Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
This used to be
"who can find the next engine swap"
Now it is
"who can get daily ucd 'swappable' car refresh"
to gtplanet.net-(the first time zone thats who)

Now that everything is purchasable, and the first page has always been updated by famine with new finds I ask-

...when every street car eventually takes at least one swap, what's the point of posting that info here?
It's just like logging into the game and seeing them at the lot.

Will someone be typing up the entire ucd list refresh daily?

It is the COMPATIBILITY list, not AVAILABILITY.

I get it helps some "new" people to the page, but is it really necessary? Has it been done since the thread started? It's just started since the purchase everything' update-
You say your doing it because your trying to collect them all like pokemon'-
And most of us following this thread have been interested in the rarity of these items since day 1.
( and already had most of the swaps from the bonanza)

So again I say here for the monthy update "NEW" findings, that are never mentioned in patch notes.
I am thankful to have such a broad community of members that contribute, don't get me wrong, wasn't trying to debate it, just wondering long term.

Anyways
-predicting Subaru swap maybe..?
(None yet, dropping bug eye this update 🫤)

I don't care much for this dealer updates argument, so I won't touch on that.

Just came in to mention my special parts/max tuning database for anyone who wants to know the maximum performance of each engine, the minimum weight of swappable cars, or what special parts each car has access to. Link here:

Last edited:
I don't care much for this dealer updates argument, so I won't touch on that.

Just came in to mention my special parts/max tuning database for anyone who wants to know the maximum performance of each engine, the minimum weight of swappable cars, or what special parts each car has access to. Link here:

Awsome 👍. I needed something like that to track witch cars have weight reduction 5.

This used to be
Now it is

Now that everything is purchasable, and the first page has always been updated by famine with new finds I ask-

...when every street car eventually takes at least one swap, what's the point of posting that info here?

I get it helps some "new" people to the page, but is it really necessary? Has it been done since the thread started? It's just started since the purchase everything' update-
And most of us following this thread have been interested in the rarity of these items since day 1.

So again I say here for the monthy update "NEW" findings, that are never mentioned in patch notes.
I am thankful to have such a broad community of members that contribute, don't get me wrong, wasn't trying to debate it, just wondering long term.

Anyways
I believe the answers you are looking for are likely already in post #4,847. Also the line “There are times when overlapping is unavoidable” again seems very appropriate here.
I don’t make the rules or necessarily agree with some of them, but if this info is helpful to some and I happen to be able to get it to people faster than others then it’s all good. That’s what forums are for, to help and to discuss. It’s not really a contest as far as I’m concerned. Trying to help. Just that.

To the point of it being a thread of who can post the newly available engine swappable cars first, it’s not whoever is in the earliest time zone as the refresh occurs at the same time for everyone. When the refresh occurs it’s 8pm for people on the east coast and 5pm for people on the west coast currently (United States). People on the east coast don’t have a 3 hour advantage though.
So it’s really whoever has the fastest fingers when the refresh happens, if they’re trying to be the first person to post it, though some time zones are at a huge disadvantage due to the local time for them that the update happens. For people where the update happens at midnight or maybe 2am etc. local time they may not be awake to post or see until next morning.

Last edited:
My predictions:
787B engine in RX500
Celica Rally Car engine in Toyota SF-R
Roadster Shop Rampage engine in Amuse S2000
Would love rx500 787b
I have a feeling we'll have more nissan r92cp engine alternatives this update.
And maybe xj220 with xjr9 engine

Dealerships refresh at 8PM EDT (or 7PM EST) on the East Coast. You were counting the wrong way.
Good catch. That is correct. It refreshes at 5pm PDT and 8pm EDT.

I guess this is why employers don’t want you messaging on personal devices while you’re in work meetings. :lol:

Last edited:
In the frenzy of being able to buy engines, I forgot I had ticket engines 😅
^ To add to that however, some engines are not available for the OE car. Such as the monster Suzuki engine. I would recommend holding at least one of these for your race car.

