Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,595 comments
Guys, can we discuss roulette rewards in the roulette rewards thread? Not seeing much about engine swaps here...
It's not roulette rewards, my question was, if you get better tickets(more stars) if you don't play for a few days. But yes, it's not on topic and went further than i planned, so sorry. And back to Engines!

I still don't have any new engine since september. :D I think i got mine mostly from extra menu tickets.

Got the S1 Quattro engine from the NSX menu. In principle, one of the most legendary engines ever built, but had to stop and think about whether to keep it or walk it back to wait for next update. For no other reason than putting it in Golf GTI is a waste. In the end, couldn't say no to it. Surely they must add more cars for it soon? Like at least Audi TTS to make an uber TT-RS. Or maybe even an R8 swap? Ow, R8 S1 would be sweet.

Got the S1 Quattro engine from the NSX menu. In principle, one of the most legendary engines ever built, but had to stop and think about whether to keep it or walk it back to wait for next update. For no other reason than putting it in Golf GTI is a waste. In the end, couldn't say no to it. Surely they must add more cars for it soon? Like at least Audi TTS to make an uber TT-RS. Or maybe even an R8 swap? Ow, R8 S1 would be sweet.
The golf with Quattro engine is a grin from ear to ear! 600ft lb torque squeeky toy!

We can feel your grief, Its a hard decision to decide to keep, or shelf any post bonanza motor!!!!

..the ford lm test motor is the only one I still have crated, was hoping it would go in something like the shelby gt350 from legend dealer in the future.

But, the way the swaps are in GT7, they would surprise us with another (!!) Swap, like a 2jz', gt350, a f&f tokyo drift tribute or something.

(Those are hypothetical, not actual swaps yet, new members)

I would hold onto it, in case something else becomes compatible with it. For me, I'm planning to hold onto many of my engines, with only a few exceptions. Like if I get that Porsche engine, you just know I'm gonna put it into a Sambabus.

EDIT: As of today's completion of both the latest Bonus Menu (which gets you a four-star ticket) and the completion of the Gr.2 Race Car Extra Menu, I now have the following engines to spare:

LS7-Rampage
Coyote 5.0L (x2)
LS9
LT5
P65B44

And I've installed the following:

2JZ-GTE -> Toyota GR Yaris
VR38DETT -> Lancia Delta HF

Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty content with the ones I got laying around. But I'm still thinking of holding onto them for now. The swaps I do want to do without delay are the following, at least once I get the engines:

13B -> Mazda Roadster (NA)
LT1 -> Mazda Roadster (ND)
R5-20vT -> VW Golf Mk.I
F136F -> Alfa Romeo 4C
K20C1 -> Mini Cooper S '65
R26B -> Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
M64/03 -> VW Sambabus (and/or VW 1200)
Voodoo 5.2L -> Ford Roadster
V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test -> Ford Focus RS '18

Other than that, I'm gonna hold onto any other engines I get, just to see what other cars become compatible. But I still might swap the LS7-Rampage into a DeLorean S2, even though I also have a Stroke Up S for its stock engine. Ah, who am I kidding? Hopefully I'll be able to sell this part, even though it says it's not for sale. Perhaps if I bought a second DeLorean S2 and installed the Stroke Up S in it, maybe it'll increase its value when we're able to sell cars, haha!

Not sure what I'll do with two Coyote 5.0L engines. Maybe I'll swap one into a Pantera, and save the other. I've already fully-tuned a Mustang Mach 1 '71 with its stock engine, and I hear the Coyote 5.0L is a popular engine in real life, so I wanna see what else it becomes compatible with.

Last edited:
I would hold onto it, in case something else becomes compatible with it. For me, I'm planning to hold onto many of my engines, with only a few exceptions. Like if I get that Porsche engine, you just know I'm gonna put it into a Sambabus.

