Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,595 comments
The Z4 GT3 swapped E46 is an amazing car.

I would recommend it for sure. It feels well balanced so long as you don't go too crazy with the power. I have a tune for the 700PP GR.3 race at Le Mans.

Even with maximum power, it's pretty nice though.

Another nice thing is if you love the old NFS Most Wanted E46 you can kind of make a replica.

Totally disagree with you about the Silvia. That's my new girl you are talking about! I'm running mine at 1037 HP and have never had a spin out of any corner. Look up a tune from Praiano and apply. then go race anywhere and smoke'em. Only a couple of evenings ago I took my Silvia to Brands Hatch and ran it in the WTC 700PP, a 10 lap race. I was far enough ahead by lap 5, that I pitted for tires and fuel, and when I pulled out of the pit lane, I was still #1!?! I daily run my Silvia at Le Mans, where I win easily running at FM6 and I can squeeze 4 laps out of a tank if I need to. I enjoy being able to pull over 200mph any time I want to!! BTW, I'm not one of those fast young hotshots, I'll be 80 years old this coming April.
Cheers, Pete

OK, I found one (RX8) in my inventory. Didn't even know I had one. I've started accumulating performance parts for it, being carefull not to commit any unchangeable mods. I did not even go Wide body yet, but I read through Praiano's tune on the 600PP RX8 and he went with the wide body, so, I might too.
I am open to tuning suggestions if anyone has a decent setup. I have already swapped the engine into the new beast!
Thanks for the support,
Cheers, Pete
@mustangxr
Here is my setup for 700pp rx8.
Running wtc 700 with it and its great.
Handles very well and has great fuel economy.

Maksiu,
Thankyou so much! Gonna try that today, it's even snowing outside here on the big island!
Very much appreciated,
Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
@mustangxr
Here is my setup for 700pp rx8.
Running wtc 700 with it and its great.
Handles very well and has great fuel economy.

Dude... You took tcs to 5! Any car handles great with that. And what fuel economy? In that race tires becoming garbage after 2 laps. Whats the use of having enough fuel for 8 laps? I'm entering pit to change tires every 2 laps anyway.

Last edited:
Dude... You took tcs to 5! Any car handles great with that. And what fuel economy? In that race tires becoming garbage after 2 laps. Whats the use of having enough fuel for 8 laps? I'm entering pit to change tires every 2 laps anyway.
What race tires did you use ? racing hards lasts 5 laps from my experience (if it doesn't rain at all)

The golf with Quattro engine is a grin from ear to ear! 600ft lb torque squeeky toy!

We can feel your grief, Its a hard decision to decide to keep, or shelf any post bonanza motor!!!!

..the ford lm test motor is the only one I still have crated, was hoping it would go in something like the shelby gt350 from legend dealer in the future.

But, the way the swaps are in GT7, they would surprise us with another (!!) Swap, like a 2jz', gt350, a f&f tokyo drift tribute or something.

(Those are hypothetical, not actual swaps yet, new members)

I have used it in the Le Mans grind, and it is a blast. Out of all my engine swapped cars, that by far is the easiest to drive.

Jump in my alt after a long while. Four star Daily ticket stops on this.
7BCC6D4D-C9E5-4F53-894E-5637F564E6E0.jpeg

Dude...
I took tcs to 5 to save tyres.
What's wrong with that?
I usually drive with assists off except for abs on default.
And not all cars handle well with tcs on 5.
Enjoy the game the way suits you.
It's only a game...

Took my swapped Silvia to the Nordschleife yesterday, Put a set of race softs on the old girl and ran a Time Trial at 702PP and got a 6:49 ! Kept it on the pavement too! What a great car! Every car needs an LT7!

