Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I’ve found many of the engine swaps aren’t that great for actual races… good for peak power and ****s and giggles (like my drag strip Integrale).

However the SR20 Silvia K is a heap of fun tuned to PP500/550, it’s not overpowered and drives pretty well with suspension & gearbox - I’m using it for Race A and it’s great fun!
V8 swapped Tundra is competitive at Daily Race A lol

Somebody could probably do a more accurate maths, but here's a quick count. The ticket script takes 2m43s (at least on my PS4 Pro, if on PS5 may be faster). The ticket glitch has been known for around 12 days. So if you run the script non stop, you should get 6360 engine tickets. Divide by 16 (assuming equal chance of each) and you should get 397.5 of each engine.

Eyeballing your stock your average is around 260 of each so that's 65.4% efficient grinding :D

I got 824 total engines, or a pitiful 13% efficiency :lol:
Not going to double check your math, just here to say when doing this manually on PS5 (didn’t bother with running script) I timed a few runs and would get and open both tickets in 1min 7sec to 1min 10sec. That was getting them one at a time so I could repeat without having to close and reopen game.

Not going to double check your math, just here to say when doing this manually on PS5 (didn’t bother with running script) I timed a few runs and would get and open both tickets in 1min 7sec to 1min 10sec. That was getting them one at a time so I could repeat without having to close and reopen game.
But any script would have to allow the extra time and clicks needed if the 4* ticket produced a vehicle.

Just like that, back to complaining and pointing out flaws. So, if they use same trend, we might get 1 new type of engine at end of month update? maybe a new chassis or 2 for current list of engines...?

Edit(At worst, since exact numbers varied last few months, and people "quoting" my numbers)

Any engine after this will be the new "WANT". All current swaps are basically played out as LS swaps in "THE LOBBY".
(ISSUES STILL "KNOWN", LOBBY still a mess, almost entire summer)

If they continue to drop one engine a month, we should have a nice selection eventually. With the discovery of these 6 star part/engine tickets added to the mix, (IM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE GETTING THEM FOR DAILY MILES)
THAT ALONE should increase our current slim to none chances to a "hey, maybe they will give me one for my b day".

THE BONANZA WAS A BLAST! even though way too many people starting talking about "SWAP CLUB". I think the gtplanet member roster doubled in that time span.. Noobs everywhere asking for tunes etc. lol

Thanks to the community for helping each other out, and attempting to keep it from spreading like a GTA "god mode" on tube sites.

"You may have gotten a pile of motors, but only gtplanet was part of the "BONANZA"!

Last edited:
We had 5 engines and 5 compatible cars at launch. Now it's 16 and 25 so a lot more than just one a month.
We had 1 NEW engine, last 2 months, only reason I GUESS 1 a month, and a new chassis)

I actually am curious of the (!!) style swaps, like nismo lancia, k20 mini etc.

THE BONANZA WAS A BLAST! even though way too many people starting talking about "SWAP CLUB". I think the gtplanet member roster doubled in that time span.. Noobs everywhere asking for tunes etc. lol

Thanks to the community for helping each other out, and attempting to keep it from spreading like a GTA "god mode" on tube sites.

"You may have gotten a pile of motors, but only gtplanet was part of the "BONANZA"!
It truly was a legendary moment, and one that will never be forgotten.
I mean, it was the one time that the community toned down the complaints (don't get me wrong, a lot of them are justified) for actual advices and a newfound interest for tuning all of these bonkers engine-swapped abominations to be actually usable. :cheers:
Definitely shows what a community can do huh!

I just want to point out that I love the use of the term "bonanza" to refer to this specific time period where every GT7 player was hoarding engines like madmen and for once, actually playing the game for fun.

There couldn't be a more accurate term to use here.
I refer to this time as the Engine Roulette Bonanza and Green Caliper Festival.

...I haven't been here for a while, but what the heck happened to this thread, that the latest page number increased from 31 to 70!?
Oprah Winfrey Meeting GIF by MOODMAN
(If "meeting" was "engine")

Haven't found a clear way to see a full compatible cars list so have been trying to fit the part to each car I own one by one. Must be an easier way

As the post below you said, the script takes a bit longer because it needs to wait just in case the prize from 4* is a car. Of course if you do it manually it's gonna be quicker, but I don't think anyone who has 100s of engines was doing it manually. So I based my calculations off the script time instead.

Just like that, back to complaining and pointing out flaws. So, if they use same trend, we might get 1 new type of engine at end of month update? maybe a new chassis or 2 for current list of engines...?

Edit(At worst, since exact numbers varied last few months, and people "quoting" my numbers)

Any engine after this will be the new "WANT". All current swaps are basically played out as LS swaps in "THE LOBBY".
(ISSUES STILL "KNOWN", LOBBY still a mess, almost entire summer)

If they continue to drop one engine a month, we should have a nice selection eventually. With the discovery of these 6 star part/engine tickets added to the mix, (IM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE GETTING THEM FOR DAILY MILES)
THAT ALONE should increase our current slim to none chances to a "hey, maybe they will give me one for my b day".

There’s a guy that joined just to start a thread asking for a top speed tune on the swapped S13 even going as far as to saying he’d cash app people for the tune lol. Probably got gapped in a lobby and ran here.

Last edited:
As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
BMW

• P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW M3 '03
Chevrolet

• LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
Dodge

• Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Ford

• Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Honda

• K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65
Lexus

• 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19
Mazda

• 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
Nissan

• SR20DET-Silvia (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
Porsche

• M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62
Subaru

• LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)
Toyota

• 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

Because it doesn't work as of v1.18

You didn’t add the 300z TT version that I posted.

Damn, wonder what you’re able to swap it into? The RX-Vision Gr. 3 I suppose?
No it goes into the 2002 RX-7 Spirit, the last iteration of the RX-7's. It's probably one of the most successful cars for the swap, because it already has good handling and it can handle the power quite well at 800 PP or less. It does over 230 mph.

Another cool swap is the RX-7 Spirit engine into the Mazda Eunos '86. It is not an over powered swap and fun to drive. It makes the Eunos capable of around 200 mph. Praiano has tunes for all the swaps on his site.

I like the 2015 Mazda MX5 with the LT1 Corvette engine installed. The sound is so good! But when you drop the Hellcat 707 HP engine into the Dodge Challenger R/T '70 it definitely wakes up HO HO HO!

As the post below you said, the script takes a bit longer because it needs to wait just in case the prize from 4* is a car. Of course if you do it manually it's gonna be quicker, but I don't think anyone who has 100s of engines was doing it manually. So I based my calculations off the script time instead.
I was and started going insane after a while. I wouldn't even know what ticket I last opened and was going off intuition a lot of the time, most of the time being right though :D :lol:

I was and started going insane after a while. I wouldn't even know what ticket I last opened and was going off intuition a lot of the time, most of the time being right though :D :lol:
Whatever picture you saw was the last one you opened, so you just had to pick the other one.

Back