Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I now have nearly 50 of each engine.
I still haven't seen a single ultra high rpm turbo for the R26B or the VR38DETT, or even a High RPM Supercharger S.
But on the plus side, I have 6 Stroke Up S duplicates for the '02 NSX :)))))))

I now have nearly 50 of each engine.
I still haven't seen a single ultra high rpm turbo for the R26B or the VR38DETT, or even a High RPM Supercharger S.
But on the plus side, I have 6 Stroke Up S duplicates for the '02 NSX :)))))))
Sadly, you can't earn the supercharger from the roulettes, meaning it's currently inaccessible.

Sadly, you can't earn the supercharger from the roulettes, meaning it's currently inaccessible.
Wait then how does one earn it?
You can't buy it and you can't "win" it, but it's "there" apparently... really odd decision from PD
Speaking of odd, why can't we install a turbo on the Huracan (which is a popular platform to turbocharge) but we can on the R8 4.2? lol

Wait then how does one earn it?
You can't buy it and you can't "win" it, but it's "there" apparently... really odd decision from PD
Well... You don't earn it.
It's in the game files, it's even in the tuning menu, but you can't get one. Either wait until they're accessible in roulettes or PD makes them purchasable from the tuning shop.

After getting a little crazed with 4 star and 6 star tickets last night I think I got lucky and ended up with 3 787B engines, a bunch of corvette engines, some Mazda ones, Silvia engines, and some decent extra parts! Got an ultra turbocharger, forget what for. A carbon fiber driveshaft, some cams, weight reductions, about 1.5 million, and a few cars I already had. Oh and I installed a Porsche engine in my Sambabus... Yeah its 255 HP without any other upgrades.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I started playing this game this last Wednesday, I bought the game now that it's mostly in a better place than at launch, I hope I won't he too late for this bonanza.

I'm currently trying to beat the cafe menu 33, I already got the RX7 FC from those missions I forgot the name, i'm half way through golding all tests from the S license(the rest is all gold), collection level 28 I think and after the Cafe menus there will be the grind to buy one of those 20 million cars...Oh God.

I think I will be able to exploit this glitch by this Thrusday

Guys please keep randomly checking some of your cars for engine swap compatibility. Most likely the <300HP ones.

I assume people just use the list and not elaborate on it anymore.

Polyphony, if you're listening – perhaps a little icon "hey check out Tuning Parts section" huh? 🙃

Last edited:
Oh BTW, I noticed that this game actually has named the engines of almost all cars when you go to the setup screen, even on cars whose engines you cannot get.

So yeah I think it's possible we will see more engine swaps of other engines in the future.

Guys please keep randomly checking some of your cars for engine swap compatibility. Most likely the <300HP ones.

I assume people just use the list and not elaborate on it anymore.
There's no need; all the data on what swaps are possible is... well, not exactly visible, but it can be gleaned through certain techniques (which involve a jailbroken PS4). Those users who are aware of these methods inspect each update for new swaps.

If you would recommend your top 3 engine swap cominations that one should look into, which would those be?

Agree!! I had tried so much with the last mission on Beyond ... . Gave up. And felt like stopping playing the game when I was about to miss.

What pit stop and FM strategy do you use?

When you do this with a script, how do you do that? A PC running a script, plugged in instead of the control?
@MagnusVBK

FM-6 Last Lap FM-4
No Pit Stop
Tires- Racing Hard

That's it easy win, also got lucky and very little rain.

That swapped Silvia with 1232bhp is bonkers, I've been messing around with all the maxed out tunes for swapped cars and it's so much faster than anything else:

At these speeds you need the rear diffuser and some front downforce or else it's like driving on ice :scared: hope to see those special parts become more available in future though, there's still a lot of cars I haven't been able to max upgrade yet.

I'm waiting to see if PD will partake into some controversy by allowing us to dump a 2JZ on the A90 Supra...And then the BMW engine on the MkIV because why not?

Considering that they let us dump a LS on the Miata, I say that's likely!

