Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,701 comments
This is likely a hot button issue but the price of the swaps don't seem that high to me. If you consider that a swapped car doesn't blow axles, differentials, transmissions, or tear the frame up and therefore all those parts are upgraded to handle the increased power and torque in usually a smaller chassis than the donor car. Also unlike most swaps, the GT7 swaps use all new parts.

@BangsMcCoy With your positive comment, I searched a video. And while people told me the car has only 4 speeds. It seems that with racing transmission you got a 5th one !

After taking the screenshots and shutting down the PS5 I feel like this isn’t the right tune, looking at it the transmission gearing doesn’t look right to me. This will probably get you close, but I think I have a better tune on another sheet.

EDIT: definitely not the right tune in the images since it’s not with the ultra high turbo.
IMG_5444.jpegIMG_5445.jpegIMG_5446.jpeg

Last edited:
The market values in Gran Turismo: the R5 Audi Quattro engine costs 1,250,000, it is applicable in the VW Golf I, and the sale of the car in the used market, the engine upgrade, has a value of 30,000. I'm not going to sell it, and I got the engine because it came out on a ticket

After taking the screenshots and shutting down the PS5 I feel like this isn’t the right tune, looking at it the transmission gearing doesn’t look right to me. This will probably get you close, but I think I have a better tune on another sheet.

EDIT: definitely not the right tune in the images since it’s not with the ultra high turbo.
View attachment 1268707View attachment 1268708View attachment 1268709
The car in the video has the NSX swap.

The car in the video has the NSX swap.
I told JeyM I’d post my tune, that doesn’t use the NSX engine, because it is not the necessary upgrade one would assume in terms of making the drift car stable and drivable. Prior to 1.31 the drift car was virtually untamable (for racing purposes) no matter what you did unless you reeeeeeally lengthened the gearing and/or cranked up the LSD, or took a ton of power out of it, which made it almost pointless to then drive. The drift car doesn’t need the NSX engine to be a stable race car since the last big physics update, which I believe was 1.31.
The NSX swap does give it better fuel efficiency, yes, although at a cost of overall performance.
However, after looking at the screenshots I took I realized I took them of the wrong setting sheet from my tunes and the images I posted weren’t the ones I thought.

And in the UCD, the Nissan 180SX, Nissan Silvia K S13, Honda Beat & the De Tomaso Pantera have been added today. 👍

In fact, they join a few other swap contenders currently in UCD, The 240ZG, The Delta, The 89’ MX5, the 3.0 CSL, VW Beetle, 300ZX, Silvia S15, 92’ NSX, C3 Vette Convertible and The R34 GT-R. 😉

Other than straight up PDLogic™, why else would we now be getting engine swaps?
Engine swaps were probably on paper for a while, just something they never bothered to look into.

De Tomaso Pantera

Get it. The 302 Coyote Swap is honestly one of my favorites. Cheeses any WTC 600 race, even the Tokyo one where Haywood's hurrican goes like hell.

Last edited:
Now that any engine is purchasable, it's still worth to save tickets between updates?
IMO, no. The only bonus you get from the tickets would be saving a million+ credits for expensive swaps (R92C, Audi Pikes Peak, Enzo, Huayra, etc). But I'd rather grind an hour+ than be at the mercy of the Roulette Wheel of Despair.

Other than that, saving and re-rolling tickets are still useful to those waiting for the correct dealership invitation. Several members have been waiting for the Ferrari invite (me included).

- edited credit amount and swaps

Last edited:
Wondered if they would provide info now the engines are purchasable.. Guess they half have. Told us the cars but you need to go out and buy them to find out the engines. Will be intriguing to find out if they are all existing seeing as they haven't mentioned the engines or if there is still a surprise to be had.

The Alpine '17 takes the Nismo GTR engine :scared:
So does the R32 '90..
And the Z '23...
Z '07 takes the R34 engine...
And the R32 '94 takes the R92CP engine :eek:View attachment 1269035View attachment 1269036View attachment 1269037View attachment 1269038View attachment 1269039
What a bummer 🤦 Why didn't they put something more interesting for the Alpine, like a Citroen VGT or Citroen gr3 engine or Renault RS.01 engine to keep it french 🤷. Other than that not too bad, but nothing surprising either.

Renault RS.01 engine to keep it french 🤷.
That's already a GT-R engine. Would be nice to have its fuel economy, but it would lack power. The swap is conscious of the Nissan Renault Mitsubishi alliance, so we should be able to see more Nissan swaps on Renault cars in the future.

What a bummer 🤦 Why didn't they put something more interesting for the Alpine, like a Citroen VGT or Citroen gr3 engine or Renault RS.01 engine to keep it french 🤷. Other than that not too bad, but nothing surprising either.
I mean, the R35 Nismo engine was made during the PSA/Nissan joint venture times, sooooo...

I mean, the R35 Nismo engine was made during the PSA/Nissan joint venture times, sooooo...
Yeah true, but quite a few cars get one of the
GT-R engines, plus the new Alpine is one of the last cool sportscars to come from France, so a missed chance still imo.

Not too bad, few more for a Bonanza engine, 1 for a post Bonanza engine and 1 new engine. But yeah, shame it's all Nissan centric.

Back