Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
this specific time period where every GT7 player was hoarding engines like madmen and for once, actually playing the game for fun.
This.

I played for a while when it first came out(PS4 Pro with SSD), but then went back to Assetto Corsa and ACC on PC(amd 6800xt gpu).

Then the engine thing happened. I haven't touched the PC and now, I went and got a PS5 today.

I think this says something on a level about the way they designed or set the game up. When you have access to the content, the game gets played. When it's a repetitive grind and struggle, not really.

So the engine thing turned into a positive for PD and Sony best I can tell. Players played and were happy about something.

Here's to future such mistakes.:cheers:

Maybe it wasn't a mistake 🤔 I believe it was an experiment, reason being they had a chance to patch it an they didn't....they wanted to see the numbers.....more people played the game for sure, which meant more content on YouTube, Twitter & Instagram, even here...more positive reviews etc

Based on the response they got I think they will give us what we want (engine swaps & s parts) they probably trying to figure out how...will they continue to update the "roulette system" or add it to the extreme tab in tuning shop 🤔

Only time will tell 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Maybe it wasn't a mistake 🤔 I believe it was an experiment, reason being they had a chance to patch it an they didn't....they wanted to see the numbers.....more people played the game for sure, which meant more content on YouTube, Twitter & Instagram, even here...more positive reviews etc

Based on the response they got I think they will give us what we want (engine swaps & s parts) they probably trying to figure out how...will they continue to update the "roulette system" or add it to the extreme tab in tuning shop 🤔

Only time will tell 🤷‍♂️
That’s what I started thinking after a few days of it still not being fixed. Maybe it wasn’t intentional at first (although I believe it was), but it was absolutely intentional to let it go for more than a day. They fixed the legend car issue within hours of noticing it and they’ve made other unannounced fixes “on the fly” before so they clearly made the decision to let this one ride out for about 2 weeks before addressing.

Only time will tell 🤷‍♂️
I thought the same thing from the beginning of this glitch and became sure the last day. Last night before the patch i opened like 30 tickets. I was sleepy so i couldn't continue but in those 30 tickets of 4 stars, i got either 1 mil or 500k or a special s part mostly ultra high rpm turbo, or a car one of which was 3 mil audi tdi. Only the highest prices one after another and never low or lowest price. Was getting a mil then 500k then a mil again. Guess in the last hours they totally opened the tap. Got at least 8 or 9 ultra high rpm turbos. They totally did whole this glitch on purpose. Before the glitch i never got an engine from roulette other than the 6 star ticket which you can only get engine. I even accidentally deleted that like an idiot lol.

Some engine swap predictions for 1.19 (JUST PREDICTIONS, I AM NOT A PSYCHIC OR TELEPATH IN CASE ANY OF THESE COME TRUE):

Likely:

• Coyote swap for '32 Roadster
  • RB26 swap for Sileighty (only Silvia without a swap of its own)
  • VR38 swap for 350Z/370Z
  • BYH swap for TT 3.2

Plausible:

• 787B swap for RX500/RX-7 FC/RX-8
  • F20C swap for Honda S660/S800/Beat
  • 2JZ swap for Celica
  • M96/76 swap for Porsche 356

Utterly Improbable:

• Escudo swap for Swift Sport/Cappuccino
  • LS7 BRZ swap for AE86
  • F40 swap for M3 E30

Some engine swap predictions for 1.19 (JUST PREDICTIONS, I AM NOT A PSYCHIC OR TELEPATH IN CASE ANY OF THESE COME TRUE):

Likely:

• Coyote swap for '32 Roadster
  • RB26 swap for Sileighty (only Silvia without a swap of its own)
  • VR38 swap for 350Z/370Z
  • BYH swap for TT 3.2

Plausible:

• 787B swap for RX500/RX-7 FC/RX-8
  • F20C swap for Honda S660/S800/Beat
  • 2JZ swap for Celica
  • M96/76 swap for Porsche 356

Utterly Improbable:

• Escudo swap for Swift Sport/Cappuccino
  • LS7 BRZ swap for AE86
  • F40 swap for M3 E30
2J for the MK3 Supra is my number one hope. It’s honestly insane an s15 gets it before the mk3.

Some other hopes and dreams for swaps:
K20 into the MR2
13B from the spirit R for the FC rx7
Introduce the RB26 into the game and give it to the old 70’s skyline (this would be so sick)
SR20/any of the LS’s (RB26 as well if it gets added) for the 240Z

Escudo swap for Swift Sport/Cappuccino

I think a Hayabusa swap out of the VGT into either of those cars is more likely, I could be wrong though.

My own wishlist:

Engines that haven't been seen as swaps yet, and my suggestion for what they should go into-

LT4 V8 from the ZL1 Camaro -> '69 Camaro, Nissan SilEighty
AMG CLK LM V8 -> A45, C63S, & ‘11 SLS AMG
Hayabusa 4-cylinder hybrid from Suzuki VGT -> Suzuki Cappucino & Swift Sport
Toyota GR010 Hybrid V6 -> Toyota Aqua & Prius G
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 V10 -> VW Golf GTI '14, Audi TT Cup '16, & Lancia Stratos
Super Formula Honda Turbo 4-cylinder -> Honda NSX Type R '02, S2000, Radical SR3 SL

New cars for engines already swappable-

787B rotary -> DeLorean DMC, Mazda Atenza Sedan, & RX-8
Z4 GT3 -> '89 M3, Mini Cooper S '05
Hellcat -> Superbird, ‘14 Alfa Romeo 4C

Has anyone got the ultra high turbo for the F40?
Sadly the only S parts you can earn right now are for the vehicles available to win from roulettes... of which all are from Brand Central. Hoping that 1.19 does something to remedy this issue.
The Mini has a swap, the Beetle has a swap, the Samba Bus has a swap...The 500 needs some spice too!
Funnily enough, if you look at the settings menu for the 500, there seems to be an Ultra-High Turbo for it, although it's currently inaccessible. Now why would the slowest car in the game have an option for a massive, extremely powerful turbo? I wonder... 🤔🤔🤔

🤔
BMW E92 M3 & Z3 V8
C6 ZR1 Corvette & BRZ LS V8
Honda S2000 & K20C1 Type-R
Honda Fit & K20C1 Type-R
RX8, Rx-7FC, S15 Silvia & 787b R26b
R32 GT-R & VR38 Nismo
RC-F & VR38, 2JZ OR 3UZ

Last edited:
Funnily enough, if you look at the settings menu for the 500, there seems to be an Ultra-High Turbo for it, although it's currently inaccessible. Now why would the slowest car in the game have an option for a massive, extremely powerful turbo? I wonder... 🤔🤔🤔
The problem is that if there is an engine swap for the old 500, the Ultra-High RPM Turbo goes away as that is one of the parts that is tied to the donor engine.

The problem is that if there is an engine swap for the old 500, the Ultra-High RPM Turbo goes away as that is one of the parts that is tied to the donor engine.
I know. Which is why I'm suggesting that the ultra-high turbo for the 500 might boost the power so much that an engine swap would be unnecessary.

I wonder what new engine swaps this update has bring. I used up all 17 of my tickets got two engine swaps but unfortunately all dupes

Back