I'm sure it has been said but it funnier when you see it next to each other on paper that the BRZ Drift Car's engine can be replaced with a Honda engine of less power then that huge power Chevy put in a square Nissan. Just so can actually drive the BRZ....
20230624_133135.jpg

F1 engines swap in road cars please.
Why? Road Cars need ft-lbs not 12,000 RPM.

Last edited:
I'm sure it has been said but it funnier when you see it next to each other on paper that the BRZ Drift Car's engine can be replaced with a Honda engine of less power then that huge power Chevy put in a square Nissan. Just so can actually drive the BRZ....View attachment 1267761

Before the last big physics update that was the case, the BRZ Drift Car was quite undriveable when trying to race with it instead of drift. Even then I had a tune where it was quite stable and capable of winning races against most road cars, including fully tuned high HP ones.
Since the 1.31 update though I have a tuned BRZ Drift Car with the ultra high rpm turbo and all the fixings and it’s just as stable as anything else, even more than some. It’s far more stable than a handful of the swapped cars and is one of my fastest cars that’s not something like a Gr.1/Gr.2 race car or something like a Tomahawk around Trial Mountain where I do a lot of time trials and testing of tunes. It’s really only held back by its transmission.

This used to be
Now it is

Anyways
Tbf this whole thread is usually only useful for about 3 days after the last update and then falls in to people asking for tunes or, more recently, posting when there's new cars in the UCD that'll take a swap...

I just come here when there's an update due 🤷

Before the last big physics update that was the case, the BRZ Drift Car was quite undriveable when trying to race with it instead of drift. Even then I had a tune where it was quite stable and capable of winning races against most road cars, including fully tuned high HP ones.
Since the 1.31 update though I have a tuned BRZ Drift Car with the ultra high rpm turbo and all the fixings and it’s just as stable as anything else, even more than some. It’s far more stable than a handful of the swapped cars and is one of my fastest cars that’s not something like a Gr.1/Gr.2 race car or something like a Tomahawk around Trial Mountain where I do a lot of time trials and testing of tunes. It’s really only held back by its transmission.
It performs well even with the 4 speeds GB ?

That's why I didn't swapped it for racing, I wasn't sure it was nice to drive with only 4 speeds.

It performs well even with the 4 speeds GB ?

That's why I didn't swapped it for racing, I wasn't sure it was nice to drive with only 4 speeds.
It performs VERY well the the fully adjustable racing transmission that has the gearing tuned. In conjunction with the LSD settings and racing tires it’s amazing. I never tried it with the stock gearbox or tires. It’s actually a very fun and stable drive for me with my setup. I can post screenshots tonight if I remember to log in to GT7 and take some.

^ To add to that however, some engines are not available for the OE car. Such as the monster Suzuki engine. I would recommend holding at least one of these for your race car.

I'm sure it has been said but it funnier when you see it next to each other on paper that the BRZ Drift Car's engine can be replaced with a Honda engine of less power then that huge power Chevy put in a square Nissan. Just so can actually drive the BRZ....View attachment 1267761

You’re right. 12,000 RPM is silly.

Now, 11,000 RPM. Yes, we needs that!

Speaking of high RPM, short-stroke motors, the RC213V V4 (from the project 2&4) swap for the S660 is an absolute blast. Quickly becoming one of my favourite swaps, with that 16kRPM redline and a superb soundtrack :drool:. Suits the car so well.

I'll happily take the higher RPMs/engine speeds over high Torque outputs.

Last edited:
Not derailing this thread, but I do wonder if all these swaps, for the first time in a Gran Turismo game, are a precursor to Pikes Peak.

Other than straight up PDLogic™, why else would we now be getting engine swaps? So many options to build cars, making replicas not only for circuit racing, but to mimic hill climb machines does seem logical. Whether it’s inevitable or not. It’d be the best way to utilise player creations.

Latest Posts

Back