All 3 Star tickets and below have no chance of spawning the engine even just for the roulette animation, so it's expected to not win one with that ticket tier.
I've won an engine with a 3 star before...and I regularly see it in the animation....though...that was before the engine glitch....since the engine glitch....they have nerfed the absolute **** out of the "roulette" even more than it already was.....I have had litreally NOTHING other than 2,5,10 and 30k since the engine glitch was patched...and I've played every single darn day and gotten every single darn daily marathon........it's ******** man...I think they punishing those of us that used the glitch tbh .....that's why they keep adding new engines, because we know that we ain't gunna get them 😢

Any easy way to check which engine swaps i already have done? By the time i won and used them i was not interested and now i have no idea which i already have in my +300 cars.

I’m thinking that even though I’ve already tuned a Mustang Mach 1 ‘71 and a M3 E46 both with their respective stock engines, I’m seriously wondering if I should swap in the Coyote and the Z4 GT3 engines, respectively.

Sure, I’d have to buy tuning parts all over again, and it’s not like there’s a massive increase in maximum HP like my Delta with the GT-R Nismo engine, or if I got the 13B for the NA Roadster.

But on the other hand, I hear the superior torque of these engines could make this car better than one with a tuned stock engine - even if they otherwise have the exact same settings, including power/weight.

Also, I had little idea that the Amuse-tuned Z33 could reach a much higher power with the Rampage engine. I assumed that since it was a tuner, its stock engine would’ve had the ability to be tuned to a high enough power to make the Rampage swap questionable.

At any rate, I’m definitely looking forward to getting the Porsche 550 Spyder as soon as it’s available again in Legendary Cars, so that I can nab the last guaranteed engine ticket I’ve yet to obtain. At least, until we inevitably get more opportunities, haha!

Last edited:
All 3 Star tickets and below have no chance of spawning the engine even just for the roulette animation, so it's expected to not win one with that ticket tier.
Hiya....I know I said on my comment earlier that there's no more engines from the tickets.....but....today....I got made a liar 😂😂😂😂 I done the marathon today and won a 6 star guaranteed engine ticket!!!!!!!...... problem is....its given me an engine I already have a load of from back when the engine glitch was a thing 😢😢😢 so I quit the game to recover the ticket in the hope that it'll change when the next update comes...i heard that it rerolls basically, evey update or something....so here's hope.....I'm still waiting for the Porsche Spyder as I've still got a engine ticket to use from that once I get it.....shame....
184711797c732-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hiya....I know I said on my comment earlier that there's no more engines from the tickets.....but....today....I got made a liar 😂😂😂😂 I done the marathon today and won a 6 star guaranteed engine ticket!!!!!!!...... problem is....its given me an engine I already have a load of from back when the engine glitch was a thing 😢😢😢 so I quit the game to recover the ticket in the hope that it'll change when the next update comes...i heard that it rerolls basically, evey update or something....so here's hope.....I'm still waiting for the Porsche Spyder as I've still got a engine ticket to use from that once I get it.....shame....View attachment 1207901
Thats right. Dont open it AGAIN until after NOV. Update. Be -fore warned-

The inventory does not change unless items have been added in that category.

Last month we got zero NEW engines just new chassis for existing engines.

If they DONT offer an engine this update, you could get the same engine. I believe its happened once, but we are due ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113_082312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113_082312_Chrome.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thats right. Dont open it AGAIN until after NOV. Update. Be -fore warned-

The inventory does not change unless items have been added in that category.

Last month we got zero NEW engines just new chassis for existing engines.

If they DONT offer an engine this update, you could get the same engine. I believe its happened once, but we are due ....
Thank you for letting me know, very much appreciated 😊👍 it doesn't expire until mid November anyhow.

I still have the Escudo engine swap Lancer which needs a good 5 gear box tune. 1186bhp monster. I've been busy having some fun with the Amuse Nismo Rampage engine 1.08XKG and 1042bhp. Power to weight is huge. I won these through the last menu books events and car collection. Did someone say the Porsche 550 can be engine swapped ?

Last edited:
I’m thinking that even though I’ve already tuned a Mustang Mach 1 ‘71 and a M3 E46 both with their respective stock engines, I’m seriously wondering if I should swap in the Coyote and the Z4 GT3 engines, respectively.