EDIT: As of today's completion of both the latest Bonus Menu (which gets you a four-star ticket) and the completion of the Gr.2 Race Car Extra Menu, I now have the following engines to spare:

LS7-Rampage
Coyote 5.0L (x2)
LS9
LT5
P65B44

Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty content with the ones I got laying around. But I'm still thinking of holding onto them for now. The swaps I do want to do without delay are the following, at least once I get the engines:

R5-20vT -> VW Golf Mk.I
F136F -> Alfa Romeo 4C

Other than that, I'm gonna hold onto any other engines I get, just to see what other cars become compatible. But I still might swap the LS7-Rampage into a DeLorean S2, even though I also have a Stroke Up S for its stock engine. Ah, who am I kidding? Hopefully I'll be able to sell this part, even though it says it's not for sale. Perhaps if I bought a second DeLorean S2 and installed the Stroke Up S in it, maybe it'll increase its value when we're able to sell cars, haha!

Not sure what I'll do with two Coyote 5.0L engines. Maybe I'll swap one into a Pantera, and save the other. I've already fully-tuned a Mustang Mach 1 '71 with its stock engine, and I hear the Coyote 5.0L is a popular engine in real life, so I wanna see what else it becomes compatible with.
Have both Coyote swaps, the Pantera is a beast and Mach 1 is amazing/transformed and fun to drive. Can't go wrong trying either, but I understand holding on to them also.

Won a couple daily A races in the Lancia swap (tons of torque) and Audi TTS swap last night. Will tune Yaris tonight. Love these tuner races.
Gran Turismo® 7_20221028213146.jpg

Last edited:
@MIE1992 swap your ls7 rampage in to amuse 380rs. Have both delorean and amuse and I find delorean uncontrollable. Amuse on the other hand is a blast to drive. Handles like a dream.
R26b works much better in rx8 than rx7.
Noted, thanks! Yeah, I'd imagine that being a somewhat heavy RR car, the DeLorean S2 with the LS7 would be a bit hectic.

Last edited:
@MIE1992 swap your ls7 rampage in to amuse 380rs. Have both delorean and amuse and I find delorean uncontrollable. Amuse on the other hand is a blast to drive. Handles like a dream.
R26b works much better in rx8 than rx7.

Most of my swapped cars in one race.
Both amuse and delorean are in this video:

Gave me a fun idea since all my swaps are tuned to 700pp (or close). And yeah, the Amuse and Pantera are among my favorite swaps. Only other newer swap I have not yet installed is the VK race motor for the 370z.

LS7-Rampage
Coyote 5.0L (x2)
LS9
LT5
P65B44

R5-20vT -> VW Golf Mk.I
F136F -> Alfa Romeo 4C

In theory anything with a 4.6 or 5.4 liter engine or the transmissions matched to them. It may become compatible with the Raptor with comparable power output and far better steering response. As of 1.25, though, this is not possible. Some Ford vehicles have had those other engines in Gran Turismo. (Mustang 4.6 in GT2 and a second gen Lightning in GT4).
You might be thinking of the Windsor 5.0. It is still sold as a crate motor IIRC but it's a vastly different engine, than the Coyote. Perhaps it'll show up in GT7. I'm not sure what it would swap into. My last Windsor was pretty tall and narrower than this Coyote.

All 3 Star tickets and below have no chance of spawning the engine even just for the roulette animation, so it's expected to not win one with that ticket tier.
Yeah. I actually won an engine from the four-star ticket that I got from completing the newest Bonus Menu, so that was really nice. I can’t remember if it was the engine from the C6 ZR1 or the C7 ZR1, as I won the other engine from completing the Gr.2-themed Extra Menu. So now I have both of these Chevrolet engines!

Last edited:
Yeah. I actually won an engine from the four-star ticket that I got from completing the newest Bonus Menu, so that was really nice. I can’t remember if it was the engine from the C6 ZR1 or the C7 ZR1, as I won the other engine from completing the Gr.2-themed Extra Menu. So now I have both of these Chevrolet engines!
I was lucky to get most of the swappable engines. My fave swap is the LS7 BRZ engine into an S13 Silvia! I know the car looks and sounds very ordinary, like maybe a '99 Camry, but the '88 Silvia can be tuned to perfection and will smoke everything at Le Mans on FM 6, and get 4 laps on a tank! Some of the guys can pull over 285 mph with this very sedate looking coupe.

I've got a few Panteras, and the Coyote Ford does a good job, but I actually prefer the stock 351 Cleveland tweaked a bit, to the 5.0 liter Coyote. Love that bottom end torque! The Coyote engine only saves 100 lbs.

