Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,595 comments
Wow. So I’m wondering if different players have certain different programmed AI. What I’m experiencing is most likely a bug. The AI weren’t running out of fuel before the patch. Especially the two particular cars I mentioned, in those particular races.
I run normal difficulty btw, but the Audi was running slow compared to the rest :confused:

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Updated: October 20/v1.25

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Audi TTS Coupe '14 (!)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
  • R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes (Audi S1 Quattro Pikes Peak '87)
    • Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 (!!)

BMW
  • P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW 3.0 CSL '73
    • BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
  • LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT4-Camaro (Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 '18)
    • TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 (!)
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69
    • Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94
    • Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
    • Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16

Dodge
  • Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
    • Plymouth Superbird '70

Ferrari
  • F136F-458 (Ferrari 458 Italia '09)
    • Alfa Romeo 4C '14 (!)

Ford
  • Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • DeTomaso Pantera '71
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  • V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test (Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car)
    • Ford Focus RS '18
  • Voodoo-5.2L-GT350R (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R)
    • Ford Roadster '32

Honda
  • K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Honda Beat '91 (!)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65

Lexus
  • 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19

Mazda
  • 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
    • Suzuki Cappuccino '91
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
    • Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12

Nissan
  • SR20DET-Silvia-S15 (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16)
    • Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX

Porsche
  • M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Roadster Shop
  • LS7-Rampage (Roadster Shop Rampage)
    • Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera
    • DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04 (!!!)

Subaru
  • LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)

Suzuki
  • H25A-Escudo (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special)
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final '15 (!!)

Toyota
  • 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

Because it doesn't work as of v1.18

Number of exclamation marks in parentheses denotes my comparative level of "what the actual" ness

Holy Lord !!

Attachments

• IMG20221024215219.jpg
    IMG20221024215219.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 35
So, i swapped the corvette in the Silvia S14, but thats one horrible thing to drive. I can't even accelerate, because it constantly break out in the rear. How am i supposed to drive this thing? Even using very far out gearbox it just spins around. :boggled:
7:07 on curb @650pp for me

So, i swapped the corvette in the Silvia S14, but thats one horrible thing to drive. I can't even accelerate, because it constantly break out in the rear. How am i supposed to drive this thing? Even using very far out gearbox it just spins around. :boggled:
I thought it was awesome. With body mods (wide body and aero) I thought it handled pretty well. Stock suspension performance is not great but sufficient, fun like you'd expect from american muscle. Stock diff is great. Stock gearbox is sufficient but does top out about 250km/h. Amazing drifter with just steering adapter on the stock SH tyres. Granted you do have to modulate the throttle but it's very predictable. Haven't tried tuning it up yet.

Last edited:
Find another thread for it.

This thread is pinned because it contains actual information. We don't want people coming in, seeing wishlists, thinking they're information, and getting cross because the swaps you've listed are not actually available in the game.
I opened this thinking that was the OP. Fired up my game to rig up my hellcat jeep and now sad lol

Just got the 13B,which tuning is the good start for Tokyo 600?
Try this:

Wow , Thank you for the recommendation !!
For the gear , Can not turn it exactly as praiano63's, very near. The car is great ! nice to drive, very fast. It borns for Tokyo 600.

1666956289269.png

Got the Quattro yesterday after forcing myself to sit down and drive enough to get my marathon ticket. Glad I did. Now I just need to figure out how to make the Golf fun and stable with that much power.

Got the Quattro yesterday after forcing myself to sit down and drive enough to get my marathon ticket. Glad I did. Now I just need to figure out how to make the Golf fun and stable with that much power.

It's quite easy to tune. It didn't take me long to do a set up for Le Mans. Was fun to drive aswell and is probably the easiest to drive so far.

I just got that one too, but on an account that doesn't have the Golf and it's not in the UCD :banghead:Thankfully the GT350R engine I got from today's workout is on my main account with all cars! Running 4 accounts and still don't have all the engines...

Did anyone notice if tickets get better, when you don't play a few days and get no tickets?
Not really. I play everyday and got a six star ticket for doing a 25 minute endurance race at Bathurst. Landed on 500k gold bars with a one mil gold bar, Veyron VGT, engine and GT3 AMG ‘16 on the roulette.

Did anyone notice if tickets get better, when you don't play a few days and get no tickets?
Did not play for a day and the other day got a 5 star ticket, again one day off and the other day 6 star ticket, one week apart, cannot be a coincidence.

Did a Le Mans race this morning and got this. Again, playing every day. It’s just happens. I’ve gotten two and three star tickets this week.

Last edited:
I'm at Lvl 50, and the worst I've gotten for the last three updates was a 3 star, best being a six star engine ticket.

5 star tickets remain the dark horse, maybe got around 4 in the last three months. 4 stars are the most common I get.

Back