 21 IS COMPAT. AFTER 2JZ SWAP IS PERFORMED, BUT MAY BE REMOVED IF INSTALLED BEFORE SWAP?

EX. when you put that FD rx7 swap into the eunos miata, you CAN use the ultra high turbo if you scored one from your coffee runs, as well as the 5800$cr. exhaust for the FD rx7 you had from a 3 star you would have probably bought building your swap anyways. Alot of these parts have been sitting on our shelves unused for a bit anyways!

(which is ironic, we all know your rx7 exhaust system does not fit a miata without fabrication)

...and your 99% getting the invitation not the parts lol-

WE NOW HAVE MORE ENGINES THAN VEHICLES???!!!
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Can any one test out my theory. Certain cars give certain ticket prizes.
Currently the car i have gives either a car as a prize , 100k-1 million , or Titamium parts and loves to dole out Coyote and Rotary engines .
I've been changing the car every time I go to the cafe (to check if it has special dialogue) and haven't seen anything special.
My only pPorsche engine came from having a Capuccino selected 🤔

On Extra menu 3 which is the critical one 2 can be bought in the brand central. But RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 cannot.

So I guess one would need to wait for the used car. And then this bug will likely be plugged I guess.

On Extra menu 3 which is the critical one 2 can be bought in the brand central. But RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 cannot.

So I guess one would need to wait for the used car. And then this bug will likely be plugged I guess.
You don't need to wait - you win the car for all golds in the Beyond the Horizon missions.

I've been changing the car every time I go to the cafe (to check if it has special dialogue) and haven't seen anything special.
My only pPorsche engine came from having a Capuccino selected 🤔
I've received several Porsche engines while being in the CLK-LM. But, the 4* tickets have been very underwhelming.

The Escudo has dropped several 500k credit tickets, so I'm starting to switch back and forth between cars before opening each type of ticket.

Hey there guys, has anyone come across the 911 GT3 engine yet?

It’s funny that we each have different rare engines. I have 12 787 engines but in 80 tickets I have only seen 2 Lexus engines. I have like 9 Porsche which folks are struggling to get.
Same here, i got 9 supra engines, 9 Audi R8 engines, 9 coyote Mustang engines, aswell as 8 LT5's, 5 787b's, 7 ls7 brz's, 4 Porsche engines etc etc etc.....but..me too only have 2 lexus engines...and it took me from yesterday evening till about an hour ago to get them!!!! And I've been going straight claiming since yesterday evening with only about an hour and a half sleep plus half hour eating 😂😂

I have double-digit numbers of all engines; I think that’s enough for a while.

I’m very sceptical re the ‘car you’re in determines the prizes’ thing, I’ve been in one car all along and you end up with broadly the same numbers in the end, even if one engine type seems to be lagging the others you’ll have a little run of them sooner or later ( for me was the Sc430 unit).

What’s the real eye opener is the 4* tickets. Utterly rigged roulette; 90% is 30k, 10k or invite (the anti-prize, unless you desperately need one of the locked cars). Every 30 mins or so it throws me a 500k, so it’s broadly on a par with doing the big four races, though much less fun.

The cars and rare parts are few and far between. The cars are middling anyway (some people report having won Veyrons and Enzos but I’ve not had anything so exotic, best was a VGT, one with no cockpit view of course) and I’m not sure the parts are really worth the effort.

It’s nice to know people are having a bit of fun though.

I’m very sceptical re the ‘car you’re in determines the prizes’ thing, I’ve been in one car all along and you end up with broadly the same numbers in the end, even if one engine type seems to be lagging the others you’ll have a little run of them sooner or later ( for me was the Sc430 unit).

What’s the real eye opener is the 4* tickets. Utterly rigged roulette; 90% is 30k, 10k or invite (the anti-prize, unless you desperately need one of the locked cars). Every 30 mins or so it throws me a 500k, so it’s broadly on a par with doing the big four races, though much less fun.

The cars and rare parts are few and far between. The cars are middling anyway (some people report having won Veyrons and Enzos but I’ve not had anything so exotic, best was a VGT, one with no cockpit view of course) and I’m not sure the parts are really worth the effort.

Yeah I agree...it doesn't really bother me about what car I'm in...I spent all of yesterday evening/night and early hours this morning in the same one as I didn't even bother playing as I just focused on getting engines... But since I've been fiddling round with the odd car, it hasn't made a difference....

And I know right!!!!???? Those 4 stars are rigged deadlier than a jihadis vest 😂 was the same for me... mainly 10k and 30k....the odd 500 here and there, but not as often as every half hour or so....I've has some OK cars... nothing exotic, but some nice GT3 cars, there's been the RSR Porsche (GT3 version), there has been a couple of jags f types, the gr4 and gr3, then there was a gr4 McLaren 650sz aswell as a road version, there was the BRZ GT300, which looks awesome, but then there were crap like the hellcst safety car (had only brought it yesterday morning before I knew about the whole glitch), then there's the Mégane RS trophy safety car, a crown athlete (though I'm gunna lexus swap it 😊) oh, and a ****** BMW i3!! Which I already had anyways 😂