Last edited:
Silly question time... How exactly do you swap an engine in GT7?
Select compatible car from "change car" tab at garage (see list on first page), go to "tuning parts" tab at garage, then it will highlight the compatible engine, just selected it and fit the engine there :cheers:

Last edited:
Select compatible car from "change car" tab at garage (see list on first page), go to "tuning parts" tab at garage, then it will highlight the compatible engine, just selected it and fit the engine there :cheers:

Thanks.

It's a shame they don't list the compatible cars on the engine details page.... Tuning Parts is cumbersome, since you can see the parts, but you can't fit them to the car without backing out of the Tuning Parts and changing (finding) that car... Why not "Fit to car" or "Change to this car" options IN the Tuning Parts page? And why is it not visible from the Tuning Shop? Not even a prompt "Check Tuning Parts" as mentioned by someone else. You could easily buy parts which you already own.... Seems sloppy

So, I want to get this to work before it potentially gets patched out in this coming maintenance. Do I need all three of the menu books for this to work? I only have two and the car I need isn't in the UCD. I've been trying using Famine's video on the first page but nothing is happening. I'm also on the base PS4 if that has anything to do with it.

Is there a chance for PD to ban players for exploiting this glitch..Because I saw something in YouTube and I was kinda worried..I am asking for a friend ,😅😉😇😇

You need first and third. You get third on collector level 30.
So, I want to get this to work before it potentially gets patched out in this coming maintenance. Do I need all three of the menu books for this to work? I only have two and the car I need isn't in the UCD. I've been trying using Famine's video on the first page but nothing is happening. I'm also on the base PS4 if that has anything to do with it.

I started playing this game this last Wednesday, I bought the game now that it's mostly in a better place than at launch, I hope I won't he too late for this bonanza.

I'm currently trying to beat the cafe menu 33, I already got the RX7 FC from those missions I forgot the name, i'm half way through golding all tests from the S license(the rest is all gold), collection level 28 I think and after the Cafe menus there will be the grind to buy one of those 20 million cars...Oh God.

I think I will be able to exploit this glitch by this Thrusday
Good time to join, golded all licenses > grand! If you're looking for a challenge to mix things up (and add some much needed cash) go for the circuit experiences:

• Le Mans
  • Monza
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Willow Springs (C7R)

That should give you some much needed additional chal-lenge :)

Given your pace you should reach the additional menu books in no time.

Been very blessed lately as far as the outcome of the tickets goes, I stand at around 200 now. I'm pretty much done with it and want to go back to racing but am still keeping up a faint hope of winning the F50 - is that even possible given it is a legendary car?

Either way happy days!

Attachments

• IMG_9270.PNG
    IMG_9270.PNG
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9365.PNG
    IMG_9365.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9364.PNG
    IMG_9364.PNG
    85.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9363.PNG
    IMG_9363.PNG
    81.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9337.PNG
    IMG_9337.PNG
    78.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9333.PNG
    IMG_9333.PNG
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9332.PNG
    IMG_9332.PNG
    100.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9318.PNG
    IMG_9318.PNG
    87.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9317.PNG
    IMG_9317.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9283.PNG
    IMG_9283.PNG
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
I only stumbled across this today - that ticket glitch only worked twice on two collections for me - now it's stopped working. Am I missing something???

Collect order 1, take gift. Collect order 3, take gift. Collect order 1, take gift. And so on
If you happen to collect both orders and took the gifts , you must restart.
And do it quick. One more day to grind roulettes.

Last edited:
I wanna do it but fear a ban on my account. I've done it on a separate account, an account I don't mind being banned were it to happen... but also an account that I take no pleasure from playing on as it isn't THE main, you know.

FOMO.

After the ****storm they got post launch and again post server outage I doubt they'll even dare mention it. If it is intentional no issue anyhow, if it is an honest mistake then all we're doing is playing the game and noticing that this one sequence yields the tickets - it's not even an exploit. If they do penalize people it would be economic suicide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back