A good swap is into the Toyota Crown Athlete. I've got mine all painted up like a Japanese Taxi! Then I take it to Le Mans and decimate all the race cars. Lots of power and good mileage, what more could you want to grind out some wins and dollars!

Another fave swap worth looking out for is the Audi TT with the BYH engine. That really turns the crank on that little rocket! It really sounds good too!

Of all the little cars you can swap into, the Suzuki Cappuccino seems to be the best bet with good fuel economy and lots of power. The Honda Beat can barely do 2 laps at Le Mans whereas the Cappuccino is good for 3 laps and can easily pass everything by lap 2 at FM6. The Eunos with the RX7 engine is OK, but it's a bit of work to pass 'em all. I ran that one tonite but I went back to the Silvia for the effortless power (1037HP) I took the Silvia to Brands Hatch for the 10 lap WTC 700. The Silvia effortlessly dispatched all competitors by lap 5, and then after I pitted for fuel and tires, I was still in the lead! So for such an ordinary looking car, it really does handle well. Kindof a sleeper.

Of all the older cars you can swap into, the Dodge Challenger with the Hellcat engine is the most fun. You can take it to Watkins Glen, and smok'em all in the 800PP race, same with Daytona!

The first swap I ever did was the 787 engine into the '02 RX7. I was all agog when I first drove it but now it's kind of Ho Hum compared to some of the other swaps. I'm kind of interested in the RX8 swap with the 787 engine and I might just try that. I've still got one left. That engine seems the hardest to get on the roulette.
Well, hope this info is of a help to someone out there so, happy swapping!
Cheers, Pete
PS
Oh, almost forgot. I got a Sambabus and swapped in the Porsche engine and then I found the worst looking, rusty, beatup, livery I could find. Then I found a tune somewhere on the forum and got it to handle better than stock. Then I went racing with it and had lots of fun smoking all the sedans in those low PP races. Ever do 120 mph in a VW van?

Last edited:
p78
I got the Escudo engine, but struggling with the gears in the evo
The boost comes on around the 5500-6000rpm mark.

You want to shorten or lengthen the gears 1 by 1 ensuring you are in the 5-6k rpm after each shift.

Once you find a reasonable setup... lengthen the final drive incrementally.

I suggest testing on the 400m drag race mission challenge.

My best time I'd around 9.7 with the EVO X H25A

p78
Do you mean the Audi with the BYH R8 or the 4C with the 458 engine?
Probably 4c with 458, much more of a "lil" rocket than the tt.. wheelbase length anyways. The tt with byh is o.k. to me, personally think the mr2 with byh is a little more fun than the tt.

p78
Do you mean the Audi with the BYH R8 or the 4C with the 458 engine?
No, the Audi with the V-8 out of the R8, sorry, was pretty late when I wrote all that. I took the swapped TT to the Nordschleife and smoked 'em all in the rain, and was impressed by the way it could handle.

Last edited:
I'm kind of interested in the RX8 swap with the 787 engine and I might just try that. I've still got one left. That engine seems the hardest to get on the roulette.
It's not an absolute animal of a swap, provided you don't max the engine out anyway. I quite like it detuned to about 450bhp with a decent suspension tune; it doesn't feel out of place performance wise and it idles at 2k rpm with braps like my real RX-8, so I'm a little baised lol.

It's not an absolute animal of a swap, provided you don't max the engine out anyway. I quite like it detuned to about 450bhp with a decent suspension tune; it doesn't feel out of place performance wise and it idles at 2k rpm with braps like my real RX-8, so I'm a little baised lol.
Can confirm, it's great to use in 700PP race.

OK guys, you talked me into it. Guess I gotta look and see if I have one, I'm up to 204 cars now?!?! Weird!
Can you imagine buying 204 batteries, every year? I'm on a pension, can't even afford a PS5!?!

Last edited:
So, even though I already tuned-up a BMW M3 (E46) and a Ford Mustang Mach 1 ‘71 both with their stock engines, I’m wondering if I should swap each of their engines, especially since I do indeed have a compatible engine for each. I hear that even though the maximum HP may be similar after the swap, the torque is superior, meaning better acceleration.

For example, there was that Daily Race A at Alsace - Village where you were allowed to tune a BMW M3 (E46), and while I recall doing really well with my particular E46, I've heard that those with the Z4 GT3 engine swap did even better.