As for the parts ......don't get me started on those ****ers!!!....I've had nothing but ABSOLUTE *****!!!!.....other than the ultra high rpm turbski I got yesterday for the r35 GTR nismo, and the carbon fiber drive shaft for the veyron (which I don't even own yet, but I'm gunna buy it).......it's all been low jack crap.....and all low jack crap for cars I don't own....and mostly not planning on owning.....tis ********.....loads of semi racing suspension for multiple cars, semi racing exhausts for multiple cars, oh, TWO sets of carbon brake discs for the tesla??? What the ****??? 😂😂 ....a couple of racing cams, a couple of fully customizable computers, and a whole HEAP of semi racing suspension parts, like, loads, for almost every car that I don't have 😂😂....oh. Actually, I did get a stage 5 weight reduction kit....but I can't remember what it was for.....ahh. The charger hellcat safety car out of all things 😂😂....******** bro....********......but...yeah.....

I have built up a few really nice swapped cars though....I havnt gone through all of them yet as I want something to do tomorrow too lol...but I done a k20 swapped mini cooper, a r35 GTR swapped lancia delta (absolutely animal by the way, very fun), a rotary powered mx5, a coyote powered Mach 1 Mustang, 911 Carrera swapped beetle (yet to do samba bus), and a k20 swapped civic...which I love...oh, and a LS9 swapped trans am...oh...and...a...monster....a almost 1200bhp Silvia Q's (s13)!!!! Absolutely monster....very VERY fast ..very hard to control...you kind of have to let it control you...to an extent....but it's beautiful! 😍 😂😂😂 More to come though

Last edited by a moderator:

The odds for each prize listed on this site seems to be very accurate.

Basically, it's only a 1% chance to get a car worth 500k or more. 500k cr is a 4% chance, while 1m cr is a 1% chance.
Remember, everything that surrounds the prize you actually win is entirely fake. There was never a chance of getting them, and many of them aren't actually possible prizes (though this is less obvious on 4 star tickets, because they do cover just about every possible prize except for 2k, 5k, and 100k cr).

I've won a LaFerrari from a 4 star ticket, so expensive and invite-only cars are possible.

Has anyone made a list that is realistic as to what the swaps are with addition of suggestions? If not I complied a list of all the current engines, and what they go to, as well as some I thought they missed the ball with and would make sense. Hopefully this gets a bit of traction (no pun intended) as I believe it would enhance the game. I did not spend the time in this trying to put these powerplants in unrealistic combinations, let me know what ya think! (It may not be the perfect place to post this, but it's not a bad spot since it's a good community)

[ " -" denotes current swap while " ** " denotes realistic suggestions]

Audi
BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)

-Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
**De Tomaso Mangusta '69
**De Tomaso Pantera '71

BMW
P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)

-BMW M3 '03
**BMW 3.0 CSL '73
**BMW M3 '89
**BMW M3 '07
**BMW M4 '14

Chevrolet
LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)

-Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
**Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)
**Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
**Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
**Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
**Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
-Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
**Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69
**Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C3) '69
**DMC Delorean S2 '04
**Subaru BRZ S '15
**Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
**Toyota 86 GT '15
**Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
**Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
-Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
**Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69
**Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C3) '69
**Subaru BRZ S '21
**Toyota GR86 RZ '21

Dodge
Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)

-Dodge Challenger R/T '70
**Dodge Super Bee '70
**Plymouth Superbird '70

Ford
Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)

-Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
**Ford Roadster
**Shelby G.T.350 '65
**De Tomaso Pantera '71

Honda
K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)

-Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
-Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
-Mini Cooper S '65
**Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
**Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
**Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT APEX (S.Shigeno Version)
**Honda Civic (EK) Type R '97
**Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '95
**Honda S2000 '99
**Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
**Honda NSX Type R '92

Lexus
3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)

-Toyota Crown Athlete G
-Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19
**Toyota Supra RZ '97
**Toyota Supra RZ '19
**Toyota Supra RZ '20

Mazda
13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)

-Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
**Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15
R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
-Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
**Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
**Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12
**Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15

Nissan
SR20DET-Silvia (Nissan Silvia S15)

-Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
**Nissan Fairlady Z 432 '69
**Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71
VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
-Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
-Nissan 180SX Type X '96
-Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX

Porsche
M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) [currently unavailable]

-Volkswagen 1200 '66
M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
-Volkswagen 1200 '66
-Volkswagen Sambabus '62
**Porsche 356 GS Carrera '56
**Porsche 356 GS Carrera 'Speedster 56

Subaru
LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)

-Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)
**Chevrolet Camaro SS '16
**Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14
**Subaru BRZ S '15
**Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
**Subaru BRZ S '21
**Toyota 86 GT '15
**Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
**Toyota GR86 RZ '21
**Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

Toyota
2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)

-Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
-Subaru BRZ S '21
-Toyota GR86 RZ '21
-Toyota GR Yaris '20

I had the sauber c9 gr1 on my current car in garage and have been getting good car collections. Now I can go take my lemans pic for the trophy.

Attachments

• F58C3DA8-9DE3-4403-A062-790CCF81F973.png
    F58C3DA8-9DE3-4403-A062-790CCF81F973.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 82B8EA5F-1DE5-4B08-81C2-0E9C926CC61A.png
    82B8EA5F-1DE5-4B08-81C2-0E9C926CC61A.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 18
Back