Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I did not try mediums or softs. Figured if I can't get it to feel good on Hards which would be used in some races, it wont be optimal on mediums or hards either. I possibly have made the car too light for the power and available Aero. My main issue is on power oversteer, even on the high speed turns. Anyways, I don't think it has any chance to keep up with the RX7 build, especially not above 700PP
Can you share your build please?
I’ll share it once I’m home from work. My tune has practically got rid of the oversteer I can take the fast high speed turns flat out at Watkins.

I did not try mediums or softs. Figured if I can't get it to feel good on Hards which would be used in some races, it wont be optimal on mediums or hards either. I possibly have made the car too light for the power and available Aero. My main issue is on power oversteer, even on the high speed turns. Anyways, I don't think it has any chance to keep up with the RX7 build, especially not above 700PP
Can you share your build please?

Interesting. If it's not a hassle to you, I'd like to see that build too. Swapped M3 is one of my favourites right now.

So slight dilemma I forgot I went into the Le Mans 700pp race and changed my tune 🙃 the 700pp Le Mans tune runs 1:49 on Watkins. I can share that tune or I can quickly shuffle this tune up to be better Watkins real quick.

@GTboyz @pwrslide2 here’s the 700pp tune for Le Mans that runs well on Watkins Glen can swap to hard and make lighter or add more power. That tune I can run low 1:49 laps . I also have a 740pp Toyota MR2 V8 tune which I like to call the MR8. Along with a 700pp Toyota crown v8 tune. Both of which are faster than the M3 the MR8 significantly.

The Toyota MR8 runs laps similar to a GT3 car 😂 the crown is around a second faster than the M3 though it requires more work to achieve than the M3

Attachments

• 81D01AFB-FF85-4842-B860-7C8D4BE570D3.png
    81D01AFB-FF85-4842-B860-7C8D4BE570D3.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
@GTboyz @pwrslide2 here’s the 700pp tune for Le Mans that runs well on Watkins Glen can swap to hard and make lighter or add more power. That tune I can run low 1:49 laps . I also have a 740pp Toyota MR2 V8 tune which I like to call the MR8. Along with a 700pp Toyota crown v8 tune. Both of which are faster than the M3 the MR8 significantly.

The Toyota MR8 runs laps similar to a GT3 car 😂 the crown is around a second faster than the M3 though it requires more work to achieve than the M3
Thanks man! I'll try this later!

I think I found my main problem! you are able to achieve 220/320 for downforce while mine can only go up to 120/220
appears that you HAVE to put on the rear diffuser to increase available downforce at front and rear. Makes sense. Your tune has nothing odd compared to what I was trying accept for putting the weight forward which I guess I forgot was a sort of cheese to make there FR cars handle a little better for whatever reason.
I'll add the downforce and test my setup as well as yours and see if your setup does feel/handle better

I spent way too much time testing this AM on Watkins again. The Swapped M3 is just not as good as the RX7-787 which simply handles the power better. M3 is at 1:48:0 on Softs but the car does not feel very drivable on RH and is too sketch for a serious race IMO. Mediums are okay.

RX7 is doing easy 1:47s on RHs. Turning up the power at 750PP and on softs I get a 1:44.020 and that was a ittle sloppy
New best in the RX-Vision GR 3 car is 1:43.2 but would be in the 42 with a little more time after re-adjusting to the better braking and more stability than the rx7. If the RX7 had a 6spd transmission, it's be just as fast as the GR3 car for me. I know good drivers are squeezing out 1:41s on the fastest Gr3 cars with BOP on though.

regardless, amazing swaps. I haven't tried the Crown or the MR2 yet. I still need to buy a used MR2 when it comes around.

Edit: Ran another Daily and Qualy and bc the BOP hits the RX-Vision so hard, I still only do a 1:45 flat in it on Softs.

Last edited:
Porsche
  • M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
How accurate is this information? Has anyone confirmed that this engine IS / IS NOT in this game at this present time of July 3, 2022?

For those looking to get 4* tickets only..... It seems you can redeem the extra menu 4* after logging in or claiming any other ticket.
So, log in, claim your extra menu 4*, do your daily marathon claim, then go claim another extra menu 4*....

Can't exactly grind it but hey an extra 2 x 4* tickets per day aint bad, unless you've got other menu items still left to do.

Loving these swaps. Had the LT1 in the Mazda Roadster for ages the old fashioned way. Was hanging out for the bug, that's quite a hoot virtually does wheel stands on stock suspension. Now working my way through them all the LS7 Q-S13, C3 Stingray, and Eunos MX-5 are favourites so far. The mini is awesome too for a hoot but tears up fronts. The S13 is wild fun, fully tuned can win at WTC800 events. While the C3 and even the MX-5 to a lesser degree are awesome with just body mods and sports tyres, keeping on stock suspension is fun. So far tuned the MX-5 up to 600pp and it's a dream, especially with racing clutch for some flat shifting action.

P.S also cool that swapped cars inheret the donor engine car noises, like the start-up noise in the garage, and shift beeps.

Happy swapping everybody!

Last edited:
I swear I either must be doing this wrong, or the glitch works differently on a digital download for a PS4 Pro. I can get the tickets after launching the game, but the only foolproof method I have of getting more is finishing a race.

DK
I swear I either must be doing this wrong, or the glitch works differently on a digital download for a PS4 Pro. I can get the tickets after launching the game, but the only foolproof method I have of getting more is finishing a race.

PS4 Pro with digital copy user here; and works perfectly well on my end. Been doing this manually and with the script sometimes, but mostly manually. I’ve even stopped mid cycle, ran a few races or created some liveries and back again to the cafe for another session of button tapping and everything is perfect. Check your steps one by one, you’ll get it working all right.

I should mention that I was just getting the 86 and Rotary tickets. 😅

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
BMW

• P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW M3 '03
Chevrolet

• LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
Dodge

• Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Ford

• Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Honda

• K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65
Lexus

• 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19
Mazda

• 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
Nissan

• SR20DET-Silvia (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
Porsche

• M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62
Subaru

• LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)
Toyota

• 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

If you would recommend your top 3 engine swap cominations that one should look into, which would those be?

Was really glad to see that this hit the market before PD patched. Felt bad for the folks that were missing out. Grats to anyone who needed this!
Agree!! I had tried so much with the last mission on Beyond ... . Gave up. And felt like stopping playing the game when I was about to miss.

Just did LeMans 700 WTC Race with the RX-7 787 engine swap and it won by over 2:00 minutes. This thing is a rocket WOW 😳 😁

View attachment 1168543
What pit stop and FM strategy do you use?

When you do this with a script, how do you do that? A PC running a script, plugged in instead of the control?

DK
I should mention that I was just getting the 86 and Rotary tickets. 😅
You have to get the 86 ticket, open it, then go back and get the Rotary ticket. If you get both then open them you can open the two tickets, but have to restart the game to start again

...damn, that 2JZ is so hard to come by...
16 of those engines I got, there is no where to find the M96/76-Porsche-'01 as stated in first post...

...damn, that 2JZ is so hard to come by...
16 of those engines I got, there is no where to find the M96/76-Porsche-'01 as stated in first post...
Have you read full text? Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present

I have over 300 engines and 0 from that one. And it was stated before, here on page 66, that was someone with over 1000 engines and no M96/76...

I really like how usable the RX7 plant in the Eunos is - like the Nismo'd Lancia a pretty manageable swap, maybe even more so TBH.

Back