Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Right so it has been patched.

Café
 - Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to receive multiple Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus.

Whouhou...at least we could use it for the time being. Looking forward to the next glitch :).

I'll be forever grateful for the Enzo :bowdown: just a nice gift to receive.

I'm curious to see if they snuck any new engines in the update, but given how much we've been spoiled lately I'd assume not. I did a daily workout and got another BRZ engine though, the grind continues :lol:

• Café
 - Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to receive multiple Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus.

Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

I was hoping to get a few extra SC430s out of it, but didn't have the patience to sit there and grind as much as everyone else. I got a good bit of what I wanted to get for swaps though, and the game has been fun again to tweak and learn how to use these insane creations.

If I get an engine today too then I guess we can say it's PD trolling us.

tbh if it's a 2JZ, VR28DETT or K20 then I'd be glad, because I'm missing two more engines of each model so I could have all engine-swaps

Only spot checked a few and didn't see any. Really hoping for more options for the coyote like into the Focus for a new RS8 though would prefer the 2003. I'm sure if more become available, they will be found quickly now.

Swapped a K20 into an Integra. The engine swaps don't include the transmission from the donor car. In this case the Integra retains its 5-speed gearbox, while the '20 Civic Type R that the K20 came out of has a 6-speed.

I used to be a Honda tech. The logistics of installing a K20 motor on to a B18 transmission and back into an Integra has just about made my head explode.

In B18 engines, the crank spins counter-clockwise.
In K20 engines, the crank spins clockwise.

B-series motors are mounted with the engine towards the left side of the vehicle and the transmission on the right.
K-series motors are mounted with the engine towards the right side of the vehicle and the transmission on the left.

So if you mounted a B-series transmission to a K series engine (which I don't think is possible, at least not without a little bit of help from an adapter kit), because of the difference in engine rotation, you'd end up with 1 forward gear and 5 reverse gears? But since the engine location is swapped and is essentially backwards compared to a stock Integra, you'd then have 5 forward gears and one reverse gear, so it would actually work?

It's 1 AM for me and I can't put this together in my head. This is a really weird existential crisis...

Swapped a K20 into an Integra. The engine swaps don't include the transmission from the donor car. In this case the Integra retains its 5-speed gearbox, while the '20 Civic Type R that the K20 came out of has a 6-speed.

I used to be a Honda tech. The logistics of installing a K20 motor on to a B18 transmission and back into an Integra has just about made my head explode.

B-series motors are mounted with the engine towards the left side of the vehicle and the transmission on the right.
K-series motors are mounted with the engine towards the right side of the vehicle and the transmission on the left.

So if you mounted a B-series transmission to a K series engine (which I don't think is possible, at least not without a little bit of help from an adapter kit), because of the difference in engine rotation, you'd end up with 1 forward gear and 5 reverse gears? But since the engine location is swapped and is essentially backwards compared to a stock Integra, you'd then have 5 forward gears and one reverse gear, so it would actually work?

It's 1 AM for me and I can't put this together in my head. This is a really weird existential crisis...
I hope you're sleeping well now brother 🤣

This is the kind of detail that we are all better off overlooking, because otherwise we will notice the game is filled with inconsistencies like these.

Like, for example, how swapping the 911 engine into the Beetle doesn't remove the backseat and engine cover, because the engine itself is too large to fit in the engine bay without having to cut some metal and removing the seats.

Also how doing weight reduction doesn't actually remove anything from the interior of any car...

Or even the fact that you can do ECU tune-ups on old cars with carbureted engines that never have seen what a electronic fuel injection is, let alone an Electronic Computer Unit...

And then there's my favorite one: Upshifting and downshifting cars with automatic transmissions, and seeing our avatars actually doing the hand motions on the auto stick.

And also how our avatars can shift up and or down while pulling the handbrake and holding the steering wheel all at the same time, but I guess that's ok because I noticed yesterday that there's no animation for using the handbrake anyway...Yet somehow PD went through the trouble of adding quick-release handbrake for drift cars in this game.

Speaking of drift cars, we got the quick-release handbrake and steering adapters...But where are the damn drift tires?

Last edited:
This is the kind of detail that we are all better off overlooking, because otherwise we will notice the game is filled with inconsistencies like these.

Like, for example, how swapping the 911 engine into the Beetle doesn't remove the backseat and engine cover, because the engine itself is too large to fit in the engine bay without having to cut some metal and removing the seats.

Also how doing weight reduction doesn't actually remove anything from the interior of any car...

Or even the fact that you can do ECU tune-ups on old cars with carbureted engines that never have seen what a electronic fuel injection is, let alone an Electronic Computer Unit...

And then there's my favorite one: Upshifting and downshifting cars with automatic transmissions, and seeing our avatars actually doing the hand motions on the auto stick.

And also how our avatars can shift up and or down while pulling the handbrake and holding the steering wheel all at the same time, but I guess that's ok because I noticed yesterday that there's no animation for using the handbrake anyway...Yet somehow PD went through the trouble of adding quick-release handbrake for drift cars in this game.

Speaking of drift cars, we got the quick-release handbrake and steering adapters...But where are the damn drift tires?
Add to that the fact that a car upgraded with the full racing gearbox, and described as being a sequential in the blurb, changes nothing in terms of the car interior, the actions of the avatar, or the speed at which the avatar selects a gear in relation to the audible gear change.

That’s a letdown. If we fit a sequential box we should be able to to see the new shifter and see our driver banging up the gears in sync with the sound of the gears being selected.

Final engine count pre-patch.

...I may have gone a bit overboard. 😂 But it was fun bonanza-ing with you lot.
View attachment 1169665
Somebody could probably do a more accurate maths, but here's a quick count. The ticket script takes 2m43s (at least on my PS4 Pro, if on PS5 may be faster). The ticket glitch has been known for around 12 days. So if you run the script non stop, you should get 6360 engine tickets. Divide by 16 (assuming equal chance of each) and you should get 397.5 of each engine.

Eyeballing your stock your average is around 260 of each so that's 65.4% efficient grinding :D

I got 824 total engines, or a pitiful 13% efficiency :lol:

I’ve found many of the engine swaps aren’t that great for actual races… good for peak power and ****s and giggles (like my drag strip Integrale).

However the SR20 Silvia K is a heap of fun tuned to PP500/550, it’s not overpowered and drives pretty well with suspension & gearbox - I’m using it for Race A and it’s great fun!

well, dont ever try to understand how a k20c1 (turbo) fits inside a mini when a k20a doesnt fit unless you put a larger hood or remove inches from the firewall...

I’ve found many of the engine swaps aren’t that great for actual races… good for peak power and ****s and giggles (like my drag strip Integrale).

However the SR20 Silvia K is a heap of fun tuned to PP500/550, it’s not overpowered and drives pretty well with suspension & gearbox - I’m using it for Race A and it’s great fun!
The M3 with Praiano's tune is gorgeous to drive at 700PP.

Back