Sure, I’d have to buy tuning parts all over again, and it’s not like there’s a massive increase in maximum HP like my Delta with the GT-R Nismo engine, or if I got the 13B for the NA Roadster.

But on the other hand, I hear the superior torque of these engines could make this car better than one with a tuned stock engine - even if they otherwise have the exact same settings, including power/weight.

Also, I had little idea that the Amuse-tuned Z33 could reach a much higher power with the Rampage engine. I assumed that since it was a tuner, its stock engine would’ve had the ability to be tuned to a high enough power to make the Rampage swap questionable.

At any rate, I’m definitely looking forward to getting the Porsche 550 Spyder as soon as it’s available again in Legendary Cars, so that I can nab the last guaranteed engine ticket I’ve yet to obtain. At least, until we inevitably get more opportunities, haha!
It would be cheaper and make more sense to buy two additional cars to swap in.

Received a Shelby GT350 engine yesterday. Since it's not on the OP-list ... does this mean it's a new occurrence, or that it only can be used as a new engine for the same car?

Received a Shelby GT350 engine yesterday. Since it's not on the OP-list ... does this mean it's a new occurrence, or that it only can be used as a new engine for the same car?
New engine basically means engine swap. Apparently it is an engine swap to the Ford Roadster '32 (?) model.

New engine basically means engine swap. Apparently it is an engine swap to the Ford Roadster '32 (?) model.
I just won that too. Holding onto it for now hoping there's new swap options in coming updates.

Any easy way to check which engine swaps i already have done? By the time i won and used them i was not interested and now i have no idea which i already have in my +300 cars.
I have a spreadsheet 🤓

p.S. updated with partial snapshot. Can sort a few different ways e.g. stuff I need to aquire, want to work on tunes for, favourites (by ranking or colour), or of course alphabetical. made it to keep track of the bonanza.

mT0vSMa.jpg

Your set up must be crap to only have tires last 2 laps.
Hard tires can take you to 7 laps
Soft would last 2 laps

This is the engine I'm still rooting for the most....tbh, I'm shocked that that lil roadster never had an engine swap available for it from the start....the coyote swap should of been a given, considering it's a common swap...damn, I've even seen a coyote swapped focus before...I Real life too!
Anyone got the Voodoo Roadster yet? I haven't seen a single one.

Anyone got the Voodoo Roadster yet? I haven't seen a single one.
The classic 'my friend has it"... buddy I lobby with regularly..

There is no aero availability, and unfortunately the wide body option is not a "hot rod" style fat rear tire. Your only option is suspension and ballast.

Since its not really a performer, you really dont see it out too much.

To me just just a cool American graffiti style replica.

There is no aero availability, and unfortunately the wide body option is not a "hot rod" style fat rear tire. Your only option is suspension and ballast.

Sounds like a riot to drive, but yeah probably not much of a racer. I hope we can see more options for the Voodoo engine in the future. Maybe in the old GT350?

I just remembered I haven't seen any VK45-swapped 370Zs either. Know anyone lucky enough to get one of those?

Not a performer??? The voodoo engine IS the one from the gt350 right??? Now, from what experienced of the OG car, it performs VERY well....putting that engine in something much lighter can only make it better....adjust your ballast and suspension properly, aswell as roll bars, etc etc etc, and I reckon she'd be an absolute beast!!! I can't wait to get the motor....

Sounds like a riot to drive, but yeah probably not much of a racer. I hope we can see more options for the Voodoo engine in the future. Maybe in the old GT350?

I just remembered I haven't seen any VK45-swapped 370Zs either. Know anyone lucky enough to get one of those?
I've got one of those VK swaps, and they are proper LAIRY brother!!! But at the same time, it feels pretty tame to drive....it's weird.....to be fair. I might actually drive mine now....it's a beast 😊😊😊😊

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back