Besides, I have not one, but two Coyote 5.0L engines, so I could swap one into the Mustang, and the other into a Pantera I had.

The swapped MK1 Golf GTI has to be the maddest (and worst car) I’ve drove in the game. Period
Personally, if I ever get an unusually powerful engine into a car that usually doesn't have nearly as much power, I'd probably race it with notably reduced power anyway, as I feel that it'd be unlikely that there would be a race where you could have maximum power and still have the car be eligible. This would apply to stuff like my Lancia Delta, which has the engine from the Nissan GT-R Nismo.

Last edited:
Personally, if I ever get an unusually powerful engine into a car that usually doesn't have nearly as much power, I'd probably race it with notably reduced power anyway, as I feel that it'd be unlikely that there would be a race where you could have maximum power and still have the car be eligible. This would apply to stuff like my Lancia Delta, which has the engine from the Nissan GT-R Nismo.
Then what's the point of doing the swap then?

Odd to say that, because I find the swapped Delta to be surprisingly manageable at full power, the 4WD drivetrain helps a lot with that.

It's the high-powered RWD swapped cars that you gotta watch out for, such as the LS swapped Silvia S13...That dammed thing is really only usable on Route X and even then you need to use racing wets on the front or the car heads straight to the wall at the slightest steering input at over 400km/h

Then what's the point of doing the swap then?
I’d imagine to get it to a higher PP/HP limit that it may not be able to reach with its stock engine. Plus I hear even if you use the same sort of power, the torque may be a lot better.

I’d imagine to get it to a higher PP/HP limit that it may not be able to reach with its stock engine. Plus I hear even if you use the same sort of power, the torque may be a lot better.
Remember "power" just means peak power, it doesn't take into the account the shape of the powerband and the response of the engine. When accelerating out of a corner in a turbo car for example theres a delay in the car actually putting all of its power at that rpm down (even when that rpm range is where peak boost is), whereas for NA or SC you're getting all the power possible at any given rpm all the time.

As for the powerband, this can be another reason to want an engine swap. Old muscle cars on this game tend to have very peaky powerbands and are limited to 5 gears max, this combination doesn't work to well, and I've seen people complaining about the Evo X with Escudo engine for this very reason too.

My manual transmission, '69 Z28 tuned to 425hp NA would be MUCH nicer to drive and cruise around in if it had for example a stock Chevy LT1, peak power would be similar, but total power across the entire engine leaps and bounds better, which makes a big difference when you're limited in gears and using a shifter. I feel like many would think its pointless unless it has maxed out peak power though 🙄🤣.

So yeah I would suggest screenshoting the powerbands of the different engines and A/Bing them to help you decide, and consider which engine is turbo too for the response. Of course factor in weight too :)

Odd to say that, because I find the swapped Delta to be surprisingly manageable at full power, the 4WD drivetrain helps a lot with that.

It's the high-powered RWD swapped cars that you gotta watch out for, such as the LS swapped Silvia S13...That dammed thing is really only usable on Route X and even then you need to use racing wets on the front or the car heads straight to the wall at the slightest steering input at over 400km/h
Totally disagree with you about the Silvia. That's my new girl you are talking about! I'm running mine at 1037 HP and have never had a spin out of any corner. Look up a tune from Praiano and apply. then go race anywhere and smoke'em. Only a couple of evenings ago I took my Silvia to Brands Hatch and ran it in the WTC 700PP, a 10 lap race. I was far enough ahead by lap 5, that I pitted for tires and fuel, and when I pulled out of the pit lane, I was still #1!?! I daily run my Silvia at Le Mans, where I win easily running at FM6 and I can squeeze 4 laps out of a tank if I need to. I enjoy being able to pull over 200mph any time I want to!! BTW, I'm not one of those fast young hotshots, I'll be 80 years old this coming April.
Cheers, Pete
OK, I found one (RX8) in my inventory. Didn't even know I had one. I've started accumulating performance parts for it, being carefull not to commit any unchangeable mods. I did not even go Wide body yet, but I read through Praiano's tune on the 600PP RX8 and he went with the wide body, so, I might too.
I am open to tuning suggestions if anyone has a decent setup. I have already swapped the engine into the new beast!
Thanks for the support,
Cheers, Pete

Back